Match Thread Coventry City vs. Southampton U21 Match Thread - Tuesday 5th Nov (4 Viewers)

fatso

Kyle was another striker heavily targeted by the boo boys.

I blame Adams for that whole situation - from the outside it seemed that Kyle was a panic buy after the forced sale of McSheffrey and that little research or planning had been done. It was obvious from the start we had heavily overpaid, that Kyle did not suit the way we played and when Kyle didn't deliver in the early games - the boo boys jumped in and his confidence spiralled downwards.

Kyle was no world beater but you could equally argue that the team was not set up for his strengths. The personal abuse of Kyle did not do the player any favours and impacted the morale of the wider team - created a division with the fans. As others have said I will never truly understand the boo boy mentality and the minority of our fan base who seem determined/delighted that certain players actually fail for us.
What boo boys?
I’ve never heard Biamou getting abuse while playing, in fact quite the opposite,
There are quite a few who sit near me who seem to worship the ground he walks on! The comments aimed at him on here arnt so much negative, more an observation of facts, which point out that he’s simply not going to score the number of goals we require from a centre forward.
I’m on record here, for pointing out that he works very hard for the team, and leads the line, often on his own quite well, But unfortunately he’s not a goal scorer, and won’t ever become one. Scoring regularly against u23 sides is hardly relevant.

If he bangs in 20 goals this season, I’ll be absolutely delighted, and be the first to admit I got it wrong, But I can’t see it ever happening.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s moved on at the end of the season, along with Bakayoko, Hiwula, Ponticelli and possibly Kastaneer. Signing good strikers seems to be a major problem for some reason.

fatso

You've side stepped the issue. Max may go on to prove he is a failure at this level. In the context of last night and the preceding 3 league games your comments above are irrelevant. Max scored a hat trick last night and won the game for our team. A reason for any City fan to be pleased and to celebrate. In the previous 3 league games, one of which he came on as a half time sub, he played well, made two goals and scored an absolute belter. Reasons again for all City fans to celebrate and be pleased. You don't like Biamou so choose to make a sneery comment. It's almost as though you would want him and the team to fail just so you could say I told you so.
In the end, you might be right, he might not be good enough for this league. The difference between the two of us I would suggest to say is that you will be quite happy about that where as myself and most City fans I would think would be disappointed.
I don't think Bakayoko is a consistently good player at this level. I'm still pleased when he does well for the team. Surely that's how any City fan should feel about one of our players?
What makes you think my comments are personal against Biamou?
It’s not a case of I don’t like him, it’s a case of I don’t think he’s good enough for this level (he’s not the only striker that’s not good enough though)
He certainly looks the part against u23 teams, but so did Ponticelli, but consistently fails to find the net when given a run in the first team. His stats would appear to confirm as much.
I’m happy if he proves me wrong, but grabbing a hat trick against a youth team isn’t going to convert me, even though I appreciate his efforts in helping us win the game.

DannyThomas_1981

The comments aimed at him on here arnt so much negative, more an observation of facts.

I see what you are saying in your latest post Fatso - and it's pretty balanced.

What I would say in reference to previous posts on both Max and Baka - a number of the comments have been absolutely vindictive and personal (and far from an observation of any facts).

covcity4life

biamous last min winner turned out to be huge

walsall beat fgr 6 nil and take top spot. had cov gone to pens and lost we would be out right now, not sure the tiebreaker had we won

but we are on course for wembley!

covcity4life

The Leasing.com Trophy Round Two Draw will take place on Saturday 16 November, live on Sky Sports’ Soccer Saturday from 2pm.

Thirty-two Clubs are involved in Round Two of the competition with the draw split into Northern and Southern sections.

The winner of each group will be drawn at home and will play a runner-up of a group from the same region, but not from the same group they competed in from Round One.

To ensure these conditions are met the Northern and Southern draws will be split into two separate draws – Draw A and Draw B.

covcity4life

we can draw

colchester
pompey
exeter
brighton u21s
bristol rovers
mk dons
pboro

all of those would be away except for brighton u21s

anyone but pboro really! prefer u21s ideally

CanadianCCFC

we can draw

colchester
pompey
exeter
brighton u21s
bristol rovers
mk dons
pboro

all of those would be away except for brighton u21s

anyone but pboro really! prefer u21s ideally
Academy teams who win their group play at home in the knockout rounds meaning it could be Brighton U21s away.

CanadianCCFC

CCFC tweeted this (I don’t know what it means):
Due to the split of the Southern Section draw, the Sky Blues will travel to either:

Exeter City, Bristol Rovers, MK Dons or Peterborough United.

Users who are viewing this thread