Transfer Shouts (11 Viewers)

Speedie's Head

I see nobody's picking up the point that Robins made this morning - the squad will be a little smaller than last season. Remember he had asked for an expansion to cope with fixture congestion. There is also the rule change allowing for bigger benches, which will disadvantage the smaller squads. That suggests to me that the wage bill is growing unaffordably.

The aim is quality. Harry Palmer for Jones and Shippers is a start in that direction but this window will be tough if we can't match the competition for wages.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I see nobody's picking up the point that Robins made this morning - the squad will be a little smaller than last season. Remember he had asked for an expansion to cope with fixture congestion. That suggests to me that the wage bill is growing unaffordably.

The aim is quality. Harry Palmer for Jones and Shippers is a start in that direction but this window will be tough if we can't match the competition for wages.
What’s harry palmer from the ipcress file tv programme got to do with us???

The Philosopher

I think SISU play the wrong hand sometimes:

“We are a hedge fund with access to plenty of money but we choose to run a sensible model; we don’t need to sell anyone. If you want to trade, bring your big cheque”.

Is a better strategy to Boddy saying:
“we are plotless, £5m gets you any player”.

mark82

I think SISU play the wrong hand sometimes:

“We are a hedge fund with access to plenty of money but we choose to run a sensible model; we don’t need to sell anyone. If you want to trade, bring your big cheque”.

Is a better strategy to Boddy saying:
“we are plotless, £5m gets you any player”.

Neither of those things have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread