Wasps reject proposal to withdraw application (1 Viewer)

martcov

From someone who dislikes Wasps ! ...... Bottom line is you are fucked ... No other way of putting it ..... And to all the SISU lovers and apologists .... It's down to them ! ;)

Yes, May well be. Someone mentioned 'Coventry Wasps' to me recently. Do you think that will come as part of the Rugby agenda? What would you or your friends at CRFC think of that? I think you would be overshadowed... And in the long run... As you say...'fucked'..

italiahorse

Yes, May well be. Someone mentioned 'Coventry Wasps' to me recently. Do you think that will come as part of the Rugby agenda? What would you or your friends at CRFC think of that? I think you would be overshadowed... And in the long run... As you say...'fucked'..

They won't change it to Coventry Wasps as they are after a global name. IMHO

martcov

What if.... CCC wanted to be known as a City of Sport? Wouldn't they offer some sort of Cooperation to that end - a global name for a Sports City? Coventry Wasps premier League Rugby would help.

Calista

Not sure about the fans bit. Make Wasps and their owners squirm, but Tony and Jim from London who are coming up don't really deserve to be uncomfortable.*

*Tony and Jim are generic rugby fans from London.

Nick, I think you’ll find they are called Toby and Tim ;)

Anyway I agree that this really must not turn into a war against people (wherever they come from) who are simply watching rugby matches.

But even speaking as someone who hasn’t been anti-Wasps up to now, if I decide they are complicit in destroying our Academy, I won’t be above going to the Ricoh on their match days and making my feelings known. I presume Wasps have thought about the impact that ongoing protests might have on public image, sponsorship, stadium naming rights etc.

Moff

Wasps are a global name, if you are talking about the insects.

As for the Rugby team, they aren't global just known in a small number of countries that play Rugby. I think you will find most the globe haven't got a clue who the hell they are.

italiahorse

Wasps are a global name, if you are talking about the insects.

As for the Rugby team, they aren't global just known in a small number of countries that play Rugby. I think you will find most the globe haven't got a clue who the hell they are.

I didn't say they were I said they are after a global name.

italiahorse

Yet you do it yourself constantly.

At least I try and offer solutions, as well.

It will be difficult to do that for some if people cannot get over the fact that Wasps are going nowhere.

We all know how we got here but I fail to see how continually bringing it up moves things on.

shelby76

If our club folds because of ccc and Wasps , Coventry will be known as destroyer of sport! not city of sport, that would really put Coventry on the map globaly, headlines "rugby club destroys a football club", that would be a world first, create history, it just does not make sense? Football is king simple. There has to be corruption going on backhanders and I hope it comes to light and someone investigates all involved in this bank accounts and scrutinises there personal details,and people get locked up and fucked in prison like there fucking ccfc, you know who you are...

Nick

Administrator
If our club folds because of ccc and Wasps , Coventry will be known as destroyer of sport! not city of sport, that would really put Coventry on the map globaly, headlines "rugby club destroys a football club", that would be a world first, create history, it just does not make sense? Football is king simple. There has to be corruption going on backhanders and I hope it comes to light and someone investigates all involved in this bank accounts and scrutinises there personal details,and people get locked up and fucked in prison like there fucking ccfc, you know who you are...

the thing is, there wouldn't be those headlines would there?

torchomatic

Exactly.
Most people just see a football club self destructing. Moving to Northampton did not help as that's all people seem to remember.

I thought we had to move on and forget the past?

fernandopartridge

Rugby seems to be going that way and it also seems to be driven by the RFU. wasn't there some league games played America last season? Presumably that's part of the RFU's strategy to make Rugby a global sport.

Global sport really means selling as many TV deals as possible. It has nothing to do with furthering the game of rugby. It's following the path of football, the same suits who are not interested in the fabric of the game but care only about the feel of a pound note. CUNTS.

torchomatic

The comments on the Telegraph are nothing short of breath taking now.

The amount of comments deleted, followed by abuse for being a SISU lover.

I know, pretty shocking isn't it? I'm amazed that the CT allow some of the comments to stand. Then again, it was like the Juggy article, I don't think they really care.

eedyut

The comments on the Telegraph are nothing short of breath taking now.

The amount of comments deleted, followed by abuse for being a SISU lover.

Aye, the editing on there is so blatantly biased towards supporting an agenda. What a rag, a plethora of potential stories regarding the future of the club and they go with shit like How did City's class of 14/15 fare in 15/16? Utter irresponsibility or total compliance.

Nick

Administrator
Telegraph, you've obviously mis-read the mood of your readers. Please begin a new campaign to instruct SISU to open meaningful discussions with Wasps (i.e. talk to them as Armstrong has asked, not make pathetic demands) not the other way round (it's not up to CSF or WAsps to accomodate SISU). We're fed up of SISU bully-boy one minute/bleeding heart tactics another. So put the money up to build your new super stadium & training facilities & academy base, or talk nicely to Wasps or get out of CCFC completely. Oh, and most of the City would prefer the latter. So second thought, forget the rubbish, Telegraph, and just go for optipon 3 (SISU must leave CCFC).

If you can, take off the sky blue tinted glasses and look at the cold hard facts.

Wasps are offering to buy this from CSF lock, stock and barrel.

CCFC, who have already moved the academy from the site once before and are currently stating that they are looking for a new site for the acamedy past the cureent deal of 2017, MIGHT extend this - i.e continue to RENT the site.

Now, please put yourself in CSF's shoes for one second - You have a cash offer to sell the site OR you MIGHT have a deal to continue renting the site, whilst continuing to pay for the up keep of it.

Please - tell me which side is being "obstructive or disrespectful" ?

Wait a minute, are CSF selling up?

Covstu

yep but most of them are city supporters who attended games like Gillingham and then disappeared again.

Nick

Administrator
Should look at that as a positive.
If we ever have a promotion season we will be filling the stadium every week.

It isn't a positive, it is dangerous (in the context he was talking about with misinformed people commenting so much to try and cloud what people do think).

torchomatic

I think the 'C' word is dreadful word to use in any situation.
I can't take people serious who use it.
If you don't use it real life why use it on here ?
Awful!!

Coventry? No, I understand you like words beginning with W.

italiahorse

Yeah both apply to him to be fair.

Says the person who offers no proposals for a way forward other than blame fans, especially those 'glory hunters' who only come occasionally !!!
Turn you venom on Sisu to start knocking doors rather than look out the office window waiting for the postman !!

Grendel

Says the person who offers no proposals for a way forward other than blame fans, especially those 'glory hunters' who only come occasionally !!!
Turn you venom on Sisu to start knocking doors rather than look out the office window waiting for the postman !!

No I entirely blame wasps and those drones who support them.

If there is a targeted and continuous campaign totally against them they would eventually either back down or go.

While they have cheerleaders like you CCFC has no future.

eedyut

Dangerous ?
Misinformed, unlike people on here ?
Why would the City's major press deliberately censor their comments in favour of a particular view point and not tone or insults? That is a form of misinformation so receptors of the "information and feedback" are by default misinformed. I'd imagine that website gets more hits than this one, unfortunately.

Astute

I think the 'C' word is dreadful word to use in any situation.
I can't take people serious who use it.
If you don't use it real life why use it on here ?
Awful!!
I agree. The 'C' word is not a nice one.

But look what they have done to the Wasps supporters and now what they are doing to us and our football club. They ARE a bunch of cunts.

Users who are viewing this thread