U18/U21 Development Thread (6 Viewers)

mrfang1987

Guessing Moore has had a setback. He was in training pics early Jan and I was he was close but nothing since. Hopefully not a re-occurrence of the ACL injury and just being eased back in.

Terry Gibson's perm

Obikwu scores his first professional goal today for Grimsby, fair play to him.
Have never seen him play tbf , but a league 2 loan at his age and him scoring , hopefully stands him in good stead to make the grade with us 🙏

A much more useful place to send players than the Scottish leagues where they rarely play.

TomRad85

Good for Obikwu, out playing and scoring goals in the football league. Its the kind of loan move Tavares should have had, which I'm sure would have benefitted him greatly.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Tea & Busquets

Hope he really kicks on and breaks into the first team in the next two seasons, he’s a different profile we could use at the position standing at 6’4.

djr8369

Interesting that Andrews is on the bench regularly and ahead of the others who are a year or two older and got another sub appearance. Getting some good experience for his age so will be interesting to see how he develops.

Last edited:

Otis

It annoys me but iPhone autocorrect adds that type of apostrophe all the time.
My Android too.

I can get the slight annoyance with it, but I have a friend called Nancy. Think how she feels every time I type "Hi Nance" and it comes out as "Hi Nonce."

Also, I used to address my best friend, John as "Me old mucker" until predictive text came in too. Had to swiftly change it.

wingy

My Android too.

I can get the slight annoyance with it, but I have a friend called Nancy. Think how she feels every time I type "Hi Nance" and it comes out as "Hi Nonce."

Also, I used to address my best friend, John as "Me old mucker" until predictive text came in too. Had to swiftly change it.
Ooh, Leamington boot boy is back again!!

ptr

Odd. Was involved pre-season and then has barely played for U21s. Assumed he was injured. Signed two year deal in August as well so would’ve thought he would be involved in these last few games considering the injuries we’ve got.

larry_david

Odd. Was involved pre-season and then has barely played for U21s. Assumed he was injured. Signed two year deal in August as well so would’ve thought he would be involved in these last few games considering the injuries we’ve got.
Someone on here said he'd gone out to a club abroad on loan but I could never find anything. As you say he was prominent in pre season and a bit like Rus, just disappeared.

mrfang1987

Guessing Batanwi and Moore done for the season? They’d have been in around the first team with all the injuries. Bradley Stretton featured in a few squads but doesn’t seem to be near it at the moment

Tea & Busquets

We need to be playing youth at this point. The lack of youth coming through recently is embarrassing and we have virtually nothing to play for anymore. Be great to see at least one academy lad make a big impression and break through.

cstring82

Guessing Batanwi and Moore done for the season? They’d have been in around the first team with all the injuries. Bradley Stretton featured in a few squads but doesn’t seem to be near it at the moment
Batanwi is still injured I think, not sure about Moore.
I watched the U21s last week and Bradley Stretton came on as sub and didn’t seem to do much, get the feeling his attitude might not be up to scratch but that’s only an opinion and no reasoning about it, just didn’t seem to have the drive but does have the ability.

Users who are viewing this thread