What was your first ever City game? (3 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

In 20 years time some lad will put on here.2012-13 season my first match there was only 5,000,Burton in a cup match with a silly name,We were playing at the Ricoh arena back then.
and i lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the road.

Murphy's winning spot kick will live long in the memory I'm sure.

kg82

My first ever away match was my first match, but I don't really remember it. Next one was at Villa. Had to stand in the Holte End. It was horrible. We lost 2-0, nearly went down. Luckily we saved that for 9 years later! I always wonder what would have happened if we'd gone down then. Would we have been in a better position to bounce back straight away. Where would we be now etc etc.

torchomatic

Mine was on my seventh birthday, 28 October 1972. Home to Birmingham City.

Sick Boy

My first game was against Arsenal in 1993, when I was 9. I think we lost 2-0, with John Williams having a goal disallowed. First away games was against Spurs, we won 2-1 with Wegerle getting the winner.

Steve.B50

What ever happened to Isaac Osbourne?
I know he was released but did he ever play again, I thought he had potential

Monners

First game 1-1 draw with Derby 1974/5. Willie Carr equalised a Roger Davies opener. Derby won the league that season. Moved from Cov the following week to dreary Northamptonshire.

(Re Ginola when we beat Spurs 4-0 - dead right, best player on the pitch)

The 1st game i remember attending although I'm not sure it was the 1st game I went to was Norwich at home possibly 1977 or 78. 5-4. Seem to remember Jim Blyth being the hero that day but can't remember why, maybe saved a penalty? (I was only 6 or 7). I also remember seeing us beat Man United 3-0 at home around the same time.

Steve.B50

The Norwich 5-4 was the first game I remember, had tickets in the main stand near the away fans, but my wife (girlfriend at time) had a coin thrown at her and caught her on the head so we started to sit in the vest Stand after that. She has had a ST for over 37 years now.

rob9872

V liverpool late 70s paul dyson scoired from a bobby macdonald corner and I was hooked. I only went because I thought I was missing out as my older bro was a liverpool fan and dad took him as it was at cov. If liverpool had won that day I may never have gone back - cursed ever since!

rob9872

** at least that's how I remember it, may not have been correct

deanocity3

V liverpool late 70s paul dyson scoired from a bobby macdonald corner and I was hooked. I only went because I thought I was missing out as my older bro was a liverpool fan and dad took him as it was at cov. If liverpool had won that day I may never have gone back - cursed ever since!

http://www.11v11.com/matches/coventry-city-v-liverpool-19-january-1980-85134/

match contained 9 scottish players
and 13 english players
and Steve higheway of rep ireland was sub
no foreigners

Last edited:

rob9872

Lol thx :)

Not a foreigner in sight (unless you count all those jocks)

rob9872

Grrrrrrr beat me to it!

georgehudson

blimey, 1955 i think, i remember players, Sambrook, Kirk, Matthews, etc.,
my old man took me along,
no choice though, i'm Coventry,
not tupperware Liverpool, or Manchester,
PUSB

Stevec189

The 1st game i remember attending although I'm not sure it was the 1st game I went to was Norwich at home possibly 1977 or 78. 5-4. Seem to remember Jim Blyth being the hero that day but can't remember why, maybe saved a penalty? (I was only 6 or 7). I also remember seeing us beat Man United 3-0 at home around the same time.

A most memorable game. It was a Boxing Day game I think. Martin Peters was playing for Norwich. Ian Wallace scored with an overhead kick. At one stage both our full backs wee off the field injured and John Beck and Tommy Hutch were playing full back. Peters missed a pen. Great one off game one of the best I have ever seen. Good times. It was 50p on the cop I think maybe less? PUSB

Sba180

V spurs 27th Dec 1986, we won 4-3. What a great season to start supporting us. First away game was either midweek 0-0 at forest or 1-0 away at united. Gary bannister scored

Brighton Sky Blue

V spurs 27th Dec 1986, we won 4-3. What a great season to start supporting us. First away game was either midweek 0-0 at forest or 1-0 away at united. Gary bannister scored

Got that right-my first season ticket was 01/02-so I've only ever really seen us in the FL. I went to about half a dozen top flight games which I can remember, the last of which was that 1-3 home loss to Everton in the relegation season. Lots of desponded folk who left the ground early that day as if I remember Everton could barely field a team.

JHarding1987

1977 I think it was, we beat QPR 2-1, Ian Wallace scored & possibly Mick Ferguson to. Jim Blythe, Tommy Hutchison, Terry Yorath - what a team. For some reason I took a dislike to Bobby McDonald.

hutch1972

Apparently i went to a few in the early 70s but i can't remember a thing about them, the 1st i can fully remember was 75 when the Vile came up.
The game finished 1-1 (coop pen) but i remember it more for the Villa fans pulling chunks out of the Mercers wall and throwing them into the crows nest.

Users who are viewing this thread