Wasps downward spiral... (11 Viewers)

CanadianCCFC

Just had a look on their forum to see if there was any response to the piece on Midlands Today, or the negative responses to the tweet from the presenter and in the telegraph. Not a mention.

Did however see a post that every season ticket holder has been emailed offering them 20 additional free tickets for every game this season for each season ticket they have. One chap has 4 season tickets and has already got 80 free tickets for a game!!!
Shocking. What have I just read???

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Just had a look on their forum to see if there was any response to the piece on Midlands Today, or the negative responses to the tweet from the presenter and in the telegraph. Not a mention.

Did however see a post that every season ticket holder has been emailed offering them 20 additional free tickets for every game this season for each season ticket they have. One chap has 4 season tickets and has already got 80 free tickets for a game!!!
Please screenshot this - someone I know said they stopped handing out free tickets years ago and won’t have it that it’s a lie.

I’d love to show him that

chiefdave

If that’s true it’s insane. Why would anyone ever buy a ticket
I've seen multiple people posting today on social media saying they have 10 or more tickets for this weekends game. They're clearly desperate to make it look busy seeing as they've been hyping it up as a huge event / sellout.

But this will come back to bite them. As some of us pointed out when they first started handing out so many free tickets they've completely devalued their product. As you say anyone who pays or considers renewing a season ticket must be mad.

CCFC54321

If they have over 20,000 their today the breakdown will be...

-3,000 paid for their ticket
-17,000 had a free ticket
-16,999 of the free ticket holders couldn’t give a shit about the game and went to get out of the Xmas shopping and won’t be back again.

fernandopartridge

If that’s true it’s insane. Why would anyone ever buy a ticket
They've devalued their product from day 1 but are now looking pretty desperate.

I'm not sure how they can plan the logistics of the event when they've got no real idea how many people are going to turn up

Terry Gibson's perm

Just parked up at St Andrews and got out of the car to be greeted by a wasp now a dead wasp hope that’s a good sign

Paul Anthony

This is actually becoming a frequent problem on this line. My brother has to get the train from Nuneaton to work in Friargate, and it always seems to be the busiest train of the evening on the way home they cancel.

But, for it to happen today (and the lack of shuttle buses) is absolutely hilarious!

chiefdave

And the fireworks after we’re a disaster too apparently. What a great day this has been !
Just been looking on twitter, hilarious. What a shambles the whole thing was. Massive queues at the bar, ran out of beer before kick off, blew a 17-0 lead, fucked up the fireworks, no trains and no shuttle bus!

Shows the difference between football and rugby fans. They don't care about the result. Imagine us being 3-0 up and losing 4-3. We'd be fuming. How many people do you think would stick around for a sing-a-long to crappy Xmas songs as they put the words up on the scoreboard karaoke style followed by some shitty fireworks.

Terry Gibson's perm

Seen a few of them moping around the shops by the Ricoh obviously didn’t like the fireworks

speedie87

Seen one fan on twitter ask if they can have a children free stand as they run around out of control and ruin it for everyone.

jordan210

Official attendance was 24,842 last year was 31,626

So a net loss of 6784

I would imagine these figures are based on tickets sold/given away not on actual people going in.

Last edited:

Kneeza

Official attendance was 24,842 last year was 31,626

So a net loss of 6784
And just how many actually paid? Tragic.
A big Cov fan drives trains on that line, and probably refused to work if it meant chauffering the losers
What a great day though. Two wins and the turkeys stuffed.
Merry Christmas losers...

chiefdave

Did someone say the fireworks went tits up today?
Yep, saw it on twitter. They didn't go off.

There was a couple at the start, but presumably not everything that was supposed to go as it look like a tenners worth from Tesco. Then a massive gap where nothing happened, we're talking minutes, and then a few more crappy fireworks you'd get at any local display.

The way they were bigging it up you'd expect some massive display in sync with the music.

CCFC54321

Yep, saw it on twitter. They didn't go off.

There was a couple at the start, but presumably not everything that was supposed to go as it look like a tenners worth from Tesco. Then a massive gap where nothing happened, we're talking minutes, and then a few more crappy fireworks you'd get at any local display.

The way they were bigging it up you'd expect some massive display in sync with the music.
It’s disgusting to laugh at someone’s misfortune even though they deserve it.

However on this exception I will!!

I’m PMSL!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread