Zero Chance (1 Viewer)

edgy

"Asked if he’s been reassured that Gyokeres won’t be sold in January, Robins, who was also named Manager of the Month today, said: “Um, it’s a good question. I haven’t asked for any reassurances but I am just saying there’s absolutely zero chance that he will be sold in January.”

Bold statement.

edgy

Robins is clever with his words. He hasnt asked for re-assurances. But he's clearly had some.

Briles

Defo an indirect ultimatum. Nice.

edgy

I dont read this as an ultimatum at all. Nothing in his language to suspect it.

If it was, his words would've been something along the lines of " I won't be selling him " or the usual "he's not going anywhere unless a ridiculous offer comes in"

He's catagorically ruled out a sale and for him to do so, means he knows.

The Philosopher

I dont read this as an ultimatum at all. Nothing in his language to suspect it.

If it was, his words would've been something along the lines of " I won't be selling him " or the usual "he's not going anywhere unless a ridiculous offer comes in"

He's catagorically ruled out a sale and for him to do so, means he knows.

Mark Robins has a very particular demeanour.

Upon learning that his dad was a senior old school Copper it kind of fits in. Mark has got that kind of demeanour IMO.

Is it just me that sees that?

Greggs

Mark Robins has a very particular demeanour.

Upon learning that his dad was a senior old school Copper it kind of fits in. Mark has got that kind of demeanour IMO.

Is it just me that sees that?
Yep.

SkyBlueScottie

Vik has also said he isnt going to move for the sake of moving, he is happy, playing and scoring. He doesnt want to move and sit on the bench.

skyblu3sk

I have never heard him be so clear on any potential transfer. I wonder if a mix of takeover with the owner saying dont need to sell to invest and potentially a new contract for Vik being affordable at a good level could be on the cards.

The Philosopher

Vik has also said he isnt going to move for the sake of moving, he is happy, playing and scoring. He doesnt want to move and sit on the bench.
With our wage bill as it is do you think Gyok has had a decent rise?

Should DK stick a huge promotion bonus contract offer in front of the players as his first move?

shmmeee

Should DK stick a huge promotion bonus contract offer in front of the players as his first move?

He’s still on the contract he signed when he signed for us so unless it was loaded with performance and yearly increases probably not that bad.

The Philosopher

I’m actually concerned that by saying “there is absolutely zero chance of Gyokores is being sold in January” means that we’ve accepted a million or two as a pre-contract exclusivity because he’s going in the summer.

“Zero chance” is pretty definite. If someone bid 50m (I know) then unless he’s already summer-sold you cannot say “zero chance”.

shmmeee

I’m actually concerned that by saying “there is absolutely zero chance of Gyokores is being sold in January” means that we’ve accepted a million or two as a pre-contract exclusivity because he’s going in the summer.

“Zero chance” is pretty definite. If someone bid 50m (I know) then unless he’s already summer-sold you cannot say “zero chance”.

Id be amazed if he stayed in the summer unless we go up or he has a stinker of a second half of the season.

clint van damme

I think that's the case, though that makes him a city player for 6 months longer than I expected

Brighton Sky Blue

We don't really know what our financial position will be on e the takeover goes through.

Anyway, doubt we'll have to turn down £20m offers as there won't be any.
vincent kompany dancing GIF by BT Sport

Sick Boy

Unless we get promoted, we'll have next to no chance of keeping him in the summer, especially if he hasn't signed a new contract.

Reactions: AOM

sotvtoday

DK (who hasn't yet been approved as an owner has he?) will be doing fuck all in January. It's a hoax! I'll run naked around Broadgate (whatever happens).

shmmeee

Right. Can someone explain the “King is a hoax”/“King is Sisu in disguise” theory to me?

Users who are viewing this thread