Transfer Shouts (4 Viewers)

pusbccfc

SBAndy

Yes. For a team that plays 3 centre backs we currently have 0 under contract next season, and 2 currently

I get that, but we’ll then have 6 CBs in the squad for the rest of the season. How do you square that circle? All I’m getting at is surely it would make more sense in the summer. Hell, if it happened I won’t argue with it and appreciate he may not be available in the summer. Just seems…peculiar.

pusbccfc

I get that, but we’ll then have 6 CBs in the squad for the rest of the season. How do you square that circle? All I’m getting at is surely it would make more sense in the summer. Hell, if it happened I won’t argue with it and appreciate he may not be available in the summer. Just seems…peculiar.

6 CBs including a 36 year old coming off the back of a fairly major injury.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

If we sign McNally on a permanent in the summer that could pretty much sort our defence until we get to the premier league, just a LCB and RWB required then (I’d take a look at Bali Mumba and try get Doyle on loan for 1 more season). Obviously Gus and Sheaf is all we need in DM (maybe sign 1 more as a backup as we got no one who can come in and influence a game like they do how about Cameron Brannagan). AM we got Palmer and O’hare, could maybe do with 1 more someone like Jevani Brown would be nice. Then obviously Im fully expected Vik to go in the summer so I’ve already stated who I’d like Siriki Dembele and Deniz Undav, potentially if we let Godden, Maguire and Walker go as well I’d look to bring in Yakou Meite and maybe Evan Ferguson on a cheeky loan

TomRad85

So torn, part of me wants to offer Vik and bumper deal and build a team around him, part of me is excited to see what we could build with the money we'd get for him as I do believe although Doug won't be spunking he would give the majority of that money to reinvest, unlike the crooks before him.
Either way, I'm not convinced we should sell him until the summer.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

I guess it's probably opportunism

Levship20

So torn, part of me wants to offer Vik and bumper deal and build a team around him, part of me is excited to see what we could build with the money we'd get for him as I do believe although Doug won't be spunking he would give the majority of that money to reinvest, unlike the crooks before him.

And get even less??? Unless DK sits with him and thrashes out a new deal and a pay rise! He could still go after signing a new contract but it would command a higher fee which might put some off?

TomRad85

And get even less??? Unless DK sits with him and thrashes out a new deal and a pay rise! He could still go after signing a new contract but it would command a higher fee which might put some off?
Why would we get considerably less in the summer exactly? Premier League clubs these days have money to burn, if a couple of them want him in the summer someone will pay good money, they won't think oh let's wait a year.

Sky Blue Pete

Why would we get considerably less in the summer exactly? Premier League clubs these days have money to burn, if a couple of them want him in the summer someone will pay good money, they won't think oh let's wait a year.

Yeah

slowpoke

Would generally be very happy with this, but do we really need another CB at the moment?
In a word yes, always need better players and prospects Is this the spinning plate Robins has spoken about, like all love McFadz but he ain’t going to last forever and a new younger replacement needs to be found hexcould last another season with young top defenders at this level around him let’s hope he does.

slowpoke

I think that’s what could happen, it’s the business side of football, keeping Vik another year and building a team and forward line around him could be crucial to selling season tickets in the summer the price of them likely to rise quiet a bit.

slowpoke

Surely Creswell would be another loan?
Not sure if it can be a loan will depend on the deal Millwall have with Leeds I suppose and we have five loans now anyway think you are allowed eight but can only have five in a match day squad not sure of the rules but buying him might be possible don’t know if this story would have come out if we couldn’t buy him. If true though it might be down to Leeds, they ain’t safe yet by any means so might not want to lose him yet.

NorthernWisdom

If he does well, we clearly wouldn't get less. It is a case of taking the too good offer to refuse whenever it does turn up however.

mark82

It means that Leeds can’t recall him to transfer to another club. Nothing to see here.

They could potentially buy him out of the loan or agree to terminate, just the automatic recall that has expired. Would think it's probably unlikely but if we're paying a decent fee there is a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread