Wasps reject proposal to withdraw application (8 Viewers)

Chipfat

So maybe they should think about what happens the day sisu do leave then?

Nick, seriously do you not think that this is not already been thought of, Come on you know and i know a bigger game and a bigger plan has been set aside. They split the two knowing if they have someone lined up for the club that is a friend it will be easier to deal with than anytime under Sisu.

To be fair Nick, this has always been my point i dont like the CCC, i dont agree with Wasps, but really this is not about talks or helping the club this is about hurting Sisu knowing that the club will be still here and picked up after by someone of there choice.

Grendel

Utter rubbish , My opinion differs to yours so you throw accusations .

What was the first game you went to Sam?

Nick

Administrator
Is that all that matters then? Putting pressure on SISU? Getting one over on SISU? Bollocks to whatever damage it causes to the football club at present and in the future?

Do you not agree with Astutes comment? I would say it's hit the nail on the head.

So if Wasps are in bed with CCC to screw the club over then people just need to be fighting against them right now don't they?

SkyBlueZack

So if Wasps are in bed with CCC to screw the club over then people just need to be fighting against them right now don't they?

Yeah, but for that to happen, fans need to see past SISU being shit owners and sort out the here and now. The trust need to back the club with it's statement, they need to apply pressure to CSF and CCC. They need to speak to CA and say give us your proposals in writing and together as fans and a club we will fight this. No matter what, whatever it takes.

Astute

Each company , Council , CCFC , Wasps , Higgs , are responsible for themselves , if they are being out flanked its down to the individual concerned .

If you had ever looked on here before now you will have seen me rip into SISU. And I do the same when people look biased. And I always give my reasons.

I gave reasons why SISU are not 100% to blame. Do you agree?

Higgs are supposed to be for the people of Coventry and surrounding areas. Wasps are a London team. They always will be to me.

Wasps will have a real hard time of it soon if they keep taking over what should be for our football club. Most people not going to games ATM won't know what is going on. Wasps need to integrate to survive. I remember when we won the cup. There was pictures taken of the city centre during the game. Nobody could be seen. Then the homecoming had nearly the whole city out.

It will be too late for us. But it will not be good for Wasps either.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, seriously do you not think that this is not already been thought of, Come on you know and i know a bigger game and a bigger plan has been set aside. They split the two knowing if they have someone lined up for the club that is a friend it will be easier to deal with than anytime under Sisu.

To be fair Nick, this has always been my point i dont like the CCC, i dont agree with Wasps, but really this is not about talks or helping the club this is about hurting Sisu knowing that the club will be still here and picked up after by someone of there choice.

Surely then everybody outraged at the whole ACL thing should now be kicking off with Wasps, as it isn't a stadium management company in trouble now it is our football club.

SISU try and distress ACL and they are hated, Wasps / ACL try to distress our football and it is high fives all about.

eedyut

If the club's present is destroyed, the future will never last. We've been shafted from all angles in every orifice. Honestly, is there a curse on this once great City?

Chipfat

Is that all that matters then? Putting pressure on SISU? Getting one over on SISU? Bollocks to whatever damage it causes to the football club at present and in the future?

Do you not agree with Astutes comment? I would say it's hit the nail on the head.

I have got to the point where in my opinion about this game is already in full flow and no matter if i disagree or agree it will not stop this happening. They and i will say it again do not care about the club, as in my opinion they believe they will pick up the pieces of the club as soon as they get Sisu out.

Do i agree with the methods? No i dont, do i love the CCC No i dont do i care for any other party in this shambles, NO I don't. Do i believe i can stop what is already in place No I dont. We are as helpless as the day SISU took the club to NTFC, thats how i feel, angry, upset but getting closer to apathy more than at any other time of being a fan of this club that i have loved since a boy standing on a box in the kop.

Chipfat

Surely then everybody outraged at the whole ACL thing should now be kicking off with Wasps, as it isn't a stadium management company in trouble now it is our football club.

SISU try and distress ACL and they are hated, Wasps / ACL try to distress our football and it is high fives all about.

Its not high five's with me Nick, but i have come to the conclusion that Wasps are better at business than Sisu, and are now proving this with actions. They are the bully now, sisu better fight it or pack up because i cant see any weapons they have to stop whats coming.

chiefdave

From the statement in the CT, do we really expect that Wasps have a plan already to achieve what CCFC need? Oh, and should share it already with CA? Do Wasps know all the details about what the Academy needs? Blimey, talk about masters of invention....

I would have thought meeting to discuss it, and letting wasps know what the CCFC requirements are in detail would be a good move?

If Wasps / CSF are offering to rent us facilities surely they have to know what they are able to rent?

Why don't they make the offer clear. If it's miles away then we're screwed, if its close then it is worth talking to see if something can be worked out.

The requirements are freely available for anyone to view on line and you would have thought CSF, as managers of a Cat 2 academy facility, would have a vague idea what the requirements were.

Nick

Administrator
See what I mean about posters not wanting to post because they're scared of getting a new arse ripped!

There is a difference and you can spot it a mile off. It isn't about new posters not wanting to post, new CCFC fans are very welcome to come on and post.

It isn't about different opinions either, if people got banned for that then 90% of the place would be gone.

What does this say to you? Somebody just wanting to cause trouble? That is somebody who tried to sign up for a duplicate account this morning.

Attachments

• IP.gif
    IP.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 35

SkyBlueZack

I have got to the point where in my opinion about this game is already in full flow and no matter if i disagree or agree it will not stop this happening. They and i will say it again do not care about the club, as in my opinion they believe they will pick up the pieces of the club as soon as they get Sisu out.

Do i agree with the methods? No i dont, do i love the CCC No i dont do i care for any other party in this shambles, NO I don't. Do i believe i can stop what is already in place No I dont. We are as helpless as the day SISU took the club to NTFC, thats how i feel, angry, upset but getting closer to apathy more than at any other time of being a fan of this club that i have loved since a boy standing on a box in the kop.

How do you know they will pick up the pieces? If CCFC died it would help Wasps establish themselves and the councils wish to become a city of Rugby. I find it very worrying people think the club will be saved by the very people intent on damaging it.

SkyBlueZack

Its not high five's with me Nick, but i have come to the conclusion that Wasps are better at business than Sisu, and are now proving this with actions. They are the bully now, sisu better fight it or pack up because i cant see any weapons they have to stop whats coming.

Better at business how? By taking advantage of a dispute between a local authority and local football team to bag themselves a stadium on the cheap because of said dispute? By taking advantage of a local councils hatred towards the football clubs owners to get themselves a training facility?

Personally I would say they are more ruthless than SISU, care less about fans than SISU, care less about community than SISU, care less about history and tradition than SISU.

eedyut

At the very least we should attempt to erect our own flags on the island, it's not political after all, or is it?! Get a social media campaign going, alerting other clubs fans, surely we'd get sympathy. Any sabotage of any open, peaceful protest would look horrendous on Wasps or the Council's part.

As you can see from my join date, I've been a member for years, just usually a reader. But this is time for everyone to stand up and open their mouths.

SkyBlueZack

If Wasps / CSF are offering to rent us facilities surely they have to know what they are able to rent?

Why don't they make the offer clear. If it's miles away then we're screwed, if its close then it is worth talking to see if something can be worked out.

The requirements are freely available for anyone to view on line and you would have thought CSF, as managers of a Cat 2 academy facility, would have a vague idea what the requirements were.

It's all just a PR ploy to make themselves look good when they destroy the football team. Worryingly people are buying it. This is why the trust need to back the club.

Nick

Administrator

So surely people should be going apeshit at them? After all people got angry because of a stadium management company being distressed, now there are multiple companies queuing up to have a go on our club it is just good business?

Chipfat

How do you know they will pick up the pieces? If CCFC died it would help Wasps establish themselves and the councils wish to become a city of Rugby. I find it very worrying people think the club will be saved by the very people intent on damaging it.

Simple answer is Zack, i don't know it will be picked up, its just my opinion, but why would Wasps and the CCC be putting pressure on owners in such away that an option of them leaving is a very viable outcome. They are making it obvious to me that this is a larger plan to make it very hard for Sisu to survive forcing them to pack up and go back to London.

These are very much the same animal but at this moment in time Wasp's are proving to have the bigger bite and the bigger pack.

Last edited:

SkyBlueZack

At the very least we should attempt to erect our own flags on the island, it's not political after all, or is it?! Get a social media campaign going, alerting other clubs fans, surely we'd get sympathy. Any sabotage of any open, peaceful protest would look horrendous on Wasps or the Council's part.

As you can see from my join date, I've been a member for years, just usually a reader. But this is time for everyone to stand up and open their mouths.

Would other clubs back us and support us when our own trust can't back the club and nor do some fans?

Nick

Administrator
Simple answer is Zack, i don't know it will be picked up, its just my opinion, but why would Wasps and the CCC be putting pressure on owners in such away that an option of them leaving is a very viable outcome. They are making it obvious to me that this is a larger plan to make it very hard for Sisu to survive forcing them to pack up and go back to London.

It isn't SISU surviving though is it, it is the football club.

Are SISU going to go tits up because of it? They may well just go back to London but I doubt they will be destroyed, that will be the football club.

SkyBlueZack

Maybe we should do the same to Wasps and force them to pack up and go back to London. They can give SISU a lift. Then maybe our sporting clubs, both CCFC and CRFC might have a brighter future.

Samo

Really? Same IP Address, your brother?*

*It isn't really.

Don't even joke, if that got about I'd never hear the fucking end of it! :confused:

Nick

Administrator
Stu - just to make clear I am not on Trust board anymore so anything I say is on my own behalf and has nothing to do with the Trust.

Apologies, I didn't actually know that.

Didn't you go to the SCG for the trust the other day?

eedyut

Would other clubs back us and support us when our own trust can't back the club and nor do some fans?

It's a fair point but someone with a large profile needs to rally as many fans as possible. The great powers know how to manipulate and coerce for the betterment of themselves, we should flip the trick.

DoobyDooBlue

WTF?
Surely he was just a WUM ??
If that is me you are talking about. I didn't just come on to say that.

I have lurked for a long time.

I have actually said other stuff

I have been a CCFC fan all my life. I was at Wembley in 1987.

This forum seems to be a closed shop.

I agree with posters that have said it puts people off posting. It does.

Nick

Administrator
Despite some claims, we can today reveal leaked emails to the football club and others prove Mr Anderson’s claims the Sky Blues HAD repeatedly sought talks over staying at the centre after a lease expires next June.

Paul Breed, of the centre’s operators the Coventry Sports Foundation, re-iterated in an April 28 email that the club’s academy arrangements WOULD expire next June, while he offered “assisting the club to find an alternative accommodation of their Academy facilities especially if they were to be located within the city.”

olderskyblue

You would prefer this stand off then? If some asked me to meet over something so serious, I would meet. no bloody excuses about wanting to see what they had in mind, just go and meet and find out.

Sky Blue Kid

There is a difference and you can spot it a mile off. It isn't about new posters not wanting to post, new CCFC fans are very welcome to come on and post.

It isn't about different opinions either, if people got banned for that then 90% of the place would be gone.

What does this say to you? Somebody just wanting to cause trouble? That is somebody who tried to sign up for a duplicate account this morning.
Why didn't you say that in the first place then Nick?

Users who are viewing this thread