2-year old killed in hit-and-run, McDonald Road (2 Viewers)

wingy

I've just read the article and a follow up one.
No doubt a lot of this would have been on fb early on about his previous, but Christ If they'd just made him serve one week more or the whole sentence.

rob9872

That's a disgrace. Previous convictions, tried to run away, high on coke too and 9 years. Could be out in 4.5 years that's just over 2 years per child. I thought 14 year minimum tariffs could be applied to driving now so how on earth does this fucking scumbag not get the maximum? :(

Poor family must be even more heartbroken and feeling so let down by the system too.

RIP Corey and Casper

Ashdown

You just wanna give up with the courts in this country ! This prick should never have seen the light of day again. Some guys in our local rag got more last week for blowing up cash machines !

Grendel

You just wanna give up with the courts in this country ! This prick should never have seen the light of day again. Some guys in our local rag got more last week for blowing up cash machines !

He should have a rope round his neck. He’s a waste of taxpayers money

bringbackrattles

And they wonder why people sort things out by themselves. Go out tonight and rob a store and you'd get more than that sentence I bet. As the saying goes " you couldn't make it up ! "

skybluesam66

he will probably be out in 6 years
How can that be - it was no accident
the minute he got in that car high on coke, means he was driving around with a loaded gun
Should have been done for murder with 2 life sentences

Johnnythespider

Very surprised by this sentence given the news that he was 9 times over the drug drive limit, also doing twice the speed limit. You can't get more reckless than that. Is it time for a clause in the law whereby selling somebody a car without checking they are legally able to drive it brings charges of its own.

Nick

Administrator
The sentence doesn't really stack up does it?

He will get looked after inside and protected from people who will want to deal with him as well.

clint van damme

He can be out in Four and a half years. Half the sentence.

that's shocking. I knew he wasn't going to receive a sentence appropriate to the crime but that is an insult to those boys memories and to their family.

He should have a rope round his neck. He’s a waste of taxpayers money

not an advocate of the death penalty but it's hard to argue against that. What useful contribution is he ever going to make to society and there's no way he can atone for what he's done.

Paul Anthony

Outrageous. All the crap he did. High on cocaine, drunk as a lord, speeding, fleeing the scene, resisting arrest. Never passed a test to drive and already banned anyway. 2 young kids dead. All that for nine years? That's a joke. Total bull.

Grendel

that's shocking. I knew he wasn't going to receive a sentence appropriate to the crime but that is an insult to those boys memories and to their family.

not an advocate of the death penalty but it's hard to argue against that. What useful contribution is he ever going to make to society and there's no way he can atone for what he's done.

I’ve never been an advocate but what’s the point? When Ian Brady gets better health care than any war hero in the care system seriously, just execute him.

Covstu

Hopefully has a torrid time in prison, there seems to be a code inside around injury, harm to kids.

Grendel

Hopefully has a torrid time in prison, there seems to be a code inside around injury, harm to kids.

Which is just an excuse for equally unpleasant people to satisfy their own bloodlust.

duffer

As I understand it, the maximum sentence for Causing Death by Dangerous Driving is 14 years. Pleading guily gets him an automatic third off the sentence. So I think this is pretty much the maximum that the judge could impose. In this case, that's obviously nowhere near sufficient. The Govt. was looking at increasing the penalties for these types of offences to a possible life sentence, but clearly that hasn't happened yet.

I'm not part of the "hanging's too good for 'em" brigade, we're locking more people up than ever and it's getting us nowhere, imho. However the sentence has to fit the crime and it clearly doesn't in this case. I don't know if there was anything else that they could have thrown at him separately, I'd guess they'd have thought of that, but it's ridiculous that he could be out in four years or so. As a parent myself, I'd like to strangle the bastard if truth be told. Who wouldn't.

chiefdave

Thought it was low, looked up the sentencing guidelines and its at the top end. Unbelievable.
No aggravating circumstances – twelve months to two years' imprisonment
Intermediate culpability - two to four and a half years' imprisonment
Higher culpability – four and a half to seven years' imprisonment
Most serious culpability – seven to fourteen years' imprisonment
Wondered why they hadn't added on leaving the scene of an accident but that's only a maximum of 6 months, even in the case of death. Who comes up with these sentencing guidelines?

Grendel

hill83

Entirely expected.

What he did should be classed as murder. I had some c**t right up my arse round the ring road today and as far as I’m concerned it’s an attempt on my sons life.

bringbackrattles

As he killed kids he'll be classed as a vulnerable prisoner,in other words a nonce case. So he'll be on a wing with other nonces, protected from other prisoners. They are hated in prison and cons would do him over given a chance, not saying that's right, but some cons see themselves as vigilantes, and helping the families of the kids etc.

oscillatewildly

As he killed kids he'll be classed as a vulnerable prisoner,in other words a nonce case. So he'll be on a wing with other nonces, protected from other prisoners. They are hated in prison and cons would do him over given a chance, not saying that's right, but some cons see themselves as vigilantes, and helping the families of the kids etc.
In this instance it is entirely RIGHT. Hopefully this vermin won't get anywhere near the four and half years minimum. Dead man walking. (Hopefully)

bringbackrattles

In this instance it is entirely RIGHT. Hopefully this vermin won't get anywhere near the four and half years minimum. Dead man walking. (Hopefully)
When I was inside many years ago I saw a con get almost battered to death by a group of other cons as they were told he was a rapist, but it was revealed later on as he was fighting for his life in hospital, that he wasn't a rapist, someone with a grudge spread that false rumour on the wing knowing he'd get a beating.
That has stood with me all these years as they kicked and stamped on his head and loved every kick.
But I do understand where you're coming from in this case, but when you see someone getting beaten senseless by 4or 5 blokes in front of you, you think to yourself is that right ?

Captain Dart

As I understand it, the maximum sentence for Causing Death by Dangerous Driving is 14 years. Pleading guily gets him an automatic third off the sentence. So I think this is pretty much the maximum that the judge could impose. In this case, that's obviously nowhere near sufficient. The Govt. was looking at increasing the penalties for these types of offences to a possible life sentence, but clearly that hasn't happened yet.

I'm not part of the "hanging's too good for 'em" brigade, we're locking more people up than ever and it's getting us nowhere, imho. However the sentence has to fit the crime and it clearly doesn't in this case. I don't know if there was anything else that they could have thrown at him separately, I'd guess they'd have thought of that, but it's ridiculous that he could be out in four years or so. As a parent myself, I'd like to strangle the bastard if truth be told. Who wouldn't.

That is not the correct charge. It should be manslaughter.

What is the sentence for manslaughter in the UK? | Lawtons

Vehicular manslaughter is the crime of causing the death of another individual due to the illegal driving of a vehicle. Causes of vehicular manslaughter include:
  1. Gross negligence
  2. Drunk driving
  3. Drug driving
  4. Reckless driving
  5. Speeding

What is the maximum sentence for manslaughter?
Depending on the severity of the offence – and if it is classified as a voluntary or involuntary act – the maximum sentence for manslaughter in the UK is life imprisonment.

Sky Blue Pete

Thought it was low, looked up the sentencing guidelines and its at the top end. Unbelievable.

Wondered why they hadn't added on leaving the scene of an accident but that's only a maximum of 6 months, even in the case of death. Who comes up with these sentencing guidelines?
You’re a wise man. The emotional response is understandable but unhekpful. All the people who play the bogus saying they’d murder him if it was their child. Our justice system is far from perfect

Grendel

You’re a wise man. The emotional response is understandable but unhekpful. All the people who play the bogus saying they’d murder him if it was their child. Our justice system is far from perfect

My response is isn’t emotional it’s the opposite. It’s clear some people add always going to be in prison and beyond a point of release. So they take up space and are a waste of money to the taxpayer.

So just kill them. Or use them for drug experimentation instead of animals.

Users who are viewing this thread