Will we stay up ? (1 Viewer)

Will we stay up ?

• Yes

Votes: 156 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 24.6%

• Total voters

shepardo01

Teams around us are doing it away at the top 10, there is no reason why we cannot get a few surprise results. If we just fecking take our chances that is
But we haven't been "taking our chances " all season, this is the problem...

Otis

I am worried that we think Walker will be the messiah. The games he has played for us he’s been hit or miss. A lot of pressure on him to be the saviour.
Who thinks he is the Messiah?

He is just a natural goalscorer where the likes of Baka and Biamou aren't.

He has much more of a goalscorers instinct than the pair I have just mentioned.

Don't think anyone has said he is the Messiah.

Speedies_Chips

Who thinks he is the Messiah?

He is just a natural goalscorer where the likes of Baka and Biamou aren't.

He has much more of a goalscorers instinct than the pair I have just mentioned.

Don't think anyone has said he is the Messiah.
Is he the Messiah, or is he just a naughty boy?

Reactions: Bez

Frostie

I am worried that we think Walker will be the messiah. The games he has played for us he’s been hit or miss. A lot of pressure on him to be the saviour.

This is a very good point.
Normally with a new signing you expect they need time to bed in, particularly with a forward in our type of system. Due to his injuries & Covid, Walker hasn't really had a consistent run & there's going to be an awful lot of pressure on him.

I'm certain he'll come good & of course hope he hits the ground running, just hope some of our more pessimistic/reactionary fans give him the time he needs before writing him off as they do with so many others.

CanadianCCFC

The improved form of derby and Rotherham is concerning. Forest beating us twice is awful but they’re not out of the woods, and neither are Huddersfield. I also think we have a slightly better chance than Birmingham.

If I had to predict a bottom 3, I’d say Wycombe, Wednesday, Birmingham. Setting aside my bias and considering our forward situation, I’d probably have to put us fourth from bottom but very little separates us and Derby, Rotherham, Forest, and Huddersfield.

Johhny Blue

The improved form of derby and Rotherham is concerning. Forest beating us twice is awful but they’re not out of the woods, and neither are Huddersfield. I also think we have a slightly better chance than Birmingham.

If I had to predict a bottom 3, I’d say Wycombe, Wednesday, Birmingham. Setting aside my bias and considering our forward situation, I’d probably have to put us fourth from bottom but very little separates us and Derby, Rotherham, Forest, and Huddersfield.
14 th I tell ya

ccfcricoh

All the teams "down there" are there for a reason, form over the last 3 or 4 games isn't going to keep anyone up or relegate anyone.

We've gone from leaking goals (which was apparently going to relegate us) to not scoring (which is apparently going to relegate us) all without spending a single day in the relegation zone.

We're clearly not a mid-table side yet, but i am sure over the course of a season there are 3 worst teams than us (which is all i care about), I'll be much more confident if we are still outside the bottom 3 in 3 weeks time once this horrendous run is over.

cc84cov

Robins seems to think he will do the job as we didn’t bring in proven in the window

cc84cov

Which proven striker do you think we could've realistically signed?
I don’t know It’s not my paid Job I also don’t have a team of Scouts around Europe looking...

But with a window everyone seems to have improved around us baring 1 or 2 find it just find it the cost of relegation will be greater than throwing a bit of doe at a player who can come in and give us the goals we’ve needed all season...just like Forest done with Murray

KenilworthSkyBlue

I don’t know It’s not my paid Job I also don’t have a team of Scouts around Europe looking...

But with a window everyone seems to have improved around us baring 1 or 2 find it just find it the cost of relegation will be greater than throwing a bit of doe at a player who can come in and give us the goals we’ve needed all season...just like Forest done with Murray

The budget is the budget and Robins - as does the club - has to adhere to that. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant as those are the facts.

Why are you surprised that clubs whose wage bill dwarfs ours are able to bring in such players, even in this current climate? That just proves your expectations for the January window were wildly unrealistic.

cc84cov

The budget is the budget and Robins - as does the club - has to adhere to that. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant as those are the facts.

Why are you surprised that clubs whose wage bill dwarfs ours are able to bring in such players, even in this current climate? That just proves your expectations for the January window were wildly unrealistic.
I appreciate you not wrong a essay back to me 😁

Relegation costs will be wayyyy higher than a striker in January £3m in tv Alone I believe

Otis

I don't see how a rabbit's foot would help any.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I appreciate you not wrong a essay back to me 😁

Relegation costs will be wayyyy higher than a striker in January £3m in tv Alone I believe

Appreciate you not wrong? It's probably a good job I didn't write an essay isn't it.

This is why your point is ridiculous. We don't have the capital to invest in a proven striker. Regardless of what's on the line you simply can't spend money that you don't have.

cc84cov

Appreciate you not wrong? It's probably a good job I didn't write an essay isn't it.

This is why your point is ridiculous. We don't have the capital to invest in a proven striker. Regardless of what's on the line you simply can't spend money that you don't have.
Ok when we go down we can’t be moaning then can we that we didn’t get one in like Forest for example to pull away...let’s hope walker does the business

Brighton Sky Blue

Ok when we go down we can’t be moaning then can we that we didn’t get one in like Forest for example to pull away...let’s hope walker does the business

Why not go full stupid and argue why don’t we try to match Norwich’s spending this window

KenilworthSkyBlue

If you actually took the time appropriately assess the quality of Forest's squad, you'd realise they should never be in and around the bottom half of the table and given the talent they have at their disposal it was always likely that they were going to pull away.

Equally, and I'll say again because as per usual you're purposely ignoring posts to suit your narrative, Forest's ability to bring in players of a higher quality inevitably exceeds ours quite significantly. To put it in perspective two seasons ago they paid nearly £15m for Joao Carvalho. So, why are you positioning us against them in the transfer market? As BSB said by that logic you might as well argue why didn't we match Norwich's transfer spend.

SeaSeeEffCee

Yeah, clubs spending loads of money they don't have to try and stave off relegation has historically gone very well.

cc84cov

If you actually took the time appropriately assess the quality of Forest's squad, you'd realise they should never be in and around the bottom half of the table and given the talent they have at their disposal it was always likely that they were going to pull away.

Equally, and I'll say again because as per usual you're purposely ignoring posts to suit your narrative, Forest's ability to bring in players of a higher quality inevitably exceeds ours quite significantly. To put it in perspective two seasons ago they paid nearly £15m for Joao Carvalho. So, why are you positioning us against them in the transfer market? As BSB said by that logic you might as well argue why didn't we match Norwich's transfer spend.
Let’s see end of season I don’t see us getting the goals to stay up would love to be proved wrong but I feel we will go with Wycombe and Wednesday

Liquid Gold

I think Rotherham will end up right down there if not relegated. They are on a good run but runs don't last forever. We went 9 unbeaten and will have another good run before the end.

Otis

I think Rotherham will end up right down there if not relegated. They are on a good run but runs don't last forever. We went 9 unbeaten and will have another good run before the end.
Yes. It's very blinkered to look at form now and just believe that form will carry on unabated.

Form comes and goes. I would not at all be surprised to see Rotherham go on another bad run.

Users who are viewing this thread