TomRad85
Highfield Road Hero
- Joined
- Apr 30, 2018
- Messages
- 21,340
- Reaction score
- 37,786
I do think this thread, especially the title of it, could be an all timer if/when we get promoted.It’s a shame it’s ended this way
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I do think this thread, especially the title of it, could be an all timer if/when we get promoted.It’s a shame it’s ended this way
Along with Haji Shite, that thread seems to have disappeared along with the poster fortunatelyI do think this thread, especially the title of it, could be an all timer if/when we get promoted.
Definitely.I do think this thread, especially the title of it, could be an all timer if/when we get promoted.
You may have a point.Today showed that we won’t make it in the autos race.
This is not even a melodramatic post. The players don’t have the mentality, fight, passion to do this. Been evident for months.
If this is how they want to perform at home then there’s no chance for the rest of the season.
How on earth will these bunch of players be up for a battle with Boro?
Lampard you’re to blame as well as you’ve persisted with some nonsense tactics, formations even when we started the downward spiral. Don’t use injuries and fatigue as an excuse. You should have tightened us up over the last few months.
If you can’t beat Oxford who are awful at home in a promotion run in you don’t deserve anything. We don’t have any away form.
Too many so called big players picking up a wage for little return. No urgency, passion, creativity… nothing.
We won’t be going up through the autos and we haven’t a hells chance in winning any play off battles.
It’s a shame as this is the once in the blue moon chance to get out of this league. But it’s ending in a worrying style.
Let’s see, have faith. Keep us updated.We have to win 9/10 games out of 15 now. It’s impossible for us for autos.
The original post had 28 reactions! Some laughing but those that liked it hang your head in shame.
At least promotion will mean a little less to the fans that turned on the side. Not that they won't enjoy it. But not as much as the real fans![]()
![]()
I know you do and that's why I'm trying hard not to fully go in on you. I know u love cov and want us to get promoted.Fans are allowed to be emotional. I like many others at the time were seeing all that great work at the start of the season evaporating week on week. Really happy we have turned this around. It’s fine margins either way but all the heartache of being relegated from the prem and never did I think it would be decades till we could potentially get back. It’s being in the cusp that makes a lot of fans that extra bit nervous. We all want this badly.
I know you do and that's why I'm trying hard not to fully go in on you. I know u love cov and want us to get promoted.
But emotion isn't an excuse to declare the season over and the players as not having bottle to see it through.
You went too far and you probably admit it I hope rather than stand by it
We have all made daft posts, even sometimes our cousins have lol.I know you do and that's why I'm trying hard not to fully go in on you. I know u love cov and want us to get promoted.
But emotion isn't an excuse to declare the season over and the players as not having bottle to see it through.
You went too far and you probably admit it I hope rather than stand by it
Any daft post is my cousin's. That's the whole pointWe have all made daft posts, even sometimes our cousins have lol.
Just checked, phew…The original post had over 30 reactions! Some laughing but those that liked it(26) hang your head in shame.
At least promotion will mean a little less to the fans that turned on the side. Not that they won't enjoy it. But not as much as the real fans![]()
![]()
He turned it aroundIts not over yet , but lampard isnt showing any signs of being able to turn our poor form around
What did I tell you @clint van damme ?Not quite the same as they didn't have a massive lead but Ipswich 23/24 had been 2nd since September, dropped to 4th on 3rd February after 1 win in 9. I remember it being a 4-way battle between them, Leicester, Leeds and Southampton.
View attachment 49112
Just went back to that date on their forum (why yes I am unemployed atm, how could you tell?) and it's eerily similar to on here - threads called "Forget a bad run of form, this is a concerning now", "Good-bye top two, nice knowing you", accusations of bed-wetting, people looking for the positives and being called delusional.
It's happened before and has now happened to us but it's not over. Plenty of twists and turns to come. It might not look like we can string a few wins together but I bet it didn't to them either.


Hopefully we match their 18 points from the last 9!What did I tell you @clint van damme ?
Interesting how similar it's been to that Ipswich run. Their dodgy patch was a bit shorter but both of us have gone on to win 6 in a row
Ipswich
View attachment 49858
Cov
View attachment 49857
Currently on 10 wins from 14We have to win 9/10 games out of 15 now. It’s impossible for us for autos.
Tbf that’s an incredible run. Not sure many would have predicted that (although it’s well over what was needed in the end)Currently on 10 wins from 14
It is a bit worrying in the context of what apoplectic responses we might be getting next season.Some hilarious posts on here considering the lowest we fell to was 2nd, 1 point off top.
Now there's optimism for you!It is a bit worrying in the context of what apoplectic responses we might be getting next season.
Hopefully we’ll all manage to be a bit more measured.
It’s pretty obvious what will happen and it’ll be the same old posters.It is a bit worrying in the context of what apoplectic responses we might be getting next season.
Hopefully we’ll all manage to be a bit more measured.
Nah, surely not.It’s pretty obvious what will happen and it’ll be the same old posters.
Don't forget there were people booing when we were still top and drew with Oxford, it's going to be a real battle next season whichever team we put out and it's going to need us fans to stick with them whatever the results.Some hilarious posts on here considering the lowest we fell to was 2nd, 1 point off top.
And it was just the effect of Sheaf leaving apparently.Don't forget there were people booing when we were still top and drew with Oxford, it's going to be a real battle next season whichever team we put out and it's going to need us fans to stick with them whatever the results.
lolIt is a bit worrying in the context of what apoplectic responses we might be getting next season.
Hopefully we’ll all manage to be a bit more measured.