2-year old killed in hit-and-run, McDonald Road (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
They are accused under joint enterprise of two counts of causing death by dangerous driving after Corey and Casper Platt-May - aged six and two - died following a collision on Macdonald Road at around 2pm.

I'm not sure, they must think it was him driving though.

wingy

Beat me to it, even worse no license, no insurance which was the bloke.

She has been charged with common assault, I wonder what that's from?
She was whacking someone trying to detain the driver.
Re Grendel I've also Wondered that, aided and abetted?

wingy

Out of interest why would the passenger be charged with death by dangerous driving? I don’t understand how they can be.
Says Joint enterprise
I thought that had been discredited in the last few years and rescinded ,something to do with a high profile case ?
Stephen Lawrence ?

Johnnythespider

Beat me to it, even worse no license, no insurance which was the bloke.

She has been charged with common assault, I wonder what that's from?
Have they both been charged with dangerous driving ? If so is it possible they don't know who was behind the wheel. According to my wife's friend when she arrived on the scene the woman was attacking him calling him a murderer and he was asking why was she hitting him, that might be what the common assault charge is. They may be blaming each other, he has done time before after stealing cans of oil from a garage of all things, sounds like a proper twat.

Captain Dart

I know from hearing stories that my dads generation it was the done thing. Was there some sort of push to make it be seen as a bad thing to do? None of my friends would even consider it.
Older people at work and in the pub etc it’s seen as a bit of a giggle. “LOL drove home pissed last night” where as everyone around my age that I know you’d get slated. Anecdotal evidence but still interesting.
Anecdotal evidence, I have a few stories, its true we all used to laugh about it but my circle got away without harming anyone else however one of the bosses where I worked (40 years ago) killed someone drink driving.

shmmeee

Though it may be laudable the roads are less safe now than then. There still wasn’t a huge percentage who drank over the limit. Nowadays however whenever you are on the road there are people texting using social media etc. all the time.

Yesterday I saw some young girl in her car I assume FaceTiming driving one handed not even looking at the road.

Research shows that using phones is worse than being twice over the drink drive limit and a huge percentage are guilty of it every day.

While I agree with your overall point about phones. It’s complete nonsense to claim the roads were safer back then:

aciidents-fall.gif

Covstu

Have they been sentenced yet?

I wish the council could evict these fuckers out of our city. Certainly refuse to House or pay their benefits

shmmeee

On topic: they’re fucking scum. Mine are 2 and 8 and this hit home hard.

I hope they throw the book at them.

Grendel

While I agree with your overall point about phones. It’s complete nonsense to claim the roads were safer back then:

aciidents-fall.gif

It isn’t as the correlation you are using with that graph is statistically anomalous

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Remanded in custody. I wish it was custard. Permanently boiling custard!

Captain Dart

wingy

If they're using serious injury and deaths as the measure then it has to be remembered that technology and vehicle safety are in a different stratosphere now for both occupants and pedestrians.

eastwoodsdustman

All of the talk about reducing the drink drive limit to zero would not change the behaviour of these vile perpetrators.
Sadly they are part of an underclass who are beneath the law and have no respect for anyone or anything. I really do not know how you would put a stop to these blights on societyother than by getting rid of the benefits system that allows them to stay in drugs, fags and booze and keeps a roof over their shitty fucked up heads.

Westendlad

All of the talk about reducing the drink drive limit to zero would not change the behaviour of these vile perpetrators.
Sadly they are part of an underclass who are beneath the law and have no respect for anyone or anything. I really do not know how you would put a stop to these blights on societyother than by getting rid of the benefits system that allows them to stay in drugs, fags and booze and keeps a roof over their shitty fucked up heads.
Agree but nothing will change thanks to the pathetic do- gooders.....I know loads of families playing the system and tell you what....they're better off than me working my arse off for my family..

Houchens Head

Because he'll probably be classed as a child killer, he will more than likely end up here at Parkhurst (now HMP Isle of Wight). It's mainly for lifers, perverts and child killers. The likes of Paul Gadd (Gary Glitter) is here. It's an awesome place. I drive past it a lot. The Kray twins, Peter Sutcliffe and Ian Brady have all served time here. Trouble is, with this place, most of the cons are pretty much the same mind-set. They wouldn't really bother with him. He needs to go to HMP Gartree or Long Lartin. He wouldn't last 5 minutes in either of those. Bastard!

Houchens Head

The c**t is doing his best to get a long sentence.

He probably thinks that if he gets a long sentence, Coventry people will forget all about him when he comes out. He'll have a shock then, won't he? Cov kids have long memories!

Sick Boy

To be fair there's no doubt plenty of the 'upper classes' and super-rich who feel the laws of the land do not apply to them either. You can't also punish the majority due to the actions of a minority either.

LastGarrison

Her Facebook page makes some interesting viewing and reading and already a few people insinuating that he will be receiving a warm welcome on the inside.

Doubt he'll get classed as a child killer and go to Parkhurst though, I would imagine it will be Winson Green and then onto somewhere like Hewell.

Captain Dart

That's a stunning reduction isn't it
Not surprising at all if you have memories of being driven down the motorway at 80 in a mini in the 70's, jumping all over the place, a real white knuckle ride. Cars are so much safer.

clint van damme

He probably thinks that if he gets a long sentence, Coventry people will forget all about him when he comes out. He'll have a shock then, won't he? Cov kids have long memories!

I don't think they'll be able to come back to Cov H.
Unfortunately some other town will have to house these lowlife.

Apparently she has a daughter who she is estranged from and her and her child are receiving death threats on social media. How the fuck is that going to help?

chiefdave

I had hoped that there was a reason they hadn't stopped, maybe just clipped the kids and not realised. Having seen a picture of the car there's no way on earth they didn't know what they had done and decided to drive off.

Accidents happen but when you've got someone who shouldn't be driving who appears to have been speeding and drove off I wouldn't really class it as an accident. They deserve everything they get. The behaviour in court is just bizarre. How can you do something like that and not be in pieces and full of remorse?

Macca

I don't think they'll be able to come back to Cov H.
Unfortunately some other town will have to house these lowlife.

Apparently she has a daughter who she is estranged from and her and her child are receiving death threats on social media. How the fuck is that going to help?

This kind of thing brings all the plebs out. General scum bags who sieze the opportunity to momentarily enjoy the moral high ground. Don't give 2 hoots for the victims just want to spit bile

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think they should be put in a cell with the parents and a few relatives for a few minutes to dish out a bit of justice

Users who are viewing this thread