What was your first ever City game? (1 Viewer)

skyblueexile

1959 but cant remember who against was only 9

first remembered was loss v kings lynn in cup ...........................the JH

covcity4life

Bang on the money

79U1HkG.jpg

I'm sure I remember his goal from that one too

thanks for that!

yeh i actually was taught a harsh lesson for wegerles goal, as it was my first game and i was 10 i didnt know you can rise when a goal opportunity approaches so some fat ass in front of me blocked wegerles goal lol, think he slid in for it though,not sure

great days

boy i miss having good players to cheer on

Brighton Sky Blue

I got a copy of this a few years ago (from somebody on the old GMK I think) along with a few other titbits.

My first game was 1958/59 season, but I was very young and can't remember who it was or even what the score was. I was taken to a couple of games that season and I think one of them must have been the last home game when promotion from Division 4 was clinched. My clearest memories of this game are how happy everybody was and lemonade and crisps afterwards with the players who were drinking beer from bottles!

If next season goes as some think then we could be welcoming relegation to Division 4 with the players drowning their sorrows and the fans joining in ;)

hutch1972

1984 away to Southampton

We lost 8-2

from then on in, i knew CCFC were my club...

I remember getting home from work that day just in time for the videprinter to churn out the results. When the score came up it put the word eight in brackets alongside just to take the piss .

sky_blue_up_north

I can also remember going to Villa in the Cup, got the train from Foleshill Station, Lockhurst Lane. Remember it was raining and cold, but I was in the stand with my Granddad. Anyway, we were two down, he had enough and we left, then I heard a massive cheer. I said 'bet we've scored' I said, 'no chance was the reply'. He was right a 3-0 defeat. Not sure when that was.

skybluelee

At home to Arsenal at the start of the 86/87 season. Wikipedia tells me it was 26th August and we won 2-1 in front of a massive 11,182. It's all been downhill since my first season as a supporter!

Think Cyrille scored a screamer in this game??

skybluelee

Deano-do you possibly have a clip of the dive by Bergkamp in the 1999 game which got Williams sent off?

That was a disgraceful decision. I think we appealed it afterwards and they still wouldn't overturn it. There is no way it wouldn't have been overturned if it had been the other way around.

skybluelee

I remember getting home from work that day just in time for the videprinter to churn out the results. When the score came up it put the word eight in brackets alongside just to take the piss .

Wasn't that Lloyd McGrath's debut? Baptism of fire!

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Didn't really take much notice of football until I hit double figures, so for me one of the earliest was April 2004, Millwall at home. Won 4-0. Eric Deloumeaux (whatever happened to him?!), Joachim (2) and McSheffrey on the scoresheet.

skybluelee

I remember streams of us walking out at 3-0. We were just walking past the West End when Carsley got the consolation penalty-my uncle wanted to watch him take it. My dad said 'I don't wanna stay here any longer' and hauled us off.

Don't think he's had the same interest as he did before that game.

I'd started dragging my little brother along to games that season. As we started our long journey home in the car after this game he looked over at me and simply said, "Lee, I don't want to come to any more games". I know how he felt. Wisely he kept his promise but I got a ST the following year, doh!

Brighton Sky Blue

I'd started dragging my little brother along to games that season. As we started our long journey home in the car after this game he looked over at me and simply said, "Lee, I don't want to come to any more games". I know how he felt. Wisely he kept his promise but I got a ST the following year, doh!

Poor bloke-to this day my dad goes red in the face at the very mention of Richardson and that game did it. I did also see us beat Leicester at HR that year with an even rarer Bellamy goal!

Brighton Sky Blue

Didn't really take much notice of football until I hit double figures, so for me one of the earliest was April 2004, Millwall at home. Won 4-0. Eric Deloumeaux (whatever happened to him?!), Joachim (2) and McSheffrey on the scoresheet.

Millwall were bloody awful that day. One of the memorable Black games for sure.

RoboCCFC90

Firstly BSB, Top thread bud!

My first game was against Man City at HR in the first game of the 95/96 season, went with my dad and his work mate who is a Man City fan and we won 2-1, was just after my birthday :)

Senior Vick from Alicante

August 1972, 1 - 1 draw against Stoke City. Stood on the cop on a stool so I could see over the old boys who always stood at the barrier, great days with my old man. My kids go with him now, shame they have only ever seen decline but we live in hope.

Brighton Sky Blue

My first game was against Man City at HR in the first game of the 95/96 season, went with my dad and his work mate who is a Man City fan and we won 2-1, was just after my birthday :)

It is in fact Mrs BSB to thank-she has been doing project work in Dundee to understand what's behind the Tayside derby and what makes people support either team. As a result she got quite a few interviews with people about the first time they went up to a game, which got me thinking about my own and others'. City fans are easier to understand than Dundonians, needless to say ;)

sky_blue_up_north

Nice to be talking football for a change :D

singers_pore

Leicester City at home in 1978. Stood on the Kop. We won 1-0 with Nardiello (together with bandaged arm) scoring the winner. I got a programme for the game a few years back from ebay - was well chuffed.

skybluelee

Yeah, first home game of the season, midweek. Marques Isaias's home debut. Would have been a quality player if wasn't about 3 stone overweight. Didn't Telf score?

skybluelee

Talking of nostalgic games, tomorrow is the 16 year anniversary of WHL, my favourite ever memory of following City, even more so than 87.

Those last 10 minutes felt like an hour and a half. That save late on by Oggy I can still see now, it all seemed to happen in slow motion.

One of the happiest moments of my life when the final whistle blew.

Delboycov

Bristol City we won 3-1 think it was the 1st home game of the 78/79 season(?) In the West Stand with my dad and brother and as soon as we walked up the steps and I saw the stadium and the pitch I was just in absolute awe. Full house I think and I couldn't believe the atmosphere...from that moment on I was hooked. When my daughters were younger I wanted them to experience the same feeling as me...a pathetic home defeat to Gillingham probably wasn't an ideal introduction!

covhead1

1970, Cov V Everton

The game with the famous Willie Carr flick that was volleyed in by Ernie Hunt.

What a great first game to go to.....My dad scrounged a couple of tickets from the late great Ernie Machin (RIP), Ernie lived a few houses up the street from us (Norton Hill Drive, Wyken).

It was a great day we were in the sky blue stand, and had a great view of that free kick, City won 3-1.
The only downer was that sitting next to me was the person i hated most in the whole world (not my brother that i went with) but my bloody DENTIST!!!!
what are the chances of that happening????
Still WTF it was a day i'll never forget. :D

Brighton Sky Blue

1970, Cov V Everton

The game with the famous Willie Carr flick that was volleyed in by Ernie Hunt.

What a great first game to go to.....My dad scrounged a couple of tickets from the late great Ernie Machin (RIP), Ernie lived a few houses up the street from us (Norton Hill Drive, Wyken).

It was a great day we were in the sky blue stand, and had a great view of that free kick, City won 3-1.
The only downer was that sitting next to me was the person i hated most in the whole world (not my brother that i went with) but my bloody DENTIST!!!!
what are the chances of that happening????
Still WTF it was a day i'll never forget. :D

Nice story :D Football history right there!

Mucca Mad Boys

Yep, pretty sure we did. From memory 10-1 would have been a fairer result.

A truly awful game for a first match.

Set the precedent for the rest of my time as a supporter! ;)

I can't remember anything about it really, just the score (which wasn't right) and sitting in the family stand, I was really excited to go, because worryingly, I had already identified myself as a CCFC supporter for life, looking back I don't know how, I had no CCFC influences, well distant family, but seriously don't know how I ended up supporting Cov, but I don't regret it for 1 millisecond.

Samo

Around about '75, QPR at Highfield Rd.. Won 2-1 i think, evening game. Walked out under the floodlights and fell in love... It never leaves ya!

Tonylinc

A friend at school asked me to go with him and his Dad (my family were not into football at all). I went and that was it.....the buggar, it is all down to him that I'm now afflicted for life!!! Can't remember the date but it would be around 1965 and I think we won.

Users who are viewing this thread