Transfer Shouts (3 Viewers)

Grendel

£17m would be my guess - including all staff. If it was £20m, that would equate to every player at the club being on £15k pw.

It was £15 m before the signing of waghorn Bidwell etc and the contract hikes

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Creative players get higher bids. Sheaf is more valuable to the team not financially but purely playing wise. Who would you rely on defensively if we are under the cosh? Hamer gets booked every game hardly disciplined. Sheaf performing his job allows hamer the time to create .

Arguing how many yellow cards Hamer gets is nothing to do with this. You said the Sheaf was more valuable, which is complete nonsense.

I must have missed this? When did we turn down £8m?

It is a figure taken from transfer rumours of several clubs including Brighton, Leeds, and Brentford. If he goes it will be somewhere between 5 and 10 million, which is still several million more than Sheaf would go for. The entire point of this ridiculous argument.

KenilworthSkyBlue

It was £15 m before the signing of waghorn Bidwell etc and the contract hikes

At the start of last season we had Mason, Jobello, Kastaneer and Bright on the books which would've been factored into that £15m - all of which have now moved on and therefore would've likely covered Bidwell's salary for this season and more.

I doubt the signing of Waghorn, as well as increases to Hamer, O'Hare, Hyam, Allen and Godden totalled more than around £2m max.

Last edited:

Bugsy

So you made the £8m up. I’ve heard £9m mentioned for Sheaf. He must be better.

and you must be warthog, boosh, etc, you stand out a mile u clown

Bugsy

Wow nothing gets past you does it, missed me?

got a good eye to spot a c**t out when I see one, still waiting for your DM hun.

cooperskyblue

i wont be panicking just yet

However one thing i will say

If we do lose Gyok or Hamer and dont replace at all

We will go down

No we won't. We were a very very good side last year, and not far off being a consistent challenger for top 6.
Whilst I agree not replacing would be a severe mis step we wouldn't go down. We have a lot of very good players who will only get better.
I've thought for a long while that this is Robins most challenging window.

3rd season back in the Champ and if you had asked any of us 4 or 5 years ago we would be moaning about potentially finishing mid table again we would have all accepted it.

It's all ifs, buts and maybes and I believe in this manager and the players we have that we will again play good football and have some memorable moments. Let's see how the squad looks in 5 weeks time.

Bugsy

rather get quality over quantity any day.

think we will be in a good place by the time the season starts.....PUSB

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Isn't that what we would rather want? Better quality? Or a big squad of average players who just aren't going to feature.
I would have thought he would want to add quality to what we have already got rather than keep the squad small, he said he had a conversation with DB and Sisu and they were gonna opperate with a bigger squad and he has made a U-turn on that now, a broken promise I think, cant have too many because Robins will lose trust and walk

saveitforthewombles

One of the problems last season was options off the bench. Don;t see any need to panic - manager signed a new contract, assuming that included talks around financial planning moving forward. Brought one in who is an upgrade on those who have moved out.

Samo

The Robins comments re operating with a smaller squad are a u turn on his close of season comments so something has changed.

Yes I thought that was worrying. Clearly the extra investment being sought has not materialized.

Sky Blue Harry H

Isn't that what we would rather want? Better quality? Or a big squad of average players who just aren't going to feature.

Was just about to post similar. It only falls down if you have a lot of injuries and no cover, If that happens, hopefully it only affects a minimal number of games. that is where a Ryan Howley type gets their chance to shine (or not) !

Edit: some of our incomings will be dependent (as has been said elsewhere) upon the likes of Kane, Waghorn, Walker et al freeing up some funds to wheeler deal.

Bugsy

Yeah I agree we will be in a good place but it seems Robins has made a U-turn

maybe that's his choice and he has come to realise that he rather has one player of Gyok calibre to two players of Waghorn and Walker effort and ability for instance.

saveitforthewombles

'At least COH didn't go'.

I can see people bargaining with themselves as time goes on.

Obviously we won't know until the transfer dealings are done, but these sound bites coming out are a bit depressing to say the least.

What are you talking about? We want to keep our best players, if valuations are met that's different but we'll have contingencies (as we always have), we want more quality, we have until Sept 1st to get things in place....not sure what's so depressing.

Stop the guesswork. Trust in the process - it's been working.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What are you talking about? We want to keep our best players, if valuations are met that's different but we'll have contingencies (as we always have), we want more quality, we have until Sept 1st to get things in place....not sure what's so depressing.

Stop the guesswork. Trust in the process - it's been working.

I am talking about the words coming from the trusted ITK's and the latest interview by Robins. Are you able to read those?

We are looking at selling Hamer, and possibly even Gyokeres with almost none of that being reinvested into the team.

'The process' as you call it looks like it might be nearing the end of its course, so it is right to be a bit concerned. I did mention that we should wait until the end of the window (which you ignored), but the things being said by trusted sources is massively worrying.

KenilworthSkyBlue

I am talking about the words coming from the trusted ITK's and the latest interview by Robins. Are you able to read those?

We are looking at selling Hamer, and possibly even Gyokeres with almost none of that being reinvested into the team.

'The process' as you call it looks like it might be nearing the end of its course, so it is right to be a bit concerned. I did mention that we should wait until the end of the window (which you ignored), but the things being said by trusted sources is massively worrying.

I think SBB was suggesting if one were to be sold then only their wages would be able to be used to bring in replacements.

saveitforthewombles

So you're saying that Robins signed a contract at the end of the season and was then completely blindsided by the fact that the club all of sudden wanted to sell the best players without any of those funds going into rebuilding? Seems an odd thing to sign up to. Even odder given the financial outlook (if anything) would be better now given season ticket and shirt sales. Yet the ITKs know more than we're being told by a (usually reserved) manager via the press when he says that yes, every player has a price but the recruitment team is then tasked with going out and finding better?

Bugsy

Perhaps but I dont think it was down to him fully, I think DB and Sisu may have played a role in it

unfortunately I can't agree, as I think its more to do with being more shrewd with the budget than Joy and Boddy making false promises to be fair mate.

learning from past mistakes e.g, Hillsner, Da Costa and co ..PUSB

Matt smith

So you're saying that Robins signed a contract at the end of the season and was then completely blindsided by the fact that the club all of sudden wanted to sell the best players without any of those funds going into rebuilding? Seems an odd thing to sign up to. Even odder given the financial outlook (if anything) would be better now given season ticket and shirt sales. Yet the ITKs know more than we're being told by a (usually reserved) manager via the press when he says that yes, every player has a price but the recruitment team is then tasked with going out and finding better?
I actually feel more positive after reading what he said in the CET

mr_monkey

So to sum up the last few pages, we know nothing but that means it's all going to go to shit

We are going to sell Hamer and Vik and get no players to replace them because we are doing up the training ground and Sisu have taken all the money (bad Sisu) and robins is pissed off and going to leave because he wants quality over quantity

Oh and boosh is back pretending to be a fruit, Matt Smith really isn't cc84cov and earlsdon has shocked everyone by being over negative for no valid reason

Have I missed anything?

saveitforthewombles

So to sum up the last few pages, we know nothing but that means it's all going to go to shit

We are going to sell Hamer and Vik and get no players to replace them because we are doing up the training ground and Sisu have taken all the money (bad Sisu) and robins is pissed off and going to leave because he wants quality over quantity

Oh and boosh is back pretending to be a fruit, Matt Smith really isn't cc84cov and earlsdon has shocked everyone by being over negative for no valid reason

Have I missed anything?

you got it - selling hamer and gyokeres to pay for a new training pitch and to give sisu a return.....all of which wasnt explained to Robins 6 weeks ago when he signed his new contract and talked about an exciting future.

Grendel

At the start of last season we had Mason, Jobello, Kastaneer and Bright on the books which would've been factored into that £15m - all of which have now moved on and therefore would've likely covered Bidwell's salary for this season and more.

I doubt the signing of Waghorn, as well as increases to Hamer, O'Hare, Hyam, Allen and Godden totalled more than around £2m max.

Gyokeres, Bidwell, Kane, Sheaf (would be on a higher pay when permanent ) and Moore

Users who are viewing this thread