Wasps reject proposal to withdraw application (1 Viewer)

eedyut

I don't agree with the CCC point, and i'm sure they are quite happy with the position they are in at the moment, but its good to know your opinion and i agree with everything else. It's good to debate without ridicule or picking up on grammar when you find someone with a difference of opinion on what we think is the root cause of our problem.

They wouldn't budge an inch when the club looked to get a better deal at the stadium to make itself more self sufficient. This is an entirely acceptable and expected course of action, to put the club at risk because of personality clashes is not. Both sides are guilty of this but the Council/Higgs hid their hand first.

Chipfat

But I thought we were against SISU because of the way they behaved around the Ricoh? Because of how they treat fans? I can't keep up, do forgive me....

You play word games, but just to help you, i agreed with you that Wasps are more ruthless and that's what makes them better at business. As for being against Sisu all parties are to blame but trust me when i post this Sisu i believe are the biggest factor to this mess and are the root causes of the problems we have today.

Hope that clears my personal opinion up for you.

letsallsingtogether

Liked, but how do you know this?
Well I have been involved in almost all actions taken and as there are only about 6 of us and they are not part of it. really.
If they attend the meetings then let their worries be known on the way it is run .Steve can resign then and leave them to do it.

Steve.B50

More than happy to contact the FA but we know from experience what sort of response we will get, they are not interested.Also the FA are keen to reduce the amount of level 1 and 2 Academy's

SkyBlueZack

Serious Question Zack was you this mad when Sisu took the club to NTFC, by the way im not trying to say you are wrong to want the world to know about our plight just interested.

I was appalled at the decision. At the time I fell for the PR and thought SISU were solely to blame. Things have come out to change my mind. Therefore I don't lay the blmae solely at SISU's door. They haven't helped, but what did we expect from them. Rightly or wrongly, I expected more of locally elected council representatives.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I am not sure it is to do with weakness, there is something more. I reckon LAST, BHSB and Steve would rock up and blow whistles at anybody given the chance which in fairness is the type of stuff we need now!
Wow a minute here, A lot of people on here didn't want anything to do with us or protests now everybody wants to protest. We have protested at everybody that we thought was harming the club here is the list Sisu,Acl,CCC,Wasps,Football League where were you all then??????? What about all the shit we got from people on here?
While I'm at it there are people on here saying that Steve is weak and all sorts about the Trust,tell you what they turn up at the next Trust meeting I and others will propose they take Steves place,after all he is only doing it because nobody else wants the grief. So where are you Sky Blue Zack? Put your money where your mouth is do it I'll even pay your membership.

SkyBlueZack

You play word games, but just to help you, i agreed with you that Wasps are more ruthless and that's what makes them better at business. As for being against Sisu all parties are to blame but trust me when i post this Sisu i believe are the biggest factor to this mess and are the root causes of the problems we have today.

I was fully aware of your opinion. You blame SISU. It comes across loud and clear. Even if it's at the detriment of the football club. Congratulations

letsallsingtogether

Yes they were moaning just last week that no one would answer their telephone calls.
Now they are doing exactly the same.
Fuck me you couldn't make it up, clowns....

eedyut

A more ruthless hedgefund is better than a less ruthless hedgefund? The fact that it seems that they are our only options is the real dilemma. This used to be a game made by the people for the people, despite the FA. Naively maybe, some of us still cling to this romance.

The former owners have as much to answer for. As someone said on another thread, MP Geoff and Bryan Richardson just have a more exclusive Brandy selection now. Derrick Robins and Jimmy Hill must be spinning in their graves. Everything they created is being obliterated. God rest their souls.

Chipfat

I was appalled at the decision. At the time I fell for the PR and thought SISU were solely to blame. Things have come out to change my mind. Therefore I don't lay the blmae solely at SISU's door. They haven't helped, but what did we expect from them. Rightly or wrongly, I expected more of locally elected council representatives.

Zack, i dont solely blame anyone involved in this, but i will never forgive TF, JS or SW for taking the club out of the city. They done this to break the lease, solely the purpose of the move, if it was a deal that they said could not be reach it was because they wanted out, they didn't seem to mind paying it until they found out the dream of prem was not there and we became a money pit. They now stand outside what could be both buildings claiming to be a victim and stating they are being pushed out?. Well, you cant push someone who has already gone, you can't trust contracts when they have already been broken and you don't win friends and influence important people by going to court with those who could help you the most.

As for the CCC didn't like them before so nothing has changed in that aspect, Wasps are just better at the game and at the minute are very much ahead of all concerned.

SkyBlueZack

If I was in charge of the trust. I would want to align it closely to the club as I believe that's how it should be. People would disagree, how could I then represent? It would be carnage.

You only have to look at how many people on here disagree with me.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I was fully aware of your opinion. You blame SISU. It comes across loud and clear. Even if it's at the detriment of the football club. Congratulations
Thats crap why do you think we've kept off the anti Sisu thing since we've been back at the Ricoh? why even during the Sixfields period were we talking to Sisu ? Why have we been talking to them since we've been back? Yes of course its we hate Sisu more than we love the City you've sussed us out . Congratulations

SkyBlueZack

Thats crap why do you think we've kept off the anti Sisu thing since we've been back at the Ricoh? why even during the Sixfields period were we talking to Sisu ? Why have we been talking to them since we've been back? Yes of course its we hate Sisu more than we love the City you've sussed us out . Congratulations

I quoted Chipfat, not yourself. So unsure as why you have put this?

eedyut

Well I have been involved in almost all actions taken and as there are only about 6 of us and they are not part of it. really.
If they attend the meetings then let their worries be known on the way it is run .Steve can resign then and leave them to do it.

I've been to quite a few of the bigger meetings and when you try to break ground on the bigger picture construction you are either shouted down or told you are dwelling in the past, then absolutely nothing comes of the ideas that are heard because they're not addresses the full facts. We are the badge and the colours, all of us, that alone should bind us into a cohesive mass, but while we squabble among ourselves our silence to the actual issue is our consent to whatever happens.

ccfcway

Further evidence...
Coventry to be in a league of its own with pioneering new rugby league programme

Coventry will soon be in a league of its own after receiving a £100,000 boost to fund a pioneering new rugby league project in the city.

Coventry Bears, based at Butts Park Arena, has been granted £99,452 by Sport England to launch Bears 5’s – a new community programme which aims to develop the game at every level by establishing five-a-side rugby league teams across the city.

The programme, which is unique to the city and the first project as part of Coventry’s seven- year strategy to become a City of Rugby, has been crafted with the aim of creating a gateway for young people who do not regularly participate in sport to experience the game and take it further.

The club’s league one team will be aiming to reach and engage with around 2,000 people as they work with local schools, youth groups and communities to deliver and coach sessions for children aged from 14 years, starting with touch rugby league for those who have never played, before leading onto full contact.

As well as targeting young people, Bears 5’s is also hoping to attract older players in the community through Bears Workplace five-a-side – aimed at over 18s looking for a social summer sport – which the club will be looking to partner with local businesses to develop.

Working in partnership with Coventry Sports Network, the club has identified three key focus areas and venues in Coventry, based on demographics, where the programme will be delivered as part of plans to establish each area as a hub of activity for rugby league.

Alan Robinson, managing director of Coventry Bears, said:

The funding boost is a landmark achievement for the club which demonstrates the demand for the game in the city.

The Bears 5’s programme will not just encourage more people to get active and participate in the game but will also establish for the first time a number of rugby league hubs in the city

Bears players are heavily involved in the programme and will be leading the delivery in the community giving participants the confidence to develop in the sport and have positive role models as their coaches.

This approach, combined with the accessibility of five-a-side teams which only require a small group of friends to play, we hope will lead to the creation of satellite rugby league clubs and junior teams all bringing together the city under the Coventry Bears umbrella.
The grant, which was secured by Coventry Sports Network and hosted by Coventry City Council as part of Sport England’s target to increase participation and develop the game among those aged 14 years plus, is one of just five to be awarded to local communities across the country.

The project is the first to get underway as part of of City of Rugby, an ambitious initiative which aims to establish Coventry as a leading city in the world for every level of the game by 2023 – rugby’s 200th anniversary.

Cllr Abdul Khan, Coventry City Council deputy leader, said:

Coventry is the only city in the Midlands to have a professional rugby league team and it is important we capitalise upon this unique position for the development of the game in the city.

This project, in line with the recently launched City of Rugby initiative and our sports strategy, will certainly develop and enhance the prestigious reputation the city holds for the sport.
Jo Drapier, community sport relationship manager at Sport England, said:

The opportunity to try a new sport for the first time is often all a person needs to catch the sporting bug.

The rugby league project in Coventry is a great way for the people of Coventry to try and engage with rugby league and have a quality sporting experience that will encourage them to stay involved.
The Bears 5’s programme follows the announcement of two mouth-watering Rugby League Internationals that will be staged at the Ricoh Arena on November 5 this year, the 4 Nations double-header will see England taking on Scotland at 5.30pm, followed by a repeat of the 2014 final when Australia face New Zealand at 8pm.

If you would like to find out more about the project or get involved please email[email protected]or visit www.cityofrugby.org.

Tickets for the 4 Nations are on sale from 22 April and start from £20. To purchase, visitwww.ricoharena.com.

hang on, isn't this a good thing for the rugby club ?, surely ccfc fans who have an issue with Wasps (me included) cant have a problem with bears getting 100k ?

Nick

Administrator
I've been to quite a few of the bigger meetings and when you try to break ground on the bigger picture construction you are either shouted down or told you are dwelling in the past, then absolutely nothing comes of the ideas that are heard because they're not addresses the full facts. We are the badge and the colours, all of us, that alone should bind us into a cohesive mass, but while we squabble among ourselves our silence to the actual issue is our consent to whatever happens.
Agree that we all have ccfc in common

chiefdave

Who are you referring to as 'we', the trust?

Chipfat

If I was in charge of the trust. I would want to align it closely to the club as I believe that's how it should be. People would disagree, how could I then represent? It would be carnage.

Its tough being a Cov fan that for sure, we have not had it easy i'm sure most on here who disagree with each other would love nothing more than standing together with all our eyes on the game with hope of a better future.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

People like me don'y disagree with you but my friend theres a lot of duplicity flying around and there has been for the last three or four years from all sides,believe me we've been led down the garden path and so has the Trust so if you don't see an immediate reaction don't always assume that nothing is going on,anyway go for it i'll vote for you.

rupert_bear

Was asked earlier why am I against sisu for a start they are not the only ones on this sorry saga, ccc up to their grubby necks in it, but don't really blame Wasps for grabbing a business opportunity, twice, but let me remind you all. re our owners apart from selling assets, players, many under value in my onion, not re-investing much of that money, 3 engineered transfer embargoes, debts, avoidable relegation, Andy Thorne, Imre Ogre, Ken Deliux, Paul somebody or other, Fisher, woeful Waggott, Northampton, failing to buy Ricoh, twice, turning chance to get share of Ricoh, farcicle search for new stadium site no new ground proposals, just 2 years left on lease, Academy being compromised, again ! Administration farce with their puppet running it, legislation farces, all in just over 8 years. Got the rent lowered though, so not all bad.

ccfcway

Was asked earlier why am I against sisu for a start they are not the only ones on this sorry saga, ccc up to their grubby necks in it, but don't really blame Wasps for grabbing a business opportunity, twice, but let me remind you all. re our owners apart from selling assets, players, many under value in my onion, not re-investing much of that money, 3 engineered transfer embargoes, debts, avoidable relegation, Andy Thorne, Imre Ogre, Ken Deliux, Paul somebody or other, Fisher, woeful Waggott, Northampton, failing to buy Ricoh, twice, turning chance to get share of Ricoh, farcicle search for new stadium site no new ground proposals, just 2 years left on lease, Academy being compromised, again ! Administration farce with their puppet running it, legislation farces, all in just over 8 years. Got the rent lowered though, so not all bad.

but apart from that...

skybluetony176

There's elections coming up to join the board I believe as some are looking to step down but no one is coming forward to takeover.

That's you and Grendull running by the sounds of it.

Last edited:

SkyBlueZack

There's elections coming up to join the board I believe as some are looking to Ste down but no one is coming forward to takeover.

That's you and Grendull running by the sounds of it.

Ok, so me and Grendel are running and we believe the first priority should be to call on calling upon CCFC fans and the Coventry public to boycott Wasps games and the Telegraph. We believe that we should be calling out the council at every opportunity. We should aim for a similar request to that of the Olympic stadium deal, so we can get facts out there. I would like to speak to CRFC and see what they were promised as part of the Ricoh deal and have they been fulfilled? Are they happy with it? I would also like to speak to Shapiro and Manhattan if possible to find out what problems they encountered and why they believe their takeover deals weren't successful.

Finally I would call upon SISU to have the trust at board meetings and for fans to be able to apply to be in on board meetings so it doesn't appear as a closed shop. In my eyes if the club is self sufficient and there is no SISU money at risk, why shouldn't a supporters trust who is doing all they can to help the club not have a say in how it's run. As after all effectively it's the supporters money being spent.

Now how many on here or the Telegraph site would agree with the first part?

Ian1779

Ok, so me and Grendel are running and we believe the first priority should be to call on calling upon CCFC fans and the Coventry public to boycott Wasps games and the Telegraph. We believe that we should be calling out the council at every opportunity. We should aim for a similar request to that of the Olympic stadium deal, so we can get facts out there. I would like to speak to CRFC and see what they were promised as part of the Ricoh deal and have they been fulfilled? Are they happy with it? I would also like to speak to Shapiro and Manhattan if possible to find out what problems they encountered and why they believe their takeover deals weren't successful.

Finally I would call upon SISU to have the trust at board meetings and for fans to be able to apply to be in on board meetings so it doesn't appear as a closed shop. In my eyes if the club is self sufficient and there is no SISU money at risk, why shouldn't a supporters trust who is doing all they can to help the club not have a say in how it's run. As after all effectively it's the supporters money being spent.

You've got my vote

letsallsingtogether

I'll second you if you like.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I'm in

Well actually the fella from Wasps says he did get a response, he was told by Chris Anderson 'NO' because it wasn't in writing!! Fuckin pathetic, they are acting like school kids when they should just be getting around a table and talk like adults!!
Not the first time "senior" officials from the club have acted like this. Remember the bid that was rejected because it wasn't on headed paper?

Users who are viewing this thread