Burton Albion (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Match thread for Burton Albion (Home). Discuss Predictions, Tactics and the game!<div style="float:right; text-align:center;"><h2>Burton Albion (Home) </h2>
184144-3164.png

Ricoh Arena
3PM Kick Off
</div>

standupforcity

There's no way that the way we are playing, the strength of our bench, and the signings we're making, that we won't make the top two and gain automatic promotion. So I don't see Saturday's game against Burton as a must win game. That said, I think we will winand could be top of the table Sat night depending on other results. Exciting times!!

Otis

There's no way that the way we are playing, the strength of our bench, and the signings we're making, that we won't make the top two and gain automatic promotion. So I don't see Saturday's game against Burton as a must win game. That said, I think we will winand could be top of the table Sat night depending on other results. Exciting times!!
Nope. Don't see it as must win either, but I think we will. We should have won last night. Think the Stokes issue will be massive though. If he's out we could really suffer.

Maybe TM has another CB lined up anyway mind.

covcity4life

not must win but i think we will win

rcc
phillips
ricketts
ramage
stokes
vincelot
fleck
job
maddison
murphy
armstrong

3-1 win (arma,murphy and maddison)

gills to lose to donny
walsall draw with bury
and wigan draw with chesterfield

top of the league!

Otis

not must win but i think we will win

rcc
phillips
ricketts
ramage
stokes
vincelot
fleck
job
maddison
murphy
armstrong

3-1 win (arma,murphy and maddison)

gills to lose to donny
walsall draw with bury
and wigan draw with chesterfield

top of the league!
Can see the first two happening for sure.

covcity4life

chesterfield on fire so they can do wigan

chesterfied...another point that was fans moaned about,since then they have gone on quite the streak. shows how well we did vs their new manager

Monners

chesterfield on fire so they can do wigan

chesterfied...another point that was fans moaned about,since then they have gone on quite the streak. shows how well we did vs their new manager

Looks like a decent away point now doesn't it

Think we will win on Sat by the way

RCC

Phillips Ricketts Stokes (If fit) Haynes

Fleck Vincelot

Maddison Cole Lamires

Armstrong

Both Murphy and JOB looked knackered 2nd half. Definite options from the bench.
Although Burton have 2 games in hand they have 4 games in 2 weeks. I doubt they have the biggest squad so even a draw against them I can't see them pulling away.

I think we will win Saturday though. 2-0

bringbackrattles

We played well last night but needed that elusive second goal,but Walsall are solid at the back so it wasn't meant to be on the night.I really fancy us to beat Burton on Saturday,even though they are another team with a good defence. 2-I to the Sky Blues.

malkitccfc

I think it is a must win personally. With Burtons two games in hand and Walsall also having one, we need to get on a winning run. Gillingham away at Doncaster this weekend, Walsall away at Bury.

Otis

I think it is a must win personally. With Burtons two games in hand and Walsall also having one, we need to get on a winning run. Gillingham away at Doncaster this weekend, Walsall away at Bury.
Think Donny may well win and Bury are more than capable of getting something off Walsall too.

Otis

Burtons last 2 away games were at gillingham and Wigan. Won them both. But lost at fleetwood 4-0! Crazy league!
Yep. Burton lost 4-0 at Fleetwood and 3-0 at home to Peterborough.

Walsall lost 3-0 at home to Rochdale.

Gillingham lost 3-0 at home to Burton and 4-1 against us.

Our defeats have all only been by 1 goal. Shows just how consistent we have been.

torchomatic

Out of the two games this is the one I was most confident about. Sounds stupid but although they are still up there I can't help thinking they are over achieving and will eventually fall away like Bury and Rochdale did. If we can play like we did in the first half last night then I think we'll win quite comfortably.

covcity4life

Out of the two games this is the one I was most confident about. Sounds stupid but although they are still up there I can't help thinking they are over achieving and will eventually fall away like Bury and Rochdale did. If we can play like we did in the first half last night then I think we'll win quite comfortably.

i agree torch

Evo1883

I always predict a loss because since doing that we have lost once in over 2 months , not that my prediction will alter anything anyway .
2-1 defeat

Astute

Great first half and 2-0 up. Start to sit back second half. Burton get a goal midway through the second half. Squeaky bum time but we hold on to win.

torchomatic

And in other games Walsall, Wigan, Peterborough and Gillingham lose.

Great first half and 2-0 up. Start to sit back second half. Burton get a goal midway through the second half. Squeaky bum time but we hold on to win.

Warwickhunt

They will sit back and try and hit us on the Break, they have the league record for scoring goals 90+ minutes. We have to resist gung ho on this one. as long as we dont lose it then the result is ok. weve got so called lesser teams in february and could give a string of back to back wins. I always say the Team with the momentum in Mid april will get up in the Automatic places.

covcity4life

we have hard matches march and april especially. need to take advantage of feb

wanna be 5 pts clear of 3rd by march 1st!

skybluesam66

but we now need around 42 points from 20 games

so that is something like 12 wins, 6 draws and 2 defeats
give or take that will be automatic

so we need to start winning a few and get maybe 4 or 5 back to back wins - otherwise , may be a step too far

Gazolba

I'm going for a 2-1 win on this one. Armstrong will definitely score. I'd like to think we will slaughter them but I'm thinking we will end up hanging on for the win.

Gazolba

<snip> we've got so called lesser teams in february and could give a string of back to back wins.<snip>

We tend not to do well against 'lesser' teams. Toward the end of the season they will all be fighting hard to stay up.

covcity4life

so we need to start winning a few and get maybe 4 or 5 back to back wins - otherwise , may be a step too far

3 wins on trot and it looks very doable

things can change quickly

Gazolba

All of the above also applies to our rivals. It would have been a massive help for us to have beaten Walsall and to beat Burton.

Monners

Just been looking at the fixtures and Burton have to play 8 games in March. Thats a test for any squad.

covcity4life

Just been looking at the fixtures and Burton have to play 8 games in March. Thats a test for any squad.

especially theirs which looks like its pushing above its weight

think walsall will fight for top 2 all season,but burton may fall to 5th or 6th

lets hope we start that fall for them on saturday

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread