Wasps reject proposal to withdraw application (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueZack

We're fighting a losing battle, other than the few loyalists like a few of the people on here the coventry public don't want a professional football team it seems.

Not everyone knows the full details. With a concentrated campaign to get facts in the public could sway opinion. Also if a few ex-players joined the campaign that would certainly help. Callum Wilson backing the campaign for Wasps to withdraw the application to protect the very academy that has given him the platform to show the football world his ability that was nurtured by said academy would carry more weight than fans saying it.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Not everyone knows the full details. With a concentrated campaign to get facts in the public could sway opinion. Also if a few ex-players joined the campaign that would certainly help. Callum Wilson backing the campaign for Wasps to withdraw the application to protect the very academy that has given him the platform to show the football world his ability that was nurtured by said academy would carry more weight than fans saying it.
Any new ideas?

SkyBlueZack

Have we got anyone on here that has any idea about planning applications? In either how we can hold it up or how we can get it rejected? People have made objections, does this definitly mean it will go before a comittee rather than an officer?

Do we have any details of the netball teams who use the Higgs? Is it just casual games or is there a league? We need to hear what they think of the proposal. If they have been given alternatives by Higgs. If they have been consulted. Would they consider putting a statement out objecting to the plans?

The city of rugby plans. Someone put a link up earlier and I couldn't see anything about CRFC. Now bearing in mind Millerchip owns the lease as to secure the future of CRFC and heads up the city of rugby scheme, why is there no mention or little mention of CRFC. Surely to secure the future of CRFC, having them at the forefront of the scheme along with Wasps would help do this?

I don't claim to know everything, sometimes my annoyance and frustration gets the better of me. All I want is the clubs that bear this great cities name to have a prosperous future. For fans to be proud of their clubs and city again. To walk into work on a Monday morning head held high.

martcov

Isn't that what he's done? He's asked them for their proposals and they won't provide them.

No. He Said he wants the proposals in writing before agreeing to a meeting. I'm saying,agree to the meeting and ask for the proposals - giving them a week to sort things out.

The Reverend Skyblue

I'm definately in with Zack ,Grendel and others.
It's time to get a bit militant on this, DEMAND ANSWERS from the council ,Wasps and the council Telegraph.
And yes DEMAND ANSWERS from SISU .
We should aim if no answers are received to make Wasps stay and their bi weekly visits from their London fans as uncomfortable as possible.
Any bad press will obviously affect advertising revenue from sponsors for a start.

Nick

Administrator
I'm definately in with Zack ,Grendel and others.
It's time to get a bit militant on this, DEMAND ANSWERS from the council ,Wasps and the council Telegraph.
And yes DEMAND ANSWERS from SISU .
We should aim if no answers are received to make Wasps stay and their bi weekly visits from their London fans as uncomfortable as possible.

Not sure about the fans bit. Make Wasps and their owners squirm, but Tony and Jim from London who are coming up don't really deserve to be uncomfortable.*

*Tony and Jim are generic rugby fans from London.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Have we got anyone on here that has any idea about planning applications? In either how we can hold it up or how we can get it rejected? People have made objections, does this definitly mean it will go before a comittee rather than an officer?

Do we have any details of the netball teams who use the Higgs? Is it just casual games or is there a league? We need to hear what they think of the proposal. If they have been given alternatives by Higgs. If they have been consulted. Would they consider putting a statement out objecting to the plans?

The city of rugby plans. Someone put a link up earlier and I couldn't see anything about CRFC. Now bearing in mind Millerchip owns the lease as to secure the future of CRFC and heads up the city of rugby scheme, why is there no mention or little mention of CRFC. Surely to secure the future of CRFC, having them at the forefront of the scheme along with Wasps would help do this?

I don't claim to know everything, sometimes my annoyance and frustration gets the better of me. All I want is the clubs that bear this great cities name to have a prosperous future. For fans to be proud of their clubs and city again. To walk into work on a Monday morning head held high.
Thats what we all want

dongonzalos

Not sure about the fans bit. Make Wasps and their owners squirm, but Tony and Jim from London who are coming up don't really deserve to be uncomfortable.*

*Tony and Jim are generic rugby fans from London.

None of this is their choice. Also to be fair I get the impression the families coming to see wasps come from all round the Midlands
Not London

dongonzalos

Was there a thread about this pool and plans by Wasps back before Xmas?
If anybody can find it would you mind bumping it.
Wouldn't mind having s butchers to see who was actually in the know back then.

SkyBlueZack

The ST land has apparently been bought by Wasps. My theory is this has been bought with moving their academy up here in mind. Use Higgs land for their training centre and ST land for the academy. Just a theory though. Si80 is certain a deal has been done, just not been confirmed publically.

Grendel

Was there a thread about this pool and plans by Wasps back before Xmas?
If anybody can find it would you mind bumping it.
Wouldn't mind having s butchers to see who was actually in the know back then.

I've already posted a link I am not doing it again. Wasps "heard" there may be a pool lol

chiefdave

The ST land has apparently been bought by Wasps. My theory is this has been bought with moving their academy up here in mind. Use Higgs land for their training centre and ST land for the academy. Just a theory though. Si80 is certain a deal has been done, just not been confirmed publically.
That's another question they need to answer then. Why are they using Higgs land when they have purchased land for themselves.

theferret

I'm sure it's 92% from CV postcodes. Think it came from Wasps too. Happy to be corrected though.

No, it was CV & B post codes - an area of over 2.5 million people. And that was only one particular game. When they get their bog standard league gate of 9K-14K I imagine there are a fair chunk from London. Judging by the yellow and black shirts piling off the train from Euston there must be.

eedyut

Exactly chiefdave, and of course the council would be heavily involved in any land purchase. Shady dealings and legal fishing again. Nothing illegal of course just not being open with the citizens. The Council it seems will help Wasps at every turn. We're up against it.

Last edited:

stupot07

Absolute morons

e879bcd06017783d2690dc65d976a1b4.jpg

b0f799b0afcdd632c2d89ae69608763b.jpg

bbb98c9c4980cfe3f615e5f1c37ea6d0.jpg

21b727b3aadfa10f601aff8d74940cc6.jpg

116310aed3eb17ba10d9c8782cfca585.jpg

6166c28a75072a7be02b90e52e78b648.jpg

0afa248f29579078c24cf9fb35d33b8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Could the trust contact other midland rugby clubs and see if we could get them involved/join forces?

I know it was mentioned several times that Worcester were unhappy.

SkyBlueZack

The telegraph comments are unbelieveable. I was on there but it crashes my laptop so left them to it. More issues than Beano the people on there.

Nick

Administrator
Absolute morons

e879bcd06017783d2690dc65d976a1b4.jpg

b0f799b0afcdd632c2d89ae69608763b.jpg

bbb98c9c4980cfe3f615e5f1c37ea6d0.jpg

21b727b3aadfa10f601aff8d74940cc6.jpg

116310aed3eb17ba10d9c8782cfca585.jpg

6166c28a75072a7be02b90e52e78b648.jpg

0afa248f29579078c24cf9fb35d33b8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's hilarious isn't it.

It is like having a business and allowing mentalists to stand outside and shout abuse at your customers. From a random person looking in, that is what they think all city fans will be like.

Funny how people don't seem to post on places like this where they can be challenged properly.

SkyBlueZack

Could the trust contact other midland rugby clubs and see if we could get them involved/join forces?

I know it was mentioned several times that Worcester were unhappy.

I suggested asking Tigers/Saints/Warriors fans to boycott the Ricoh as they sell a lot of tickets thus increasing the attendance and coffers. It didn't go down well on the Wasps forum.

eedyut

SISU's PR has been awful in this sordid affair. They'll cost a fortune too. Not tax payers money though, ahem. But ours as fans and tax payers. Sod them all!

SkyBlueZack

My favourite line is "Thankyou to ccc and wasps for sticking up to the schoolyard bully"

For a start it doesn't make sense, and secondly, you call them morons stu. I'd call them complete cunts.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Whilst the football club they proclaim to support is being bullied itself. SISU started it though, sir! All very playground behaviour.

covmark

Whilst the football club they proclaim to support is being bullied itself. SISU started it though, sir! All very playground behaviour.
The posters on there are beyond help.
On here recently though, the signing up of new contributors is eye opening to say the least. You tend to find they steer clear of the football related threads.
Couldn't tell you why that would be.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Si80

STW have a box as a handshake for site purchase. Been used all year.
Having at look at the site boundary though at Whitley pumping station, it's not a lot of land that looks to be ex-STW / now Wasps. I can't remember when installing meters on that patch if we had to get permission to put a chamber in for one of the meters closer to the Higgs site (still in the fields adjacent to Higgs).

oldfiver

STW have a box as a handshake for site purchase. Been used all year.
Having at look at the site boundary though at Whitley pumping station, it's not a lot of land that looks to be ex-STW / now Wasps. I can't remember when installing meters on that patch if we had to get permission to put a chamber in for one of the meters closer to the Higgs site (still in the fields adjacent to Higgs).

Does the land there or thereabouts have planning restrictions or approvals - is it green belt?

Si80

Does the land there or thereabouts have planning restrictions or approvals - is it green belt?

Dunno. STW put planning in for the Whitley site to look to turn it into flats I believe (back in 2009ish I think) but never went forward with it obviously. I think the building there though (the pump house) might be listed so they'd have to keep that.

SkyBlueZack

Cheers Si80. Enough land for an academy base? Not sure of the boundaries. As a handshake? Is that deal completed or a sweetner to complete the deal?

Users who are viewing this thread