Will we stay up ? (1 Viewer)

Will we stay up ?

• Yes

Votes: 156 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 24.6%

• Total voters

Ccfcisparks

The cup final ? He took control of the actual 1 game the final ? League 2 we Should of pissed and last season we got handed it with very important games to go
That is absolute bollocks and you know it. He's been questionable this year but Robins did extremely well particularly last year in getting us to the top with our budget, and we would have stayed there if the seasons played out.
Ā 

cc84cov

That is absolute bollocks and you know it. He's been questionable this year but Robins did extremely well particularly last year in getting us to the top with our budget, and we would have stayed there if the seasons played out.
Good chance but Iā€™m saying we still had very important games to play who knows what could of happened,he canā€™t be credited for that cup final game tho itā€™s madness he literally took the final šŸ¤£
Ā 

Ccfcisparks

Good chance but Iā€™m saying we still had very important games to play who knows what could of happened,he canā€™t be credited for that cup final game tho itā€™s madness he literally took the final šŸ¤£
League 2 he took a shattered team and did the job for us. Not sure how you can discredit him on those seasons.
Ā 

TomRad85

Up until a couple of weeks ago I was pretty confident, but we've been so poor these last few games. Depends on a few things for me..

1. Will our heads still be just about above water after this tough run of games?
2. If we do drop into the bottom 3, how will it affect confidence?
3. Will Robins stop playing this fucking useless formation?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Ā 

TomRad85

Good chance but Iā€™m saying we still had very important games to play who knows what could of happened,he canā€™t be credited for that cup final game tho itā€™s madness he literally took the final
No way would Slade have won that final. Listen I think he's really bollocksed things up recently, something I'm hoping he puts right asap... but you can't knock the job he's done the previous 3/4 seasons.

Ā 

Ccfcisparks

No way would Slade have won that final. Listen I think he's really bollocksed things up recently, something I'm hoping he puts right asap... but you can't knock the job he's done the previous 3/4 seasons.

He will though because he isn't rational. He can't appreciate Robins efforts the last few seasons without recognising that this season he hasn't been good enough thus far.
Ā 

cc84cov

He will though because he isn't rational. He can't appreciate Robins efforts the last few seasons without recognising that this season he hasn't been good enough thus far.
Fair point but letā€™s see what he does going forward his formation last season is flawed at this level will he change it ? Or will it stay as 1 up front
Ā 

Hobo

It was always going to be a scramble to safety season. We are still in a position to survive but it will be tough (no different to when the season started). There are probably 8 or 9 teams that can be dragged into it.
Ā 

SleepyGinger

Just caught on this thread, fucking laughable some of the comments after drawing to Watford and losing to 2 very decent and inform teams in Cardiff and Norwich. Wycombe Rotherham and Wednesday to go down. Think weā€™ll be quite comfortable.
Ā 

kg82

The comment about pissing league 2 is laughable. As if football is that logical. Before he came back to us, we had been on a continuous downward trajectory for near enough 20 years. We hadnā€™t finished in the top 6 of any league since the 70ā€™s (and yeah, much of that was in the top flight, but a pretty big chunk was still in lower leagues). Weā€™ve played badly in a few games, been outplayed in a few games and then itā€™s ā€œAcTuAlLy, RoBiNs HaS bEeN lUcKyā€... mind-boggling.
Ā 

Sky Blue Harry H

Why Blues may well go down......from their forum re: their home form

01.02.20 Blues 2 - 1 Notts Forest
12.09.20 Blues 1 - 0 Brentford
28.10.20 Blues 2 - 1 Huddersfield (The last time we scored more than 1 in a game at St Andrews)

Let that sink in 417 days...3 wins 5 goals :oops:
Ā 

cc84cov

Why Blues may well go down......from their forum re: their home form

01.02.20 Blues 2 - 1 Notts Forest
12.09.20 Blues 1 - 0 Brentford
28.10.20 Blues 2 - 1 Huddersfield (The last time we scored more than 1 in a game at St Andrews)

Let that sink in 417 days...3 wins 5 goals :oops:
The pitch looked awful last night prob Blame us if we stayed up and they went down
Ā 

Colin Steins Smile

The cup final ? He took control of the actual 1 game the final ? League 2 we Should of pissed and last season we got handed it with very important games to go
Rubbish - compare the team MR took over when we got relegated to L2 to last seasons team. He had to work within the same financial structure and yet managed to redevelop the team with the recruitment of Doyle, Kelly, McNulty, etc... Compare and contrast! It was obvious that due to the major changes in playing staff the team would take time to settle and our results improved through the season.

First season in L1 he redeveloped the team and with the recruitment of AV, which was a great decision developed a different playing style and the results built through the year. Second season with a budget that shouldn't have seen us win L1...he managed it. We had beaten all of our rivals except Rotherham, who we drew with on the home fixture, so there was hardly any fluke about that.

This season was always going to be a struggle, but we have a chance of staying up despite playing again at StA and potentially the second lowest budget in the league.
Ā 

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The comment about pissing league 2 is laughable. As if football is that logical. Before he came back to us, we had been on a continuous downward trajectory for near enough 20 years. We hadnā€™t finished in the top 6 of any league since the 70ā€™s (and yeah, much of that was in the top flight, but a pretty big chunk was still in lower leagues). Weā€™ve played badly in a few games, been outplayed in a few games and then itā€™s ā€œAcTuAlLy, RoBiNs HaS bEeN lUcKyā€... mind-boggling.
I dont agree on league one or the checkatrade but heā€™s right - we made a right pigs ear of league two. We should have gone up quite comfortably.

however the remit was to get us up, he did so, and we got a laugh in Nottingham.
Ā 

kg82

I dont agree on league one or the checkatrade but heā€™s right - we made a right pigs ear of league two. We should have gone up quite comfortably.

however the remit was to get us up, he did so, and we got a laugh in Nottingham.
Thatā€™s not how it works though, is it. When we got relegated from the PL we thought weā€™d bounce straight back. When we got relegated from the championship, we thought weā€™d bounce right back. Look at Sunderland, look at Ipswich. L2 was the first time weā€™ve done something we were ā€œmeantā€ to... but in all honesty, my expectations were, itā€™s Cov, weā€™ll stay in this league for a few years and then finally go down to the NL. It was ingrained in the mentality surrounding the club. That was the hardest thing to change... and he did it.
Ā 

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Thatā€™s not how it works though, is it. When we got relegated from the PL we thought weā€™d bounce straight back. When we got relegated from the championship, we thought weā€™d bounce right back. Look at Sunderland, look at Ipswich. L2 was the first time weā€™ve done something we were ā€œmeantā€ to... but in all honesty, my expectations were, itā€™s Cov, weā€™ll stay in this league for a few years and then finally go down to the NL. It was ingrained in the mentality surrounding the club. That was the hardest thing to change... and he did it.
I know thatā€™s not how it works. It was a travesty we played in league two.

Robins had a reasonable budget that year, not many league two sides would have picked up the players we did.

McNulty hadnā€™t dropped that low, Grimmer had played well for Shrewsbury in league one, Kelly was a big signing for Leyton Orient and Doyle had just been let go by Portsmouth, and they wanted to keep him,

Even Willis and JCH were higher pedigree players for that level.

we were miles behind Wycombe and Accrington.It might be that I became a fan in the premier league era. But we shouldnā€™t have
Been at that level.
Ā 

kg82

I know thatā€™s not how it works. It was a travesty we played in league two.

Robins had a reasonable budget that year, not many league two sides would have picked up the players we did.

McNulty hadnā€™t dropped that low, Grimmer had played well for Shrewsbury in league one, Kelly was a big signing for Leyton Orient and Doyle had just been let go by Portsmouth, and they wanted to keep him,

Even Willis and JCH were higher pedigree players for that level.

we were miles behind Wycombe and Accrington.It might be that I became a fan in the premier league era. But we shouldnā€™t have
Been at that level.
Agreed, we shouldnā€™t have been at that level. That wasnā€™t Robinsā€™ fault though.
Like I said, it doesnā€™t work like that, especially with us. We spent Ā£5million on Lee Hughes in 2001, it didnā€™t work. Sunderland spent Ā£4million on Will Grigg in L1! That didnā€™t work! Even Guardiola didnā€™t win the PL with Man City in his first season, despite spending a fortune!
Iā€™m just thankful he turned us around, no matter what it took to get up. Honestly, I thought weā€™d be in the conference by now.
Ā 

SkyBlueMatt

I'll admit I was starting to lose a bit of faith up until the Brentford result. Performances against Forest & Watford showed we can do it, we had the chances. I think Hyam had a hat-trick of chances in one of those games. Walker is going to be a huge factor if we stay up.

Good and bad runs happens to all teams, Rotherham had a great run of 13 points from 6 games, now they've lost 4 on the bounce and still below us. We're still 5 points clear and have been on a terrible run of form.

6 wins, thats all thats needed!
Ā 

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Agreed, we shouldnā€™t have been at that level. That wasnā€™t Robinsā€™ fault though.
Like I said, it doesnā€™t work like that, especially with us. We spent Ā£5million on Lee Hughes in 2001, it didnā€™t work. Sunderland spent Ā£4million on Will Grigg in L1! That didnā€™t work! Even Guardiola didnā€™t win the PL with Man City in his first season, despite spending a fortune!
Iā€™m just thankful he turned us around, no matter what it took to get up. Honestly, I thought weā€™d be in the conference by now.
No the league one season wasnā€™t Robins fault, and weā€™ve been brilliant since heā€™s returned. We got promoted from League two which was the objective. Just felt we made a meal out of it.

the thought of the national league crossed my mind, but Iā€™m of the opinion you have a bottoming out level, and I was always convinced league two was that.

Sunderland have been a disaster, but I think theyā€™ll come up sooner rather than later. Ipswich remind me of us... theyā€™re stagnating as a club and they may need a similar reboot to us. The premier league is a whole different level of crazy
Ā 

Travs

I'll admit I was starting to lose a bit of faith up until the Brentford result. Performances against Forest & Watford showed we can do it, we had the chances. I think Hyam had a hat-trick of chances in one of those games. Walker is going to be a huge factor if we stay up.

Good and bad runs happens to all teams, Rotherham had a great run of 13 points from 6 games, now they've lost 4 on the bounce and still below us. We're still 5 points clear and have been on a terrible run of form.

6 wins, thats all thats needed!

Even the Brentford result was based on very small margins... The penalty could easily (and probably should) have been saved... and then who knows, but i suspect without that good fortune it's reasonable to assume we may well have got no more than a point out of that game.

Small margins dictate so much of the game... i remember in our first season down out the Premier League, we were at home to Norwich and a win would have but us quite comfortably clear in the automatic promotion places, with most pundits already claiming that we were a cut above the rest of the division. It was that wonder-goal from Richie Partridge if i remember correctly... then Norwich fluked a deflected equaliser, i think in the final minutes, it seemed to deflate the entire season, and it was all downhill from there... i still maintain that had we won that match we'd have kicked on and gone straight back up.

Which makes a mockery out of people crying their eyes out after a couple of losses... it only takes a bit of good (or bad) fortune to change everybody's outlook.... as shown last weekend.
Ā 

Users who are viewing this thread