Will we stay up ? (4 Viewers)

Will we stay up ?

• Yes

Votes: 156 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 24.6%

• Total voters

Bristol sky blue

Worrying that QPR's form has picked up. I thought they'd be one of the 3 to drop. However, Brum have been in shocking form and their fans are genuinely worried (having said that, they actually played well yesterday despite losing).

Think things will look bleaker for us over the next month but that Walker will score the goals which keep us up... just. Looks like Robins wants to shut up shop as much as possible and for us to nick goals on the break largely through O'Hare and Hamer's energy.

Any team from Huddersfield downwards isn't safe though.

shmmeee

It’s the fact how well we play mate and don’t win games the lack of goals has to worry everyone

Watford have scored 7 away all season, and their striker force is worth about £100m or something. It could be worse than our reserve strikers from L1 not smashing them in.

Otis

Yes I really think this is a concern. I struggle to see how we won’t be in the bottom 3 by the end of the month though the concept is heavily ridiculed on here. So much so you will likely be challenged to a charity bet at some point. Now as you say it’s not the end of the world and on paper as the fixtures become more winnable it should balance itself out. However my concern is that getting into a position where we are needing to get out of the bottom 3 could be dicey given the inability to put games to bed and a distinct lack of firepower. Dropping these points whilst it just cuts down the buffer is one thing but dropping them when chasing down a deficit will be disastrous
Macca, it is being ridiculed because people are saying we ARE going to be in the bottom 3. Like it is set in stone. There doesn't seem to be an ounce of doubt with some. It WILL happen. It's rightly ridiculed.

Sick Boy

Once Walker is back hopefully we’ll pick up a bit more, we’re currently playing with a striker who was back-up in league 1 - not sure what others are expecting at the moment.

cc84cov

Once Walker is back hopefully we’ll pick up a bit more, we’re currently playing with a striker who was back-up in league 1 - not sure what others are expecting at the moment.
Didn’t we just sign a Swedish international from a premier league team ?

Strange he’s not playing over this back up league 1injured striker ? Or did we not get it right in the window ?

Otis

Didn’t we just sign a Swedish international from a premier league team ?

Strange he’s not playing over this back up league 1injured striker ? Or did we not get it right in the window ?
Robins said Gyokeres was tired. Not sure what part of that you don't get? He hadn't been playing that much football at Swansea. And as for Biamou, it is obviously manageable. Otherwise he wouldn't be playing.

shmmeee

I’d like to see Györkeres and Walker against Cardiff I think.

Something like

Maroši
Rose Østigård Hyam
Dacosta Hamer James McCallum
O’Hare
Walker Györkeres

Actually looks like quite a threatening team. Could easily be 352,3421 or 343 with the same personnel. And Max can get back to being chucked on with ten mins to go for a worldie.

donald_trumps

I think the key thing in terms of our survival is that we are likely to get some really good quality players back in the next month or so and also we’ve learnt some huge lessons about our squad such as Da Costa is a great player and our backup goalkeeper is much better than we thought. Because we had a summer break unlike other championship teams hopefully our freshness will stand us in good stead for that time of year as well as the freshness of these players have been out injured who will return. It is also worth bearing in mind that as we have seen season after season Mark Robins’ teams build throughout the season and always finish strong.

How many teams would have the strength at right wing back we have (choosing between Dabo and Da Costa when both fit).

TomRad85

I’d like to see Györkeres and Walker against Cardiff I think.

Something like

Maroši
Rose Østigård Hyam
Dacosta Hamer James McCallum
O’Hare
Walker Györkeres

Actually looks like quite a threatening team. Could easily be 352,3421 or 343 with the same personnel. And Max can get back to being chucked on with ten mins to go for a worldie.
I like this. I think its the best we can put out atm.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Miss Giles and that outlet he gave us early season

What outlet?
He was part of the defence that was conceding regularly early on.
He didn't do much when he got pushed further forward.
I don't get the why people rate him so highly.

D

Deleted member 11652

What outlet?
He was part of the defence that was conceding regularly early on.
He didn't do much when he got pushed further forward.
I don't get the why people rate him so highly.

It was a symptom of being on the bench. Players stocks can rise in absence. We won’t miss him

shepardo01

If we get 1 point from the next four games, which is a distinct possibility, it is highly likely we'll be in the bottom three.

There will be so much more pressure to catch up with whoever may be above us at that point.

We have struggled to score goals all season, we have a young and inexperienced side, the next four games "could" be the undoing of our season. Especially if we lose to Cardiff.

I don't think it will be pleasant watching.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we get 1 point from the next four games, which is a distinct possibility, it is highly likely we'll be in the bottom three.

There will be so much more pressure to catch up with whoever may be above us at that point.

We have struggled to score goals all season, we have a young and inexperienced side, the next four games "could" be the undoing of our season. Especially if we lose to Cardiff.

I don't think it will be pleasant watching.

Well we need to stand up and be counted. Nobody will do it for us

cc84cov

Yes, but this is a worry with such a young, inexperienced and misfiring side.
The side isn’t misfiring the strikers he’s brought in are at this level anyway...Godden is injury prone our hopes are Tyler walker keeps us in the division

shepardo01

The side isn’t misfiring the strikers he’s brought in are at this level anyway...Godden is injury prone our hopes are Tyler walker keeps us in the division
Only the last 8 words in your post make sense, and yes, let's hope so.
How can you say that the side is not misfiring??? (Think that is what you were trying to say in your sentence - honestly don't quite understand)

cc84cov

Only the last 8 words in your post make sense, and yes, let's hope so.
How can you say that the side is not misfiring??? (Think that is what you were trying to say in your sentence - honestly don't quite understand)
Did you listen to Crowley yesterday ? He also said that’s it’s a good number 9 away from being a good side...a good striker wins us the games against Brum and Forest and Watford

clint van damme

Did you listen to Crowley yesterday ? He also said that’s it’s a good number 9 away from being a good side...a good striker wins us the games against Brum and Forest and Watford

The 6 or 7 teams who have scored less than us are probably saying the same thing but unfortunately for us and them we can't afford an Ivan Toney

lordy_87

Yes, I agree, however our most prolific scorer Godden is injured and new signing who has been prolific in league one and two is also injured. We've been unfortunate. You can't seriously expect us to have 3+ strikers on that level.

shepardo01

Yep.... i did... we haven't got one...going back to your post, did you mean to say our forwards AREN'T at this level?

Love your optimism.

Walker did "ok".... and yes, I'd love him to keep us up with a few goals... how long is it going to take him to get up to speed... have we got that long?.... how will confidence be after the next four games?

Realistically, we are in a relegation battle, and realistically more than like likely to be further into one come the end of the month.

Not picking up points, by not scoring goals when we have created chances and been on top in games has been a massive problem....

Users who are viewing this thread