Will we stay up ? (3 Viewers)

Will we stay up ?

• Yes

Votes: 156 75.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 24.6%

• Total voters

AFCCOVENTRY

At the moment you can say Wycombe are probably out of it. But then SW only need a couple of wins and back in it. This is a fight till the last game of the season.

The one team to keep an eye on is Huddersfield. They are in free fall.

D

Deleted member 2477

If we dont find a way of putting the ball in the net it doesnt matter how well we pass the ball and play. If the best we can hope for is a 0-0 and a point then we will go down as third from bottom

cc84cov

If we dont find a way of putting the ball in the net it doesnt matter how well we pass the ball and play. If the best we can hope for is a 0-0 and a point then we will go down as third from bottom
I’ve got us 3rd bottom I’m fucked off we haven’t addressed goals in the window one way or another

SeaSeeEffCee

No team has scored less goals than us since the win at Wycombe. 6 in 11 for us, next nearest is Blues who have 7 in 11.

cc84cov

We signed a striker, I'm not sure what else you expected us to do?
He’s now behind max who’s injured that’s my issue mark said he needed a rest according to robins I guarantee max starts ahead of Gyo again next sat

SeaSeeEffCee

I don’t think you can really have to much of a go at Robins over the January window. We’ve already got 4 strikers at the club and we brought in another one on loan. We’re not in a position where we can afford to make stop-gap signings to tie us over while players are out injured, except for on-loan, which we have done. Even shifting someone like Bakayoko probably wouldn’t have freed up the level of funding to we need.

It’s possible for us to be not have enough going forward without it being anyone’s fault, I doubt many promoted teams go into the season with Champion quality reserve strikers, we’ve just got very unlucky that both our main strikers have picked up significant injuries.

The only mild criticism that you could put on the club is that Godden has the same injury he had last season, and given the nature of the injury itself it sounds like it was always likely it was going to reoccur and maybe we should have prepared for that better in the summer, but yeah, injury luck has been rough.

Chip Batch

50:50 either way I think. It’s ok to say we’ve played well in this game and that, and if we’d scored etc, but when it comes down to it, we haven’t. We’re over halfway through the season and can’t keep saying the goals will come. It’s hard to see where from at the moment. Lack of goals is a massive problem and any team that can’t score will be down or very close to it.

Godden still seems a way off being back but hopefully Walker will be back sooner rather than later. We’re desperate for a proper centre forward at the moment and the return of a few others if possible.

Other teams are picking up wins, but we’re not doing it and are getting sucked down.

The positives: Da Costa looks a good solution if he stays fit while Dabo is injured. Though the sooner he’s back the better. We don’t tend to get hammered and concede too many. James has settled in really well. O’Hare’s passing and end product has got better the last few games. Hamer generally.

Hopefully we can finish 4th from bottom and it will be a good season. I said the same before it started. Lack of goal scoring aside, we’ve held our own better than I thought we would in most games. Very unlucky to have our two main strikers injured for so long. That would hurt any team.

Sky Blue Harry H

what i have just looked at regarding the fixture list is that the last 5 games we face are likely to be against opposition that have nothing/little to play for. Millwall last game (unless they are fighting against the drop), Huddersfield, Barnsley, Stoke and Preston. By that stage of the season, those with little to play for will hopefully be either on the beach, or players with niggles will be rested and fringe players being used. Not relying on that, but nice to face mid table teams unlikely to be busting a gut.

Liquid Gold

It’s really really shit at the moment. We’re chucking points away just as everyone else is picking them up but it’s the beginning of February and we should have a goal scorer back soon. There are plenty of twists to go and there will be weeks everything goes our way. We’re good enough to stay up.

cc84cov

It’s really really shit at the moment. We’re chucking points away just as everyone else is picking them up but it’s the beginning of February and we should have a goal scorer back soon. There are plenty of twists to go and there will be weeks everything goes our way. We’re good enough to stay up.
To stay up you need to score goals

Ian1779

Yes - we are more than good enough. Once we have Godden or Walker back we will start scoring more.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yes - we are more than good enough. Once we have Godden or Walker back we will start scoring more.

We need Walker to come back and stay fit. I have a feeling we may not see a fit Godden for the rest of the campaign, especially if we try and bring him back too soon. Feel sorry for him, and he would have made a huge difference to our effectiveness, up front.

cc84cov

I would rather of had Gnanduillet than Gyo that’s just me I know some on here disagree it’s a matter of opinions but that lad is 6’4 and can lead a line well

Johhny Blue

I would rather of had Gnanduillet than Gyo that’s just me I know some on here disagree it’s a matter of opinions but that lad is 6’4 and can lead a line well
Your problem is you’d rather have anyone that we ain’t got.

Martin180

We didnt win today but the difference today and the start of the season against the top sides was night and day to me . We outplayed , granted without winning , a promotion side .
If you had said to me at the start of the season come January we would be comfortably outside the bottom three then I would take it
The side as in previous seasons is growing and gaining confidence , we will be Ok

AFCCOVENTRY

We didnt win today but the difference today and the start of the season against the top sides was night and day to me . We outplayed , granted without winning , a promotion side .
If you had said to me at the start of the season come January we would be comfortably outside the bottom three then I would take it
The side as in previous seasons is growing and gaining confidence , we will be Ok

We were shell shocked at the start of the season against teams. However, I can’t agree we are comfortably outside the bottom 3. We are 3 points outside it with every team with games in hand on us bar Birmingham. There’s a very high chance in the next few weeks we will be in the bottom 3 for a period. Not saying we will finish in the bottom 3. Hopefully the return of Walker will help.

Macca

We were shell shocked at the start of the season against teams. However, I can’t agree we are comfortably outside the bottom 3. We are 3 points outside it with every team with games in hand on us bar Birmingham. There’s a very high chance in the next few weeks we will be in the bottom 3 for a period. Not saying we will finish in the bottom 3. Hopefully the return of Walker will help.

Yes I really think this is a concern. I struggle to see how we won’t be in the bottom 3 by the end of the month though the concept is heavily ridiculed on here. So much so you will likely be challenged to a charity bet at some point. Now as you say it’s not the end of the world and on paper as the fixtures become more winnable it should balance itself out. However my concern is that getting into a position where we are needing to get out of the bottom 3 could be dicey given the inability to put games to bed and a distinct lack of firepower. Dropping these points whilst it just cuts down the buffer is one thing but dropping them when chasing down a deficit will be disastrous

AFCCOVENTRY

Yes I really think this is a concern. I struggle to see how we won’t be in the bottom 3 by the end of the month though the concept is heavily ridiculed on here. So much so you will likely be challenged to a charity bet at some point. Now as you say it’s not the end of the world and on paper as the fixtures become more winnable it should balance itself out. However my concern is that getting into a position where we are needing to get out of the bottom 3 could be dicey given the inability to put games to bed and a distinct lack of firepower. Dropping these points whilst it just cuts down the buffer is one thing but dropping them when chasing down a deficit will be disastrous

Indeed. We are entering our most difficult patch of the 2nd half of the season now, and then in March there are games we have to win. Also results in recent weeks haven’t gone our way. The higher placed teams are losing to our rivals at the bottom end.

I would make sure Walker is managed so he Is all guns blazing for those games. We shouldn’t rush him back as he will need to be the goal scoring messiah (no pressure hey...). We need at least a point at Cardiff next Saturday. A one week rest should do us good and get more of the squad back from injury. Cardiff have a tough game against Rotherham on Tuesday.

mrtrench

Scoring goals is clearly a problem... but then conceding them has also been an issue in patches. If we turn this around, we could argue that we'd be having a fantastic season if we could score.

Our first two strikers are both injured. We could have an £100m striker but if he's in the sick room we'd be in exactly the same position. We'll be fine once one of them comes back... at least we are creating chances now to be missed. And FWIW it looks like Da Costa's crosses are better than Dabo's.

AFCCOVENTRY

C3C57C51-0DDF-422C-8639-8B99936E4572.png

Looking at the form table for the last 6 games, Rotherham, Forest, QPR and SW all doing very well. At the other end Huddersfield are in shocking form and still my pick for the dark horse to be relegated. They seem to be doing what Hull did last year.

Users who are viewing this thread