Burton Albion (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

I think Hunt is an unknown in this league so might be a surprise package. Mogga is saying he is fit.

Rubén is not flavour of the month with Mogga at the moment. Would be interesting to see Hunt, Cole, Madderz behind Arma...would be tasty and give plenty of clinical passed to him.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
One of Hunt and Rose will be on the bench at best IMO.

I agree with an earlier poster that is like to see Ruben and Maddison back together in the first team.

JOB and Murphy came inside too much on Tuesday and I don't think we can take that risk today. That said, Murphy has pace to burn so suspect he will keep his places and JOB probably dropped to the bench along with Cole

AFCCOVENTRY

RCC

Phillips
Ramage
Ricketts
Stokes

Fleck
Vincelot
Cole
Maddison
Hunt

Armstrong

Subs

Burge
Haynes
Bigi
Murphy
JOB
Tudgay
Ruben

Astute

I think Hunt is an unknown in this league so might be a surprise package. Mogga is saying he is fit.

Rubén is not flavour of the month with Mogga at the moment. Would be interesting to see Hunt, Cole, Madderz behind Arma...would be tasty and give plenty of clinical passed to him.

There is fit then there is match fit.

stupot07

Will Cole play again? Thought TM was talking in terms of him only being able to play one game a week, or was that only while he wasn't completely match fit?

I have no idea, I just got the feeling Mowbray withdrew him after an hour with Burton in mind. He was saying in the post match interview that he didn't play both Maddison and Cole against Walsall because of the way they play but It might be an option for Burton as they don't pose the same level of danger in possession from open play (I am paraphrasing somewhat).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

mechaishida

Yep. Get the feeling he will play. Obviously dependant on fitness, but only TM knows that at the mo.

I get the sneaky feeling he will be in.

If he only lasts an hour, or slightly under, at least we can gauge his effectiveness. He might very well be the aggressive attacking element we need against a mean defence like Burton.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not local sw88....Christ the King? Is the city blessed?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry WM. The City will hopefully be blessed today :)

Christ the King is a rugby field (I think.....) just over the railway line up near an industrial park, and about a 15 minute walk. Another poster has mention other alternatives from the Foleshill road which may have a shorter walk depending on your preference.

Some still park in Tesco and don't experience issues if you preferred to give hat a go.

robbiethemole

Hunt used alongside Vince with Fleck just in front of them? that should put the shits up Burton's strikers. Fleck able to help those two and support Murph and Arma up front. What a luxury Mogga has with choosing this team, compared to what Pressley had to offfer.. PUSB

Great_Expectations

If it's a choice between which full back to drop to accommodate Ramage, for me it would be Haynes. Phillips pips him for experience and has showed signs of improvement recently. He's a safer bet (despite his love of make reckless challenges).

The issue with that solution is the lack of pace at CB. Do Burton play with pace?

It will be interesting to see which way TM goes.

Alternatively he may leave it as it is, or throw a curveball and put Hunt LB.

Liquid Gold

Either that or Haynes instead of Philips and everyone moves over. Think Philips more solid than Haynes

They both worry me but I think Phillips has been responsible for more goals than Haynes, not an ideal situation but out of the two I'd rather have ginge in the team

Otis

If it's a choice between which full back to drop to accommodate Ramage, for me it would be Haynes. Phillips pips him for experience and has showed signs of improvement recently. He's a safer bet (despite his love of make reckless challenges).

The issue with that solution is the lack of pace at CB. Do Burton play with pace?

My one big concern with Ramage is his apparent lack of pace.

mechaishida

It's Burton's mean defence that worries me, best defensive record in the league. We really need to be firing on all cylinders to break them down early, 'cos 9/10 times they score first and go on to win.

Liquid Gold

It's Burton's mean defence that worries me, best defensive record in the league. We really need to be firing on all cylinders to break them down early, 'cos 9/10 times they score first and go on to win.

Agree with this, think fleck will be playing a bit higher up the pitch today to try and help pick the lock with Vince screening.

Otis

Best defensive record in the league? After today I think not!

Mr pot

I'd have Phillips over Haynes. Haynes fills me with uncertainty throughout the game.

Oh hang on

AFCCOVENTRY

We need skill and guile to break the Burton defence down. Enter Cole, Madderz and Hunt.

I would keep Murphy on the bench to ass pace in the second half if needed.

robbiethemole

dont forget they didnt score against us, we scored all 3, plus they havent come across Arma yet cos he was away then..............gonna fuckin shock em toady.

letsallsingtogether

More at the ground than usual at this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to pick my tickets up at 11.20 quite a healthy queue then.
Got my tickets online this morning blocks 15-16-17 only had about 4 seats left all singles as I needed 3 I had to have block 14 and that was also half full so looks like a good crowd today:claping hands:

Come on SBA lets bring the roof down:guitar2:

Great_Expectations

Went to pick my tickets up at 11.20 quite a healthy queue then.
Got my tickets online this morning blocks 15-16-17 only had about 4 seats left all singles as I needed 3 I had to have block 14 and that was also half full so looks like a good crowd today:claping hands:

Come on SBA lets bring the roof down:guitar2:

Fantastic news, an attendance of 17/18/19 can make a difference today. It will both spur on our players and potentially intimate Burton, who are used to playing in front of a few thousand. Sort of, maybe, hopefully. I think I'm just excited.

Users who are viewing this thread