Wasps reject proposal to withdraw application (1 Viewer)

Calista

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/wasps-say-push-ahead-plans-11443252

It's laughable...wasps MD saying he text CA 3 times to discuss this over the weekend but had no response from CA.

CA saying he's asked Wasps MD for proposals in writing but no response.

You couldn't make this bull shit up.

Where's Michael Byng and his fax machine?

Yep, it's as depressing as it's ever been.

To be fair, it's not the Wasps application that destoys the Academy, it's the swimming pool to follow.

Got to keep pushing as hard as possible for these mind games to stop, and for a mutually-acceptable solution to be found. And stop arguing amongst ourselves about the EU.

Steve.B50

Not defending anyone but on the interview last night CA asked for the Planning application to be delayed a little while they opened negotiations, I never heard him aske for it to be withdrawn.
At present a deal with Wasps could be our only option of saving the Academy.
Just get everyone around a table, lock them in a room till its sorted.

SkyBlueScottie

Why text him, why refuse to put it in writing, why not get around a bloody table.... Saying that, the council have got rid of the 50 Metre swimming pool, Wasps are suggesting they will build one, I am guessing the Council are all for that idea.

stupot07

Not defending anyone but on the interview last night CA asked for the Planning application to be delayed a little while they opened negotiations, I never heard him aske for it to be withdrawn.
I just can't see it though Steve, its not just access to the kicking barn, its wasps taking exclusive use of 2 of the 4 remaining pitches, and exclusive use for half the time on a 3rd.

Like I keep saying, if you (and I'm sure you have) ever been down on a Saturday morning and the academy and development sides are playing at home, plus thr SBiTC Saturday clubs are taking place, pretty much every pitch including the indoor is being used at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueZack

If you look at Kieran Crowley's tweets I don't think that will work. I know people say the trust should be impartial, but why? Surely they should be biased towards the club and want the club to be at the forefront of anything and everything? Not pushed aside. They are there to represent the fans of the football club, not the council, higgs or wasps. The fans of this club want our academy to be saved. We want our club to thrive. This is far more important than sitting on the fence.

Nick

Administrator
If you look at Kieran Crowley's tweets I don't think that will work. I know people say the trust should be impartial, but why? Surely they should be biased towards the club and want the club to be at the forefront of anything and everything? Not pushed aside. They are there to represent the fans of the football club, not the council, higgs or wasps. The fans of this club want our academy to be saved. We want our club to thrive. This is far more important than sitting on the fence.

You can still be impartial but defend the club (not owners).

Steve.B50

I just can't see it though Steve, its not just access to the kicking barn, its wasps taking exclusive use of 2 of the 4 remaining pitches, and exclusive use for half the time on a 3rd.

Like I keep saying, if you (and I'm sure you have) ever been down on a Saturday morning and the academy and development sides are playing at home, plus thr SBiTC Saturday clubs are taking place, pretty much every pitch including the indoor is being used at the same time.

I agree but at present we have very little option but to work with them if we want to save our Academy
We do not know the full offer and if it saves our youth policy then CA has to consider the option.
As I understand it and not sure how it works,but the Wasps do not use any of there existing Academy facilities after a certain time in the day or at weekends.
The only issue will be the indoor pitch.

Steve.B50

You only have to read the Forums to work out that the Trust want what's best for the Club.
Yes we want our club to thrive and the Academy is vital, but if the indoor pitch is to become a pool they need another option.

stupot07

I agree but at present we have very little option but to work with them if we want to save our Academy
We do not know the full offer and if it saves our youth policy then CA has to consider the option.
As I understand it and not sure how it works,but the Wasps do not use any of there existing Academy facilities after a certain time in the day or at weekends.
The only issue will be the indoor pitch.

What it if can't save the academy? What if the only way to save it is to try and stop the wasps build taking place?

Are the trust backing Anderson's statement?

SkyBlueZack

You can still be impartial but defend the club (not owners).

It's as clear as day what's happening here. Bollocks to impartial. Let's defend and fight for the club we love. I don't care who we piss off. Outside of the strange folk who watch Wasps because they hate SISU, no one cares about Wasps. Most people will agree they were wrong to move. Let's stop being nice and show the world what CCFC means to the fans and the city.

SkyBlueZack

You only have to read the Forums to work out that the Trust want what's best for the Club.
Yes we want our club to thrive and the Academy is vital, but if the indoor pitch is to become a pool they need another option.

Do the trust agree with the clubs statement regarding Wasps withdrawing their planning application?

Steve.B50

What it if can't save the academy? What if the only way to save it is to try and stop the wasps build taking place?

Are the trust backing Anderson's statement?

If that was our only option then we would have consider that, but not sure how we could stop it.
However, at present nothing is in stone.

Steve.B50

In a perfect world we would like the planning application to be delayed, but what will that achieve?. We will still have no academy next July

Steve.B50

It isn't our only option at the minute and therefore we have to fight and try and stop the wasps build from going ahead.

How and on what grounds?
Have been reading up on why we can appeal any planning application and its not that easy
On top of that I doubt the Council will want to stop it.
Even if we all chained ourselves to the gates it will not save our Academy.

SkyBlueZack

If that was our only option then we would have consider that, but not sure how we could stop it.
However, at present nothing is in stone.

Want what's best for the club? Yet won't fully back the statement? Our only option? So you are happy that we will now play second fiddle to Wasps in the academy? There taking over and the trust just want to sit on the fence and not upset anyone.

Nick

Administrator
On one hand, I can see why Anderson is cautious about doing anything by text. He has to be very careful as I can see it being just used against him.

Why shouldn't it be done by writing / email? By doing a text they can say "we have tried" and leave it at that.

Nick

Administrator
The council and wasps are laughing there head off at our fans being blinded by hatred to SISU allowing them getting away with whatever they want.

They have always had an easy ride.

Leeds hate their owners, would their fans be the same? I doubt anybody would see them as defending their owner, it would just be the badge, the club.

stupot07

How and on what grounds?
Have been reading up on why we can appeal any planning application and its not that easy
On top of that I doubt the Council will want to stop it.
Even if we all chained ourselves to the gates it will not save our Academy.
We need to try though. We can't just sit back and hope for the best.

Has anyone from the trust spoken to the FA?

Is the Trusts plan of action to literally just ask everyone to get around a table?

SkyBlueZack

Said yesterday, Chris Anderson appears to be well out of his depth. He really isn't in a position to demand anything and if he was serious about our academy and its long term future would grab any nettle offered.

Wasps are the heroes right? Eternally grateful they will let us use the academy built for us after 3pm? All because SISU are useless, it's ok.

Steve.B50

On one hand, I can see why Anderson is cautious about doing anything by text. He has to be very careful as I can see it being just used against him.

Why shouldn't it be done by writing / email? By doing a text they can say "we have tried" and leave it at that.

True I agree it could be done in writing but why not say "hey this is getting out of hand, fancy a shandy down the pub" ?

Users who are viewing this thread