General TV Thread

Otis

Mar 26, 2011
The only thing I can guess at, is him himself finding out he has a terminal illness. Think that would be the only thing that would work.

Past that, I just cannot see where it can go. It's all about struggling with life and the pain of death, so that really narrows the options anyway.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
I never watched Shameless when it was first on so I gave it a watch Friday evening and finished the first series today

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
I watched the live aid programmes on the bbc iPlayer over the weekend , I really enjoyed it . Particularly the bluff and counter bluff of arranging it

Reactions: RegTheDonk

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
I watched the live aid programmes on the bbc iPlayer over the weekend , I really enjoyed it . Particularly the bluff and counter bluff of arranging it
Not TV but they're currently recording a new series of Gossipmongers Daz.

Reactions: Sky_Blue_Daz

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
Not TV but they're currently recording a new series of Gossipmongers Daz.
Love that podcast , but I can’t listen to it when I’m running, some of the stories are incredible

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
Love that podcast , but I can’t listen to it when I’m running, some of the stories are incredible
I generally listen to music when running and podcasts when I'm walking. I've been walking down the street pissing myself listening to it. Would be dangerous to have it on running.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
I generally listen to music when running and podcasts when I'm walking. I've been walking down the street pissing myself listening to it. Would be dangerous to have it on running.
Have you listened to the Top flight Time machine podcasts?

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
Have you listened to the Top flight Time machine podcasts?
No mate. I had a bit of a spat on Twitter with Andy Dawson so I'm half boycotting him! (I still listen to Athletico).

Edit - just seen on Twitter that Gossipmongers putting a filmed episode out on Twitch (whatever that is). 9pm July 3oth

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
No mate. I had a bit of a spat on Twitter with Andy Dawson so I'm half boycotting him! (I still listen to Athletico).

Edit - just seen on Twitter that Gossipmongers putting a filmed episode out on Twitch (whatever that is). 9pm July 3oth
I’d give it a listen the first 5/6 are pretty much just about the premiership from its infancy but then it just changes into something completely different
They have also “deep dived “ Roy Keanes and Kevin Keegans autobiographies
The other presenter is a guy called Sam Delaney ( he used to be the editor of Heat magazine and also presented on talksport and talkradio ) some of his stories about his family are brilliant.
I’ll keep an eye out for the gossipmongers though cheers for the heads up

I’d imagine Andy Dawson could be easy to fall out with although he’s not on Twitter at the moment as he also sent a tweet to Micheal Gove’s wife calling Gove a C**t, he also said he’d pay good money to kick him in the balls in front of their kids so they know how much of a shithouse their dad was .

chiefdave

Sep 27, 2008
Coventry
Comic Con weekend, obviously all being done virtually this year but should still be some new trailers.

Looking forward to Truth Seekers on Amazon later in the year.

Ian1779

Dec 6, 2012
Been watching Designated Survivor on Netflix. Onto Season 2 - been decent so far.

Reactions: lifeskyblue

lifeskyblue

May 22, 2015
Been watching Designated Survivor on Netflix. Onto Season 2 - been decent so far.
Really enjoyed season 1...but felt second and third series just didn’t compare...fell away in terms of story lines and purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

May 22, 2015
We just coming to end of series 4 of Cardinal on bbc iplayer. If you like police procedural dramas and bit of gruesome you might enjoy these based on novels of Giles Blunt, set in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
I’d give it a listen the first 5/6 are pretty much just about the premiership from its infancy but then it just changes into something completely different
They have also “deep dived “ Roy Keanes and Kevin Keegans autobiographies
The other presenter is a guy called Sam Delaney ( he used to be the editor of Heat magazine and also presented on talksport and talkradio ) some of his stories about his family are brilliant.
I’ll keep an eye out for the gossipmongers though cheers for the heads up

I’d imagine Andy Dawson could be easy to fall out with although he’s not on Twitter at the moment as he also sent a tweet to Micheal Gove’s wife calling Gove a C**t, he also said he’d pay good money to kick him in the balls in front of their kids so they know how much of a shithouse their dad was .
tonight at 9

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
Seen a trailer for Norsemen on Netflix looked good anyone else recommend it?

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
Still a while to wait but looking forward to the new season of Fargo.

Hasn't disappointed so far. Unlike something like True detective which has never managed to live up to the first series.

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008
I enjoyed the third series of True Detective a lot, but that may be on the rebound after sitting through the second.

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
I enjoyed the third series of True Detective a lot, but that may be on the rebound after sitting through the second.
It was definitely better than 2 but still not in the same league as 1.

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008
Oh for sure, 1 stands out in front. It makes me feel more optimistic about a S4 though than I did about S3 initially

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
I started watching this thing where Michael sheen was a serial killer in prison but lost interest after 2