Transfer Shouts (3 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So you're saying that Robins signed a contract at the end of the season and was then completely blindsided by the fact that the club all of sudden wanted to sell the best players without any of those funds going into rebuilding? Seems an odd thing to sign up to. Even odder given the financial outlook (if anything) would be better now given season ticket and shirt sales. Yet the ITKs know more than we're being told by a (usually reserved) manager via the press when he says that yes, every player has a price but the recruitment team is then tasked with going out and finding better?

Feel free to challenge the ITK's, or even better, turn a blind eye if the information coming out is bothersome.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

So to sum up the last few pages, we know nothing but that means it's all going to go to shit

We are going to sell Hamer and Vik and get no players to replace them because we are doing up the training ground and Sisu have taken all the money (bad Sisu) and robins is pissed off and going to leave because he wants quality over quantity

Oh and boosh is back pretending to be a fruit, Matt Smith really isn't cc84cov and earlsdon has shocked everyone by being over negative for no valid reason

Have I missed anything?

How am I being overly negative? All I have said is that we wait and see, but if we don't reinvest money from player sales (which look probable to happen) then it will be a major disappointment. Given that said trusted sources who many posters on here hang onto every word when it comes to something positive are often correct and honest, we can say with a good amount of chance that what they are saying has an element of truth in it.

Offhegoes

Yes I thought that was worrying. Clearly the extra investment being sought has not materialized.

Or perhaps he's been assured the Big 3 don't have to be sold, but there will be less cash. He would take that, and pick up the key positions he needs (already one done, with Palmer) Hope that someone comes in for Kane, Walker or Waghorn which will give him more room to manoeuvre.

Brighton Sky Blue

Or perhaps he's been assured the Big 3 don't have to be sold, but there will be less cash. He would take that, and pick up the key positions he needs (already one done, with Palmer) Hope that someone comes in for Kane, Walker or Waghorn which will give him more room to manoeuvre.

We knew exactly what Kane was like when we signed him. Just weird to have already given up on him

Bugsy

We knew exactly what Kane was like when we signed him. Just weird to have already given up on him

he's been caught cutting his (sky) blue magic gear by Frank (ann) Lucas

1ccfc

We talk about this plan of buying them cheaper and then selling them on, if we don’t replace Hamer then how do you sell the next one on?
Not saying I'm convinced, but you could argue we have just signed Palmer on a free when he cost Bristol City 3.5m 3 years ago. He's still a good age and with a decent season or two could quite easily demand a decent transfer fee.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

A lot of people hang on the ITKs every word when it’s positive stuff but then stick their fingers in their ears whenever it’s negative.
Not at all. I’d love us to splash a couple of million - but from the ITKs, it looks like we’re going to be sitting tight for the first half and being active in the January window.

our squad is capable of getting us to January and then we re-assess then. Are we going to challenging? Unlikely. But it doesn’t mean we’re screwed. We’re still better than a host of teams in this league. Midtable is what i expected and Given what the ITKs have said it is what’s likely

KenilworthSkyBlue

Gyokeres, Bidwell, Kane, Sheaf (would be on a higher pay when permanent ) and Moore

Mostly subsidised from outgoings from the previous year. Bakayoko and Biamou departing probably roughly covered Gyokeres' wage increase as a result of his switch to becoming a permanent player.

I've already mentioned Bidwell - his wages initially would've been covered by outgoing loans in Jan but then covered by Kastaneer, Mason, Bright and Jobello no longer being on the books this season.

James not signing on also likely more than covered Sheaf's. Giles, McCallum and Ostigard returning to their parent clubs would've obviously more or less allowed for the signings of Maatsen and JCS as well.

I'd imagine Camp and Marosi's exits perhaps only covered around half of Moore's contract, and then there's Kane who's contract wasn't subsidised from an outgoing to be fair.

Samo

Its hardly the incremental progression we were promised though is it? (Unless all those incoming are better than those outgoing)

Samo

It is bollocks

All because someone suggested it earlier in this thread. Next someone repeats it is a rumour and here we are! Our own little microcosmic rumour mill contained within one thread. Amazing really.

Tea & Busquets

Let's get back to transfers and less about Kane trying to shag McFadz's missus. Billy Koumetio joins Austria Vienna on loan, young cb from top 6 we can rule out. Will Vaulks also joins Wednesday as Luongo departs. Luongo could be an interesting option.

Users who are viewing this thread