Kelly 6
Hamer 6 got to score
James 6
Ohare 6
Biamou 4

Dacosta 4
Pask 5
Walker 6
About right thought Sheaf did well, hamer, ohare both look in need of a rest and James, Kelly wouldn't have started both.

SBAndy

Fair enough although Dacosta frightens me defensively.

Agree Sheaf did look much better than many starters.

This is a mentality thing (not a criticism of you, by the way) that we should be relying on our wing backs’ defensive ability. If the rest of the setup is right, there is nothing wrong with Dacosta’s defensive ability. In a back 4, this of course is not the case and he’d be rather disastrous. But he’s been brought in as a backup wing back.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I can't give anyone more than a 5 today.

Some players barely get that. Don't think the subs did anything worth of credit either.

I just didn't see much fight at all, and that includes the signals and actions from the bench. I've probably been a bit doom and gloom for a while on here, but it is for a reason. I really do hope we can get ourselves out of it.

stevefloyd

Why are the drama queens shouting for Max to never play again when it was Hamer who wasted the best chance of the whole game.
Did you notice Biamou standing watching Hamer miss that chance....at the very least you would think Biamou would be busting a gut to get on the end of any chances in the box.....hmmmm nah nor me...I liked Max but he is fucking garbage at this level

Skyblue_CP

Did you notice Biamou standing watching Hamer miss that chance....at the very least you would think Biamou would be busting a gut to get on the end of any chances in the box.....hmmmm nah nor me...I liked Max but he is fucking garbage at this level
Seriously? 😂 your blaming Max watching a player miss a shot from 12 yards when nothing but a shot was incoming and was frankly an embarrasing effort. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Grendel

Seriously? 😂 your blaming Max watching a player miss a shot from 12 yards when nothing but a shot was incoming and was frankly an embarrasing effort. Unbelievable.

No he’s blaming the worst number 9 in the clubs history over a reasonable number of games for having zero instinct as a striker and the so sadly desperate state we are in that people like you believe it’s acceptable he can continue in that role

Skyblue_CP

No he’s blaming the worst number 9 in the clubs history over a reasonable number of games for having zero instinct as a striker and the so sadly desperate state we are in that people like you believe it’s acceptable he can continue in that role
You honestly think hes the worst no 9 in our history? Again, time and time again you prove you know very little if anything about football.

stupot07

Think you need to look again, he's is the furthest man forward and in the box 'busting a gut' and attacking the front post.
ec84baa88f9d0fda2fdc9aa15225cb7e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

You honestly think hes the worst no 9 in our history? Again, time and time again you prove you know very little if anything about football.

Out of interest, given he said “over a period of time”, who is worse? I personally *think* he’s the worst player we’ve had who’s played 100 games for the club, but that’s a sweeping statement and there may be someone I’m not thinking of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

I said over a reasonable number of games. Say 50 - name one whose been worse - then we can have a poll on it

Hertsccfc

There have been so many worse number 9s in our history. There are two in the squad at the moment for starters.

stevefloyd

Think you need to look again, he's is the furthest man forward and in the box 'busting a gut' and attacking the front post.
ec84baa88f9d0fda2fdc9aa15225cb7e.jpg

It was the wrong instance, I was a bit pissed when I watched it but I actually meant when O'Hare went through and not the Hamer chance...oops

stupot07

It was the wrong instance, I was a bit pissed when I watched it but I actually meant when O'Hare went through and not the Hamer chance...oops
I still think you're wrong. Biamou is the one that plays the flick to o'Hare to put him through. In the middle hamer is driving into the box, Biamou who has his back arches his run and is wide open for the pull back.

4e61df0e3bc46639f9843943fd28f928.jpg
a04cf378c76024228d8b26241d9066b4.jpg
445bb5816cb0db5c788dc9a8955e1f30.jpg

stevefloyd

I still think you're wrong. Biamou is the one that plays the flick to o'Hare to put him through. In the middle hamer is driving into the box, Biamou who has his back arches his run and is wide open for the pull back.

I know he made the pass to O'Hare but instead of seriously hunting for a return pass he ambled, probably pleased with himself having done something decent, instead of really going for the return

Grendel

Tudgay
Platt
Simpson
Bakayoko

To name a few

Your judgment through nostalgia is mind boggling.

Simpson played a a winger mostly and all of them were better - he ended his career with nearly 100 goals

Tudgay was at the tail end of a highly successful career and in his final season a struggling club - he’s scored more league goals than biamou in less games

Bakayoko has a better record and is a better player

Clive Platt spent his career here as a championship player having scored far far more than biamou in the lower levels and he was signed like Tudgay in his 30’s

stupot07

Simpson played a a winger mostly and all of them were better - he ended his career with nearly 100 goals

Tudgay was at the tail end of a highly successful career and in his final season a struggling club - he’s scored more league goals than biamou in less games

Bakayoko has a better record and is a better player

Clive Platt spent his career here as a championship player having scored far far more than biamou in the lower levels and he was signed like Tudgay in his 30’s

Bakayoko may have more natural ability but he is not a better player than Biamou.

mark82

I know he made the pass to O'Hare but instead of seriously hunting for a return pass he ambled, probably pleased with himself having done something decent, instead of really going for the return

So a player has to just run full pelt to do the right thing. Noted.

mark82

Some of the stuff picked out as example of Biamou doing wrong is ludicrous. You aren't going to find me arguing he belongs at this level but some of the stuff spouted on here is ridiculous. He missed a good chance and a half chance (badly) yesterday. Should've done better with both.

When Walker and Godden were on we had very little going forward. Shows why Biamou starts. We need to get some fitness into them over the next couple of weeks as we don't have enough goals in the team without at least one of them.

D

Deleted member 11652

Some of the stuff picked out as example of Biamou doing wrong is ludicrous. You aren't going to find me arguing he belongs at this level but some of the stuff spouted on here is ridiculous. He missed a good chance and a half chance (badly) yesterday. Should've done better with both.

When Walker and Godden were on we had very little going forward. Shows why Biamou starts. We need to get some fitness into them over the next couple of weeks as we don't have enough goals in the team without at least one of them.

Walker and Godden were on for 10 minutes. We’d already lost the midfield by that stage. If Biamou’s chances fall to either of them we win the game.

And I know your response will be Walker wouldn’t have made the chance. Well given that their defender air kicked it and all Biamou had to do was run into empty space, I’m sure Walker would have managed it

Evo1883

Biamou spunked 5 or 6 good chances in the last 2 games, not even hitting the target or testing the keeper... and is one of the main reasons we picked up just 1 point against Wycombe and Luton

That's all that matters tbh

Grendel

Biamou spunked 5 or 6 good chances in the last 2 games, not even hitting the target or testing the keeper... and is one of the main reasons we picked up just 1 point against Wycombe and Luton

Correct

D

Deleted member 11652

I love when the Cult pull out diagrams with lines on to show why Biamou wasn’t to blame.

Maybe they can draw a line pointing to the goal to show him what he’s supposed to aim at.

stevefloyd

He needs balls playing in front of him because if he has to try and control it invariably it goes straight to the opposition because his first touch is fucking attrocious

stupot07

He only 'spunked' one chance against Wycombe, the one on his left foot. He was unlucky with a good finish that hit the post with his first, and the third chance was going in but well blocked

Yesterday, only his first chance was a good chance, poor touch out his feet but hit the target and made stockdale make a save. Had our keeper saved it we would be raving about it. The second chance was only a half chance bouncing ball on his swinger.

Hamers miss was worse.

Evo1883

I love when the Cult pull out diagrams with lines on to show why Biamou wasn’t to blame.

Maybe they can draw a line pointing to the goal to show him what he’s supposed to aim at.

Like most cults... They are wrong
He only 'spunked' one chance against Wycombe, the one on his left foot. He was unlucky with a good finish that hit the post with his first, and the third chance was going in but well blocked

Yesterday, only his first chance was a good chance, poor touch out his feet but hit the target and made stockdale make a save. Had our keeper saved it we would be raving about it. The second chance was only a half chance bouncing ball on his swinger.

Hamers miss was worse.

Lol, unreal

stevefloyd

Hamers miss was worse.

The thing that got me with Biamou yesterday was that when he was bearing down on goal he should have placed the ball to the left but instead he ran to his own right and limited the places where he had a clear sight of goal, that was just terrible from a 'pro' striker

Users who are viewing this thread