Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

It’s a shame it’s ended this way…

I admit this season to feeling a sense of desperation that ive never felt before

Not trying to turn this around into some sort of emotional dribble but its the truth

My dads entering his 70s and my kids are getting older and i have this desperate need to see us all watch city in the top flight again before its too late

That's exactly how I have been for most of the season. I turned 71 a week ago and I have this feeling of dread that, if we don't go up this time, I may never again see us in the Premier League.

The last three games have cheered me up though 😊 We're back to looking like we're going up.

excited american horror story GIF
 
Yeh my dad passed age 70 and missed this by a year or 2 very sadly. My son is still very young so he won't actually get it yet, hopefully we're still half decent when he's a bit older and more interested.
 
Yea lampard has turned the poor form around .. football fans get emotional sometimes , we are all glad he has

There were some people who had a total head loss, but the majority were just concerned we had blown such a lead. That's very fair in my opinion. The good news is we seem to have turned that corner and started putting a run together at the most important time.

Something needed to change, and he changed it. The biggest part of it for me is players like Latibeaudiere, who have come in with such a level of aggression that we look competitive even when things aren't going for us. Onyeka another player who has settled in the team instantly.
 
There were some people who had a total head loss, but the majority were just concerned we had blown such a lead. That's very fair in my opinion. The good news is we seem to have turned that corner and started putting a run together at the most important time.

Something needed to change, and he changed it. The biggest part of it for me is players like Latibeaudiere, who have come in with such a level of aggression that we look competitive even when things aren't going for us. Onyeka another player who has settled in the team instantly.
There was a fantastic crunching tackle Lati put on COH on the touchline last night. After a period of being under pressure. Real momentum shifter.
 
truth is its been a succesful decade

Hasn't it just?

In just a few years we have gone from the dark days of being in administration, League 2, not playing in Coventry and fearing for our very existence to where we are now: owing our own ground, 30,000 plus attendances, playing attractive football under a good manager, having a good owner and knocking on the door of the Premiership. I honestly think I might cry - with joy - if we go up.

I'd better buy the Kleenex.

Paul Rudd Omg GIF by Mike Hitt


😊
 
Wilder said it right though, we had a poor January away results instead of over the course of the season as a whole where it wouldn't of looked as bad. We're stronger now and not leaving gaping holes at the back
 
He didn't score for months. Do you really think that shouldn't be discussed? Because that's mental.

I've said repeatedly, I don't agree with the vitriol, but he deserved criticism

I think Rudoni rediscovering some of his form helps Wright - he looks far better with him linking up
 
Interesting how some fans were ready to hang the manager after the Oxford draw, predicting the end of our season and mocking anyone who stayed calm. Funny how three wins in a row suddenly make all that doom-and-gloom vanish. Best to enjoy the ride rather than keyboard panicking like a petulant child every time the ball doesn’t bounce our way.
 
I think Rudoni rediscovering some of his form helps Wright - he looks far better with him linking up
Rudoni rediscovering something close to last seasons form has been a huge lift. Hopefully he stays fit and doesn't have any more issues.
 
I think Rudoni rediscovering some of his form helps Wright - he looks far better with him linking up

I think Wilder thought it as well.
As much as he wasn't great first half they were all over him every time he received the ball.
 
Interesting how some fans were ready to hang the manager after the Oxford draw, predicting the end of our season and mocking anyone who stayed calm. Funny how three wins in a row suddenly make all that doom-and-gloom vanish. Best to enjoy the ride rather than keyboard panicking like a petulant child every time the ball doesn’t bounce our way.
That's right there, at that point we were still top as well! This league is brutal with teams capable of beating each other but the keyboard warriors will never go away unfortunately. Lets enjoy the ride and take each game as it comes (y)
 
Interesting how some fans were ready to hang the manager after the Oxford draw, predicting the end of our season and mocking anyone who stayed calm. Funny how three wins in a row suddenly make all that doom-and-gloom vanish. Best to enjoy the ride rather than keyboard panicking like a petulant child every time the ball doesn’t bounce our way.
ChrisPBacon :LOL: excellent username. For anyone who doesn't know..

 
Wilder said it right though, we had a poor January away results instead of over the course of the season as a whole where it wouldn't of looked as bad. We're stronger now and not leaving gaping holes at the back
He’s clearly got a lot of respect for us and Lampard.
 
We've lost 6 games all season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 FUCKING GAMES hahahahahahahahahahahaha
 
Interesting how some fans were ready to hang the manager after the Oxford draw, predicting the end of our season and mocking anyone who stayed calm. Funny how three wins in a row suddenly make all that doom-and-gloom vanish. Best to enjoy the ride rather than keyboard panicking like a petulant child every time the ball doesn’t bounce our way.

It wasn’t just the Oxford result though, was it?

We were very poor - especially away from home - from the end of November until mid-February and we lost our huge points lead.

Whilst calling for Lampard’s head was in my opinion a huge overreaction, a lot of fans were rightly concerned at our inability to hold onto a lead and the obvious loss of confidence by the players.

Players coming back from injury and illness and a good January window means we seem to have turned the corner again and these three wins will surely have done wonders for the confidence levels in the squad.

I’m sure there will be more twists and turns along the way but I think we are back to being favourites for one of the two automatic places.

😊
 
Last edited:
All just a bit of gentle jibing at the end of the day, we're all friends (sort of) and even some of the biggest shit wafflers on here have redeeming qualities, with a couple of exceptions. Seriously though, just accept Lampard is great and stop fighting it, you'll all be much happier.
Name names! 😃
 
He didn't score for months. Do you really think that shouldn't be discussed? Because that's mental.

I've said repeatedly, I don't agree with the vitriol, but he deserved criticism

Criticism is one thing but what he didn't warrant was a long thread on here entitled 'Haji Shite', particularly given the vagaries of his form and commitment were likely to be crucial to any upturn in fortunes for the team. I suspect that his muted response around that time to our fans wasn't only connected to his poor form, but also to the likelihood that he was made aware of those insults. While people can pretty much post what they want as far as I'm concerned, I do think it was shameful that the insulting thread title aimed at our own player remained unaltered (and still does).

This isn't aimed specifically at you by the way, as I know you didn't make up that thread title ;)
 
Last edited:
Criticism is one thing but what he didn't warrant was a long thread on here entitled 'Haji Shite', particularly given the vagaries of his form and commitment were likely to be crucial to any upturn in fortunes for the team. I suspect that his muted response around that time to our fans wasn't only connected to his poor form, but also to the likelihood that he was made aware of those insults. While people can pretty much post what they want as far as I'm concerned, I do think it was shameful that the insulting thread title aimed at our own player remained unaltered (and still does).

This isn't aimed specifically at you by the way, as I know you didn't make up that thread title ;)

I agree about the thread title. And those of us who didn't agree with it really shouldn't have kept posting on it and bumping it
 
Name and shame! I want (virtual) violence.

View attachment 49459
Nah honestly, even most of the terminally wrong are generally sound or at least contribute to forum traffic :LOL: I don't want to send out a Bat Signal to any forum bores, i'm feeling quite chirpy today.
 
Nah honestly, even most of the terminally wrong are generally sound or at least contribute to forum traffic :LOL: I don't want to send out a Bat Signal to any forum bores, i'm feeling quite chirpy today.
Im assuming I fall into the terminally right, and generally sound category?
 
Nah honestly, even most of the terminally wrong are generally sound or at least contribute to forum traffic :LOL: I don't want to send out a Bat Signal to any forum bores, i'm feeling quite chirpy today.
Too late,oh and go lay an egg, especially at.Easter .🤭
 
Yeah. I sort of get it. It's just not me, so I have never quite got my head around it. I think having a beer can make people more emotional and reactionary too can't it

I remember that once I sat next to a bloke who had a ST, for two seasons. Didn't know him, but he used to sit there emotionless for the entire match every time

Never clapped, never cheered , even when we scored. He would just sit in his seat. Wouldn't budge, didn't even smile

Just sat for the entire 90 mins, with zero reaction to anything

Very odd
didn't realise you sat with @Grendel haha
 
Nah honestly, even most of the terminally wrong are generally sound or at least contribute to forum traffic :LOL: I don't want to send out a Bat Signal to any forum bores, i'm feeling quite chirpy today.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom