Transfer Shouts (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

In all seriousness I keep saying it but it keeps being true: we had our recruitment team ripped from us just before the window and don’t even have a team at the moment, just one man. It was never going to be big investment off that, both Robins and King seem the types to want to do their homework before investing significant amounts. It’s frustrating but the proof of the pudding really is summer.

Jesse Carver

Agree to an extent but plenty of clubs have done great business. Sunderland a particular example. Geldhart on loan from Leeds , Lihadji from Lille and Pierre Ekwah from West Ham all fantastic signings.

Yes we're due a huge overhaul in the summer and maybe it is a case of tread water until then but our window has been very poor IMO. Our only permanent signing a player who can't get into Preston's matchday squad despite being fit...

Difference is though, Sunderland have a billionaire owner with a family history in sports ownership plus they appointed a savvy sporting director.

shmmeee

Robins says we’re done unless something falls for us “either now or the summer doesn’t make much difference”

Frostie

Agree to an extent but plenty of clubs have done great business. Sunderland a particular example. Geldhart on loan from Leeds , Lihadji from Lille and Pierre Ekwah from West Ham all fantastic signings.

In fairness, I can't imagine we were ever in the race for Gelhardt. He's on £25k p/w at Leeds who were demanding the majority of that to be covered. As good as he is I'm not sure that's something we were ever likely to be in for considering our position.

Nick

Administrator
“We’ve got plates spinning. But we will see. Essentially we’re done this window, unless the one falls that we’re waiting for.

“Whether that’s now or the summer, it doesn’t make much difference, but we will see.”

NorthernWisdom

In all seriousness I keep saying it but it keeps being true: we had our recruitment team ripped from us just before the window and don’t even have a team at the moment, just one man. It was never going to be big investment off that, both Robins and King seem the types to want to do their homework before investing significant amounts. It’s frustrating but the proof of the pudding really is summer.
I generally agree, but surely losing your recruitment chap doesn't mean all knowledge goes? I mean, surely before he went he and Robins would have had the occasional chat, so Robins would be clued up about who could come in to his liking?

As said, not disagreeing with the general point, but do think we overstate the recruitment loss. If we were missing one medium-long term, then maybe...

shmmeee

I generally agree, but surely losing your recruitment chap doesn't mean all knowledge goes? I mean, surely before he went he and Robins would have had the occasional chat, so Robins would be clued up about who could come in to his liking?

As said, not disagreeing with the general point, but do think we overstate the recruitment loss. If we were missing one medium-long term, then maybe...

Depends what parameters he was working on I suppose. Also depends on whether the new owner has some form of “not my idea syndrome” and needs to be taken along the path from the start. We’ve all been there with new managers that reset everything in progress.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

“We’ve got plates spinning. But we will see. Essentially we’re done this window, unless the one falls that we’re waiting for.

“Whether that’s now or the summer, it doesn’t make much difference, but we will see.”
Sounds like someone coming in and he’s out of contract at the end of the season.

we need him available for free for it to happen now

ms639

Sounds like someone coming in and he’s out of contract at the end of the season.

we need him available for free for it to happen now

Sounds like an u21 to me ‘doesn’t really matter if we get him in now or in the summer’. If it was a player to have a first team impact it would matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gally9

Seems like the recruitment department is starting from scratch again, we’ve had this for years.. Pressley spoke about the recruitment department leaving and taking the database with them, and procedures were being put in place to stop it happening.

Hobo

Yes we're due a huge overhaul in the summer and maybe it is a case of tread water until then but our window has been very poor IMO. Our only permanent signing a player who can't get into Preston's matchday squad despite being fit...

Robins has said enquiries made, clubs dont want to sell or want too much?

In your example Sunderland have signed the West Ham lad on a long term contract. With their attendances I suspect they have more money than us and we cant afford him?

I think it is a case of treading water until the summer. We are the sort of club that has to sell a car before we can buy a car (and I dont mean the big stars). We can clear the decks a bit in the summer. At moment we are patching up. We may have a target that we cant get in now but maybe can in the summer? Who knows time will tell.

junglej13

Seems like the recruitment department is starting from scratch again, we’ve had this for years.. Pressley spoke about the recruitment department leaving and taking the database with them, and procedures were being put in place to stop it happening.
In Dave Boddy's last program notes he said we had retained the database which hadn't been the case historically.

Senior Vick from Alicante

One would have thought that any intellectual property would belong to the club? Robins in this window is giving us a bit of depth, the big drive will be in the summer which you cant argue against. He must think we are Ok for the rest of the season, thats when King will have to put his hand in his pocket. Thats when you will know what the future is going to look like under his tenure.

Esoterica

In Dave Boddy's last program notes he said we had retained the database which hadn't been the case historically.

He didn’t say we had the password though 😛

rexo87

Sounds like an u21 to me ‘doesn’t really matter if we get him in now or in the summer’. If it was a player to have a first team impact it would matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's Robins trying to encourage the side to let him go now so they can save wages rather than expecting a transfer fee from us

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

slowpoke

I don’t think for a minute Dean Austin is working from scratch, he’s been in the game for ever and at a high level he will have his own contacts. We are looking to be in the high championship and one day hopefully premier league level in my opinion Austin is a much needed step up from Badlan.

slowpoke

Intriguing, Robins as usual keeping his cards close to his chest. Sounds this one would be a permanent addition.

donald_trumps

I have heard this player who we are waiting on is a top player. Don't have any names though. We will see. This is the start of our march to the Premiership. Expecting the Summer to be spectacular on the transfer front.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

scott sterling GIF
I have heard this player who we are waiting on is a top player. Don't have any names though. We will see. This is the start of our march to the Premiership. Expecting the Summer to be spectacular on the transfer front.

slowpoke

If that’s correct I’d expect if possible Robins will get him in asap or risk losing out.

ccfc_Tom

Terry_dactyl

I think you’re probably right.
Not that it was your point, or that it massively matter, but did our old recruitment team jump ship or were they pushed? If it was the latter you’d hope some planning had taken place.

Terry Gibson's perm

Would we take any of these in the Summer on a free?

I liked Daniel Johnson but he must be getting on a bit.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

That puts a new spin on things.

Users who are viewing this thread