Transfer Shouts (6 Viewers)

Dickie

What’s happened to the Paterson thread? Seems to have disappeared…

ptr

Would anyone have Jon Russell from Huddersfield? Contract up at end of season so would he available on the cheap. Was good for them last year, not sure what’s happened to him (or Huddersfield) this year. Ex Chelsea as well like half of our squad. I know we have a good midfield but not a lot of depth there.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I get that, but we’ll then have 6 CBs in the squad for the rest of the season. How do you square that circle? All I’m getting at is surely it would make more sense in the summer. Hell, if it happened I won’t argue with it and appreciate he may not be available in the summer. Just seems…peculiar.
If we left it to the summer then someone could nip in and beat us to it. Recently we've had to change formation because we didn't have enough CB's to play three at the back.

If it could be done now financially then I don't see why not. It'd give him the rest of the season to bed in and get used to things rather than having to get up to speed in pre-season. Long term planning.

fatso

Would anyone have Jon Russell from Huddersfield? Contract up at end of season so would he available on the cheap. Was good for them last year, not sure what’s happened to him (or Huddersfield) this year. Ex Chelsea as well like half of our squad. I know we have a good midfield but not a lot of depth there.
Good shout, a big physical unit that can play a bit as well if I remember correctly.

slowpoke

I'd take him all day long, hopefully he's somebody we're looking at.
Didn’t play against us or a sub: on Saturday, injured ?or just out of favour, if he’s who I think he is he was dominant in their midfield last season in what was a good season for them, big bugger still only 22.

skybluepm2

If we are interested in Dasilva and Cresswell, then I’m more encouraged for the summer rebuild. 2 very decent players.

nice to be linked with decent and upcoming players who will undoubtedly command a substantial fee. It’s like the Ranson era all over again; Fox and Dann MkII 😆

Users who are viewing this thread