2-year old killed in hit-and-run, McDonald Road (2 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

My response is isn’t emotional it’s the opposite. It’s clear some people add always going to be in prison and beyond a point of release. So they take up space and are a waste of money to the taxpayer.

So just kill them. Or use them for drug experimentation instead of animals.
There are some prisoners who are evil and inhuman in their thoughts and behaviour, and are beyond help. And I agree why waste time and money on such people ? But how about someone such as myself who did 3 sentences, but turned his life around and have never returned to the prison system, and when I look back I see a completely different person. I too could have been seen as a low life and beyond rehabilitation, and be one of those seen as one who deserves to have his life cut short. But I do understand people who get angry when they read or hear about monsters getting pampered etc, I too get irate. But I'm still of the opinion people can change if they really want to.

chiefdave

There are some prisoners who are evil and inhuman in their thoughts and behaviour, and are beyond help. And I agree why waste time and money on such people ? But how about someone such as myself who did 3 sentences, but turned his life around and have never returned to the prison system, and when I look back I see a completely different person.
We don't seem to know what we are trying to achieve or how to achieve it. Is our primary aim punishment or rehabilitation?

If its punishment its clearly not working. Sentences and the thought of prison aren't acting as a deterrent.

If its rehabilitation its clearly not working. Reoffending rates are all the evidence you need to see that.

BBR, what was it that made you turn things around?

bringbackrattles

We don't seem to know what we are trying to achieve or how to achieve it. Is our primary aim punishment or rehabilitation?

If its punishment its clearly not working. Sentences and the thought of prison aren't acting as a deterrent.

If its rehabilitation its clearly not working. Reoffending rates are all the evidence you need to see that.

BBR, what was it that made you turn things around?
For me it was looking at my parents on visits and what it was doing to them, having the mother of my son finishing our relationship, saying she'd had enough, and just knowing in my head if I didn't get my act together I'd be in and out for years. My problem was I drank too much and get into fights, I wouldn't back down. So in a nutshell I sought help from a psychologist, cut down on the drinking, and had more respect for people and myself. Not easy,far from it, but I wanted a life away from violence and prison,and worked hard on achieving it.

Sky Blue Pete

For me it was looking at my parents on visits and what it was doing to them, having the mother of my son finishing our relationship, saying she'd had enough, and just knowing in my head if I didn't get my act together I'd be in and out for years. My problem was I drank too much and get into fights, I wouldn't back down. So in a nutshell I sought help from a psychologist, cut down on the drinking, and had more respect for people and myself. Not easy,far from it, but I wanted a life away from violence and prison,and worked hard on achieving it.
You should.be so proud of what you’ve achieved. Inspiring

bringbackrattles

You should.be so proud of what you’ve achieved. Inspiring
Thanks for that Pete much appreciated. But I'm not proud of myself as that part of my life is nothing to be proud of. But if anything I have shown even though I've struggled at times, if you want to change you can, its not easy as some people don't like the new you, but it is possible !

Sky Blue Pete

Thanks for that Pete much appreciated. But I'm not proud of myself as that part of my life is nothing to be proud of. But if anything I have shown even though I've struggled at times, if you want to change you can, its not easy as some people don't like the new you, but it is possible !
I’m sure that’s true but to face the abyss and say I’m gonna change things takes guts many of us can but dream of

oscillatewildly

When I was inside many years ago I saw a con get almost battered to death by a group of other cons as they were told he was a rapist, but it was revealed later on as he was fighting for his life in hospital, that he wasn't a rapist, someone with a grudge spread that false rumour on the wing knowing he'd get a beating.
That has stood with me all these years as they kicked and stamped on his head and loved every kick.
But I do understand where you're coming from in this case, but when you see someone getting beaten senseless by 4or 5 blokes in front of you, you think to yourself is that right ?
It's not exactly a great human trait to wish death (and in this case one which would no doubt be very violent) upon another human being. But sometimes, just sometimes.....
I take on board what you say, rattles. But surely this specimen wouldn't be a 'victim' of mistaken identity?
I don't think I should say anymore on this subject.

wingy

If as appears he's been rewarded with a less than Maximum sentence due to simply pleading guilty then it is wrong should he get a secondary discount to that sentence .
He should serve the maximum of that term.

bringbackrattles

It's not exactly a great human trait to wish death (and in this case one which would no doubt be very violent) upon another human being. But sometimes, just sometimes.....
I take on board what you say, rattles. But surely this specimen wouldn't be a 'victim' of mistaken identity?
I don't think I should say anymore on this subject.
When I wrote on the con who took that beating he was set up and was mistakingly called a rapist. What I meant was that and should have elaborated on is that the cons that dished out the hammering, two of them were bullies who needed no excuse to batter someone, and later on we found out were both inside for mugging old people in Brum. In other words low life scumbags. They ended up being transferred to another nick for their own safety ! Scumbags beating other scumbags.

Grendel

There are some prisoners who are evil and inhuman in their thoughts and behaviour, and are beyond help. And I agree why waste time and money on such people ? But how about someone such as myself who did 3 sentences, but turned his life around and have never returned to the prison system, and when I look back I see a completely different person. I too could have been seen as a low life and beyond rehabilitation, and be one of those seen as one who deserves to have his life cut short. But I do understand people who get angry when they read or hear about monsters getting pampered etc, I too get irate. But I'm still of the opinion people can change if they really want to.

You clearly wanted to change your life and probably had enough insight and clearly motivation to do it.

I haven’t read hugely on this individual but I believe he’d been in prison and within a week is doing another criminal act. I don’t agree with the “moral code” either. The retribution will be dished out by equally unpleasant people who need to satisfy violent urges.

My views on capital punishment have always been negative but when I read the treatment Ian Brady received it was better than the average octogenarian lying on a trolley in a cancer word. In a world of diminishing resources why should we be wasting a £1 million on Peter Sutcliffe or allowing legal aid for the deranged lunatics who beheaded Ian Rigby? Has any purpose been achieved by keeping Ian Huntley and Dennis Neilson alive and well? Is it really justified that one of the killers of James Bulger had his life significantly enhanced at tax payers expense for commiting that crime?

duffer

That is not the correct charge. It should be manslaughter.

What is the sentence for manslaughter in the UK? | Lawtons

Vehicular manslaughter is the crime of causing the death of another individual due to the illegal driving of a vehicle. Causes of vehicular manslaughter include:
  1. Gross negligence
  2. Drunk driving
  3. Drug driving
  4. Reckless driving
  5. Speeding

What is the maximum sentence for manslaughter?
Depending on the severity of the offence – and if it is classified as a voluntary or involuntary act – the maximum sentence for manslaughter in the UK is life imprisonment.

I have no idea why they wouldn't apply that charge instead, but then I can't recall hearing of anyone ever being charged with it. Given the public outcry perhaps this isn't the last we'll hear of this case...

bringbackrattles

You clearly wanted to change your life and probably had enough insight and clearly motivation to do it.

I haven’t read hugely on this individual but I believe he’d been in prison and within a week is doing another criminal act. I don’t agree with the “moral code” either. The retribution will be dished out by equally unpleasant people who need to satisfy violent urges.

My views on capital punishment have always been negative but when I read the treatment Ian Brady received it was better than the average octogenarian lying on a trolley in a cancer word. In a world of diminishing resources why should we be wasting a £1 million on Peter Sutcliffe or allowing legal aid for the deranged lunatics who beheaded Ian Rigby? Has any purpose been achieved by keeping Ian Huntley and Dennis Neilson alive and well? Is it really justified that one of the killers of James Bulger had his life significantly enhanced at tax payers expense for commiting that crime?
I can't argue with any of your comments. I hate child killers and such like offenders, I had to live on wings not that far away from them,and it made my skin crawl. My late father who would visit me would have put a rope around their necks, he hated them and was angry why they were allowed to live. There should be capital punishment, but it won't come back, so the punishment should fit the crime. What that will be is the question ? But the cons who dish out retribution in prisons are almost always dodgy blokes too, and the crimes they're in for aren't just a case of nicking a few quid from a shop !

Captain Dart

Mr Panda

Truly heartbreaking to see that flash up on Twitter. The last couple of months or however long its been would have been torture for him so I can see why he did what he did...

I don't know how Brown will live with himself for tearing apart a family the way he has done.

Nick

Administrator
Truly heartbreaking to see that flash up on Twitter. The last couple of months or however long its been would have been torture for him so I can see why he did what he did...

I don't know how Brown will live with himself for tearing apart a family the way he has done.
Hopefully he won't for much longer....

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Scum like that don't have feelings. I'm not just saying that either. It's scientifically true. They are mentally incapable of caring about others. They only think of themselves. He wouldn't give two monkeys about those kiddies or their dad & family. He simply doesn't comprehend what he's done.

lifeskyblue

This is truly heartbreaking. I can’t put into words the feelings and emotions those close to the family will be experiencing. I hope all will be able to find peace in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oucho

Just seen this. Absolutely horrendous. I just feel so, so sorry for the family.

I cannot imagine what the drink driver is feeling right now. Not that I have any sympathy for him, but if he has any conscience at all then he has in effect ended his own life here too. If that was me I just couldn't function as a human knowing what I'd done.

Last edited:

Paul Anthony

Just seen this. Absolutely horrendous. I just feel so, so sorry for the family.

I cannot imagine what the alleged/suspected drink driver is feeling right now. Not that I have any sympathy for him, but if he has any conscience at all then he has in effect ended his own life here too. If that was me I just couldn't function as a human knowing what I'd done.

From what I read, during the initial court appearance he didn't give a damn. Certainly didn't behave like it. When he turned up for sentencing, then he showed a bit of emotion. Crocodile tears. I doubt he gives a damn. He's a vile creature.

tisza

Devastating news for the family. That evil bastard has destroyed a family with his evil behaviour.
Heart just goes out to the mother and the remaining kids.

bringbackrattles

Just heard this tragic news. Was it natural causes or suicide ? But as Houch wrote earlier the hit and run driver won't be affected, his mind won't be wired up to care, as a psycopath he'll be more concerned on himself. But what a sad state of affairs this has turned out to be, truly horrific.

Users who are viewing this thread