Transfer Shouts (9 Viewers)

Skybluedownunder

I was told the other day the Paterson deal is still on the cards so let’s see

Would have rathered us save cash on this Maguire and just spend bigger on one player like Paterson on an 18 month deal.

Surely Swansea will be lowering their asking price if come close to the end of the transfer window and he’s still not gone. They aren’t going to want to be stuck with him for the rest of the season if he’s not going to play.

At first you ask for a fee then yeah fair enough but if the demand isn’t there and you want him gone then you drop it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexo87

Would have rathered us save cash on this Maguire and just spend bigger on one player like Paterson on an 18 month deal.

Surely Swansea will be lowering their asking price if come close to the end of the transfer window and he’s still not gone. They aren’t going to want to be stuck with him for the rest of the season if he’s not going to play.

At first you ask for a fee then yeah fair enough but if the demand isn’t there and you want him gone then you drop it

Robins wanted 3 in so may still go for Paterson at the last minute

blunted

Think the players we have added this window will give a clue as to how good our new recruitment team are going to turn out. They know the Non-League scene so I am hoping the St Albans lad will turn out well. January is a tough window so I will judge them from next Summer.

Hobo

Well I have to say I'm underwhelmed by our dealings in this months transfer window.
Smacks of numbers through the doors rather than value added for the cause.

Because January is a shit time to build a squad. If you are lucky you might find one player, with right ability, but at an inflated price.

shmmeee

Because January is a shit time to build a squad. If you are lucky you might find one player, with right ability, but at an inflated price.

Exactly that. Anyone with a decent player will want to know they can get someone in to replace ASAP. Negotiations have a strict time limit. It’s a terrible time to buy. Next season is the true judge of Doug.

Hobo

Exactly that. Anyone with a decent player will want to know they can get someone in to replace ASAP. Negotiations have a strict time limit. It’s a terrible time to buy. Next season is the true judge of Doug.

I think you can only judge after two summer transfer windows. But with a lot of deadwood going in summer we have a lot to do. But the more you have to sign in my book increases the chance of failures.

Lets be honest recruitment in any sector/profession is not an exact science.

ms639

It’s ok to want new signings but also be underwhelmed by the signings we’ve made. Ok thanks.

Saddlebrains

Can close thread now i think

If hes playing Maguire as a CAM

We got the 2 wing backs, Centre half and attacking midfielder

Cant see anyone else going out

Hobo

It’s ok to want new signings but also be underwhelmed by the signings we’ve made. Ok thanks.

I sympathise. But a lot of fans expectation seems to outweigh the reality of the opportunity this window gives?

cooperskyblue

I think we will get 1 more in. And all in all. Not losing anyone of note and adding depth at wing back and another CB and forward will have been a good bit of business to see us through until the summer where the overhaul will take place.

slowpoke

Had plenty of names rumoured on here yet none of our four signings were mentioned, Robins will have his wish for list probably based on affordability and I’m sure if any are gettable by Tuesday he’ll try & get them.

shmmeee

question is is Maguire a ST so we’re looking for an AM or and AM so we’re looking for a ST? I suspect the latter.

ms639

I sympathise. But a lot of fans expectation seems to outweigh the reality of the opportunity this window gives?

Agree to an extent but plenty of clubs have done great business. Sunderland a particular example. Geldhart on loan from Leeds , Lihadji from Lille and Pierre Ekwah from West Ham all fantastic signings.

Yes we're due a huge overhaul in the summer and maybe it is a case of tread water until then but our window has been very poor IMO. Our only permanent signing a player who can't get into Preston's matchday squad despite being fit...

shmmeee

Agree to an extent but plenty of clubs have done great business. Sunderland a particular example. Geldhart on loan from Leeds , Lihadji from Lille and Pierre Ekwah from West Ham all fantastic signings.

Yes we're due a huge overhaul in the summer and maybe it is a case of tread water until then but our window has been very poor IMO. Our only permanent signing a player who can't get into Preston's matchday squad despite being fit...

Don’t forget Di Trolio!!!

Users who are viewing this thread