Burton Albion (Home) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Hobo

RR yesterday but too near the corner for my liking. Couldn't always see players numbers. Which makes it hard to assess players, especially the opposition. It was a bit like baseball the pitch had a diamond shape. Thought I was at an away match at one stage lol

letsallsingtogether

Young keeper who is learning still, Cook doesn't deserved to be lumped with Phillips as you did, he also isn't shocking either or a calamity. He has a tendency at times to overplay it and had a few lapses v Doncaster and Sheffield United, he also has made some very good saves at crucial time. If it was up to me I'd bring an experienced first choice keeper to mentor Cook, I think Cook has talent and hope he can be our number 1 for many years to come.

But it is OK to lump Burge with the others?
Cook never caught one corner or cross yesterday and that is supposed to be his strong point seemed scared to come off his line and attack the ball like a proper goalkeeper.
His has a mare last few games maybe needs a rest from the first team.

Hobo

But it is OK to lump Burge with the others?
Cook never caught one corner or cross yesterday and that is supposed to be his strong point seemed scared to come off his line and attack the ball like a proper goalkeeper.
His has a mare last few games maybe needs a rest from the first team.

I would not go that far. RCC made good saves. Burton dominated us at corners all round not RCC's fault. But he needs to be more vocal.

In fact all our back four are quiet.

italiahorse

Burton showed how a team can perform against a team of individuals.
They knew where everybody was and their shape allowed them to play quickly to areas they would expect players to be.

Our defenders and midfielders looked clueless what to do as we came out of defence.
Runners were unseen and it seemed as if every pass had to be given deep thought.

We are a team of individuals that seldom perform as a unit.

Need to quickly sort out or we will drop into mid table before we know it..

Sick Boy

The hysteria is laughable, especially after some downplayed the talents of our rivals and tried to potray us as the next Barcelona.

Perhaps we aren't quite as good as some thought we were? For a while there was the attitude that all we needed to do was just turn up and other teams would give us the points.

Now all of a sudden we are in free fall?

italiahorse

The hysteria is laughable, especially after some downplayed the talents of our rivals and tried to potray us as the next Barcelona.

Perhaps we aren't quite as good as some thought we were? For a while there was the attitude that all we needed to do was just turn up and other teams would give us the points.

We are not in freefall ....... yet, but we need to start performing as a team quickly.

Too many changes for me, too defensive and too much respect for teams by playing one up front.
Where was JOB yesterday ?

letsallsingtogether

We are not in freefall ....... yet, but we need to start performing as a team quickly.

Too many changes for me, too defensive and too much respect for teams by playing one up front.
Exactly but we need to turn or draws into wins.

mechaishida

The free-fall comment was ludicrous; however the fact is, we're simply not good enough for an auto-promotion spot, as it stands.

Seems some of the players are believing they have to just throw the shirt on and the points are theirs. That, coupled with our current lack of depth and injury-hit back four do not bode too well. TM certainly has his work cut out.

letsallsingtogether

I would not go that far. RCC made good saves. Burton dominated us at corners all round not RCC's fault. But he needs to be more vocal.

In fact all our back four are quiet.

Not arguing that he made some good saves just pointing out so did Burge but he was slaughtered on here when he dropped a couple of catches?
And as they say the back 4 feed off the goalkeeper the more they trust him the better they normally play.

Hobo

Not arguing that he made some good saves just pointing out so did Burge but he was slaughtered on here when he dropped a couple of catches?
And as they say the back 4 feed off the goalkeeper the more they trust him the better they normally play.

Burge has never been slated by me in fact I defended him against some of the cc unfair criticism. Both are young keepers who have their faults. But I still think RCC has proved to be the better of the two so far.

I think the fact we have been unable to bed in a regular back four is the big issue here. Plus there are frailties in front of them from a defensive and attacking point of view.

What gives me confidence is I feel we haventvplayed our best football yet. Hang on in there and click around Easter.

Warwickhunt

We were shown by Burton how to defend for 90+ minutes. Let's look at the next teams as we have played the top 4 teams home and away now. The teams we will be meeting will be weaker by inference and we need to capitalise while Burton Walsall and Gillingham play each other

D

Deleted member 4439

We were shown by Burton how to defend for 90+ minutes. Let's look at the next teams as we have played the top 4 teams home and away now. The teams we will be meeting will be weaker by inference and we need to capitalise while Burton Walsall and Gillingham play each other

Haven't played Gills away. In fact, in April we have Gills away, Wigan at home and both Millwall (who won again today) away and Sheff Utd at home. Bradford that mth, as well. Altogether, a difficult run-in.

clint van damme

We need to at least keep our current position until March.

The teams around us then have a lot of games against each other so it could get really interesting.

The problem is, the way we are playing maintaining our current position for another 6 weeks is going to be difficult.

covcity4life

can you reply to my posts that call you out on your flip flopping please?

any excuse to moan at fellow fans, why?

mechaishida

can you reply to my posts that call you out on your flip flopping please?

any excuse to moan at fellow fans, why?

To be fair, mate, I've had a moan about the scapegoating of players on here. Yeah, Phillips is not up to the task, this is why we need to reshuffle the defence to get Ricketts at RB until Lorentzson is fit.

Just look at the amount of threads digging players after we lost fair and square to the league's top team. It's a bit depressing to think we're so vindictive as a fan-base, where we have to have someone to blame.

We're still a top 6 team as it stands, with more players incoming we could quite easily be top 2 material again.

standupforcity

Haven't played Gills away. In fact, in April we have Gills away, Wigan at home and both Millwall (who won again today) away and Sheff Utd at home. Bradford that mth, as well. Altogether, a difficult run-in.

Think you need to check the fixture list again.....already played Millwall away for instance...won 4-0

covcity4life

To be fair, mate, I've had a moan about the scapegoating of players on here. Yeah, Phillips is not up to the task, this is why we need to reshuffle the defence to get Ricketts at RB until Lorentzson is fit.

Just look at the amount of threads digging players after we lost fair and square to the league's top team. It's a bit depressing to think we're so vindictive as a fan-base, where we have to have someone to blame.

We're still a top 6 team as it stands, with more players incoming we could quite easily be top 2 material again.

my only issue is his "i told you so" gimmick

he laughs at fans who thihk we get autos
he laughs at fans who thought burton and walsall might be affected by manager

but then flip flops so he can laugh at people who dont expect 3 pts vs walsall

makes no sense, can you see what i mean?

mechaishida

my only issue is his "i told you so" gimmick

he laughs at fans who thihk we get autos
he laughs at fans who thought burton and walsall might be affected by manager

but then flip flops so he can laugh at people who dont expect 3 pts vs walsall

makes no sense, can you see what i mean?

Yeah, absolutely, I see what you mean. It's not productive, to say the least.

Then again, we all have our shortcomings...you're an arse and I'm a wanker. ;)

Otis

Yes Burton did show us how to defend, but we have been very hard done by with injuries haven't we. Usually injuries tend to be spread amongst the squad, but we lost Willis, then Reda, then Turner, then Martin and it has forced us to move Ricketts and Stokes.

Would love to see us with a full strength first choice back four and see how more solid we are.

Looks a while off yet though doesn't it.

Gazolba

I predict we'll lose 0-2. Shouldn't these match threads have an expiration date?

Users who are viewing this thread