Will we stay up ? (4 Viewers)

Will we stay up ?

• Yes

Votes: 156 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 24.6%

• Total voters

Grendel

So your solution is for us to be as financially careless as these other clubs and potentially completely fuck ourselves if we went down anyway? Worked well for Portsmouth, Blackpool etc. etc.

How do you think we will cope if we do go down financially?

Johhny Blue

All the teams "down there" are there for a reason, form over the last 3 or 4 games isn't going to keep anyone up or relegate
We're clearly not a mid-table side yet, but i am sure over the course of a season there are 3 worst teams than us (which is all i care about), I'll be much more confident if we are still outside the bottom 3 in 3 weeks time once this horrendous run is over.
It’s not a horrendous run yet

Bugsy

How do you think we will cope if we do go down financially?

Uh oh u woke up Grendel 🤣

I think we will be stable as we're living within our budget and think start of the season we had to be prepared just incase....PUSB

Grendel

Uh oh u woke up Grendel 🤣

I think we will be stable as we're living within our budget and think start of the season we had to be prepared just incase....PUSB

Really?

We haven’t lived with in our budget in the last 3 years before the promotion season and emergency loans of cash have had to be injected to keep the club trading

There is no doubt we will have lost a significant amount of money in the promotion season and more this season

There will be a £4-£5 million loss of revenue on relegation - we have never lived in our budget

cc84cov

So your solution is for us to be as financially careless as these other clubs and potentially completely fuck ourselves if we went down anyway? Worked well for Portsmouth, Blackpool etc. etc.
If we go down we will lose a hell of a lot in tv Monet etc never mind the amount of players that will go

Bugsy

Really?

We haven’t lived with in our budget in the last 3 years before the promotion season and emergency loans of cash have had to be injected to keep the club trading

There is no doubt we will have lost a significant amount of money in the promotion season and more this season

There will be a £4-£5 million loss of revenue on relegation - we have never lived in our budget

Your right in the fact that we're going to be losing a good amount of revenue and I know we're going to be on a loss as per the current climate, like alot of clubs by the end of the season. I just think we will be better prepared for the worst case scenario this time round as where we wasn't before as u mentioned.

cc84cov

Your right in the fact that we're going to be losing a good amount of revenue and I know we're going to be on a loss as per the current climate, like alot of clubs by the end of the season. I just think we will be better prepared for the worst case scenario this time round as where we wasn't before as u mentioned.
Going down will be a financial disaster we will lose all the top players/earners also

Grendel

How given we have no fixed assert we have lost money every year we have a wage bill that’s totally unsustainable on relegation and an owner whose strategy has zero interest in the club?

Bugsy

Going down will be a financial disaster we will lose all the top players/earners also

Not for a fee or for certain, Hull manage to retain a good chunk of their squad

cc84cov

How given we have no fixed assert we have lost money every year we have a wage bill that’s totally unsustainable on relegation and an owner whose strategy has zero interest in the club?
If we go down they will all be saying the same thing “why did we not use the January transfer window correct” drafting in Reid and Tavares for development from the budget is strange

Brighton Sky Blue

If we go down they will all be saying the same thing “why did we not use the January transfer window correct” drafting in Reid and Tavares for development from the budget is strange

They cost peanuts compared to the amount G was willing to drop on the anonymous ‘next Ollie Watkins’. The best Birmingham could find for £2 million was Cosgrave who has scored 3 SPL goals this season. Would you have gone for him, for example?

cc84cov

Not for a fee or for certain, Hull manage to retain a good chunk of their squad
Let me assure you 90% of that team will be gone on relegation do you think we will be paying O’Hare close to 10k a week in league one ? Or walker on a reported £7.5k ?

Bugsy

Obviously we will have to sell the assests we have i.e the players but we just have to accommodate what we have got also the wage bill is high but not as sustainable high

edit just my opinion I think we would of thought about the worst case

cc84cov

They cost peanuts compared to the amount G was willing to drop on the anonymous ‘next Ollie Watkins’. The best Birmingham could find for £2 million was Cosgrave who has scored 3 SPL goals this season. Would you have gone for him, for example?
They won’t need him Scott hogan will probably keep them up

shmmeee

Really?

So what’s the problem? We exist as the behest of our owner not as a going concern, as we always have.

shmmeee

Yeah...for now

I mean the Earth is only spinning and the sun only shining for now. Have the patience to withstand the things you cannot change. If the club is threatened then we will fire up the marches and the donation buckets, until then not worth worrying about. We can’t change it, we’ve proven that pretty conclusively over the last decade.

cc84cov

I mean the Earth is only spinning and the sun only shining for now. Have the patience to withstand the things you cannot change. If the club is threatened then we will fire up the marches and the donation buckets, until then not worth worrying about. We can’t change it, we’ve proven that pretty conclusively over the last decade.
Let’s see where we end up I Hope we can do it...agreed stressing over it won’t help 3 points Saturday will keep me calm for a few day 🤣🙏🏼🙏🏼

shmmeee

Let’s see where we end up I Hope we can do it...agreed stressing over it won’t help 3 points Saturday will keep me calm for a few day 🤣🙏🏼🙏🏼

Im pretty sanguine about relegation. I always felt we went up a bit early and weren’t set up to compete so if we stay up it’s one hell of an achievement. Equally, if we go down and retain most of the back room staff I’d have us odds on to get promoted again, and there’s worse things than doing it properly over a whole season and hopefully in Cov.

That said, I’ve seen enough of us to say we won’t go down. We’re a decent side who has lost all their attacking players for most of the season. We’ll pick up enough points to survive.

Grendel

Do you think if we stay up we should just offer biamou Bakayoko Godden and walker contracts for life as there are no other alternatives?

Brighton Sky Blue

Do you think if we stay up we should just offer biamou Bakayoko Godden and walker contracts for life as there are no other alternatives?

Obviously not, but we will have a renewed budget and likely fees coming in for Hamer. Let’s suppose we spent £3 mill in this window and got relegated, what then?

Grendel

D

Deleted member 11652

7 of the 8, he didnt play against Barnsley at the beginning of the season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Only 1 with Giles at lwb? I see Rotherham have noticed his defensive frailties already

Users who are viewing this thread