Zero Chance (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Right. Can someone explain the “King is a hoax”/“King is Sisu in disguise” theory to me?
The coincidence of when he popped up, and the fact his registered office address is the same as SISU's (along with many other companies).

Plus I guess nobody's heard of him but then, there are many quite anonymous wealthy people / people who can put together consortiums.

Personally... I'm not at all convinced he has the resource to fund us going forwards, and I fear he'll find out how a football club is a way to make millionaires of billionaires... but that's different to it being a conspiracy.

shmmeee

The coincidence of when he popped up, and the fact his registered office address is the same as SISU's (along with many other companies).

Plus I guess nobody's heard of him but then, there are many quite anonymous wealthy people / people who can put together consortiums.

Personally... I'm not at all convinced he has the resource to fund us going forwards, and I fear he'll find out how a football club is a way to make millionaires of billionaires... but that's different to it being a conspiracy.

No I get that. I’m asking why it would happen. Who benefits and why?

shmmeee

Pressure on Ashley to either buy the club / raise his offer for the club, so SISU benefit as Ashley realises there's competition.

Prosaically, maybe Seppala's fed up of Storey ringing and emailing her, and hopes this would have made him stop!

Just all seems a little unlikely to me. And it’s just people convinced themselves it was Ashley and aren’t happy it’s not.

The Philosopher

Right. Can someone explain the “King is a hoax”/“King is Sisu in disguise” theory to me?
When King first appeared out of nowhere then many, understandably, pointed to the SISU connections.

Fast forward to now, he’s sat with Fisher and Boddy at the last match - so clearly more than a one day wonder.

King’s business portfolio, which centres around energy, is clearly doing rather well. It might be a blip in time that he is creating wealth (albeit on paper) so as I’ve said on another thread it might well be that he is taking a gamble by absorbing the SISU funds related to CCFC.

Storey claimed that King is “running around trying to raise the funds”. No idea if this is true (who knows when it comes to Gimli) but it might be that he’s trying to bring other parties into co-investing in CCFC. Pure speculation but King might be a better / more secure / investable prospect than SISU due to recent performances in the Hedge fund world.

So, the King “Hoax” theory started early with the “who why where - oh Mayfair - oh Coleman - oh it’s SISU in disguise” to meeting with Robins and sitting with Tim and Dave.

It looks more plausible than Gimli’s claims to me.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If Storey told me the sky was blue id look up. I’m not sure why anyone is taking him seriously.

Our fans do sometimes have a habit of getting behind some interesting characters at times.

I remember when there was a crusade to make Brinner the mouthpiece for the supporters.

robbiekeane

No I get that. I’m asking why it would happen. Who benefits and why?
I thought it could be a move to have SISU protect the 15% they obviously want to keep in the club on the off chance we make the promised land. They probably know Ashley wouldn’t fancy that, so made the divide now, and they want the fans to think that there’s a new owner in town (they know they’re hated).

I also thought it might be a poor PR attempt to get the fans on board with the £25m 11th hour stadium offer. Knew they might not get a tonne of support if it’s “SISU trying to buy the stadium” but if it’s “new owner trying to buy the stadium” it might have a bit more sway.

None of us know anything about him really and it’s mostly just distrust of SISU but there is some logic/incentive there to have a new puppet

shmmeee

I thought it could be a move to have SISU protect the 15% they obviously want to keep in the club on the off chance we make the promised land. They probably know Ashley wouldn’t fancy that, so made the divide now, and they want the fans to think that there’s a new owner in town (they know they’re hated).

I also thought it might be a poor PR attempt to get the fans on board with the £25m 11th hour stadium offer. Knew they might not get a tonne of support if it’s “SISU trying to buy the stadium” but if it’s “new owner trying to buy the stadium” it might have a bit more sway.

None of us know anything about him really and it’s mostly just distrust of SISU but there is some logic/incentive there to have a new puppet

None of this makes sense to me. When have Sisu given a shiny shite about being liked?

Far more likely is my theory Storey was a busted flush and they didn’t have the money to bid before the court date so turned to someone who was interested and could complete quickly. What’s Kings angle in this?

People think Sisu are some master strategists with everyone on strings but I’ve seen no evidence of that the last 15 years.

robbiekeane

None of this makes sense to me. When have Sisu given a shiny shite about being liked?

Far more likely is my theory Storey was a busted flush and they didn’t have the money to bid before the court date so turned to someone who was interested and could complete quickly. What’s Kings angle in this?

People think Sisu are some master strategists with everyone on strings but I’ve seen no evidence of that the last 15 years.
Hardly master strategists if no one really believes a word they say anymore (including this white knight buyer).

Since when did they care - since they thought they might need public opinion on their side to get any sort of traction on their 11th hour bid for the stadium.

Kings angle - dunno, same as any of the frontmen from the past…cash?

Don’t you think it’s weird that the guy has no evidence online of his net worth and no real evidence that he even had any affinity with the club? Or do you think he’s in it for a quick buck (genuine question).

I have no idea if he’s genuine or not. Time will tell I guess

shmmeee

Hardly master strategists if no one really believes a word they say anymore (including this white knight buyer).

Since when did they care - since they thought they might need public opinion on their side to get any sort of traction on their 11th hour bid for the stadium.

Kings angle - dunno, same as any of the frontmen from the past…cash?

Don’t you think it’s weird that the guy has no evidence online of his net worth and no real evidence that he even had any affinity with the club? Or do you think he’s in it for a quick buck (genuine question).

I have no idea if he’s genuine or not. Time will tell I guess

I think we should at least let him get his feet under the table. January is next month and will tell us a lot.

And he’s got significantly more evidence of wealth than Storey.

robbiekeane

I think we should at least let him get his feet under the table. January is next month and will tell us a lot.

And he’s got significantly more evidence of wealth than Storey.
Agreed. Proof will be in the pudding in January. By the way not expecting him to spend millions would just be happy with not selling any of the big players and getting a new solid centre back or two and a WB in

Users who are viewing this thread