Tim Fisher - "you'll be back after 3 matches" (2 Viewers)

exiled_to_Leeds

The issue with "success" bringing crowds back is that within recent memory we were in the Premier League and so by definition any winning run, when measured against competing in the top flight for so many years, will not draw back the fair weather fans. And that would apply equally if the club was still in Coventry, let alone a 70 mile round trip away.

SkyBlueUkeman

Talking about the crewe game, I was really scared before the game the implication of that loss would mean. You can pretty much pinpoint our recent plummet (although granted its been going on for almost 20 years) there. A win would have been brilliant for us. The possible (or at least the more likely) cup final and pushing on could have seen us into the playoffs and maybe ACL and Sisu would have at least delayed the squabble. That loss completely deflated the team and was all in all pretty humiliating.

Alas, football is a game of ifs and buts.

Davs

We have scored 4 goals in 2 games, but have lost both, so we can't defend.

Our few remaining "senior" players are up for sale. Those that aren't will be sold if any offer comes in for them. So we won't be able to score soon.

We have been incapable of stringing a sequence of good results together for years.

We have a 10 point deduction.

A "casual" trip to the game will mean leaving Cov at 1:30 ish for a 3pm kick off, even without taking cost into the equation. I hate to say it, but any neutral fan would be more likely to go up the M6 to Vile Park, as it would not cost that much more.

People in Northampton can watch crap football or good Rugby [and, I know good Rugby is still worse than crap football] without needing to watch crap football from a city 35 miles up the road.

Unless we win at least 10 on the bounce, "home" and away I would be amazed if we get more than 750 Cov fans turn up at sixfields. Even if we do manage this, frankly unbelievable, feat, we will be lucky to get more than 1000.

Davs

Sorry, I got a little carried away. Surely no-one would be desperate enough to go to Vile Park:slap:

GaryPendrysEyes

And what's your point? If anything the move to Northampton should have made the figures for a petition and a march go through the roof. 30K went to Crewe as many thought they'd get something out of it. A ticket to Wembley. Anyone can sit in their living room and fill in an online petition yet only half who went to that game in February did. Always been the same. 10K can go to Old Trafford but then barely that turn up for the next home game.

You seem to completely miss the fact that the Northants events, the Keep Cov in Cov publicity and march has dramatically hardened peoples views against having anything to do with Sixfields. Every survey backs this up. It is a moral and collective issue for a lot of people now.

I guess you cant see and feel that because of your history of Sisu apologism, most of us can.

Sterling Archer

Yea from the people who don't normally go, of course.
The hardened fans will not go.
Its not Coventry City it's Coventry Cobblers.

Yay! The old "Coventry Cobblers" wheeled out again.

Now I just need the following phrases to complete my SBT bingo card ...

- "Are you a SHITSU employee? Cos I have no idea why you wouldn't want to murder Joy Seppala and her family."
- "SISU FC"
- "TIM FISH-FACE"
- "JOY SEPPALA CAN SUK OF A DAWG"
- Post resembling "The club is dead and I'm off to hang myself, don't try and stop me!!!111oneoneone. Hope no one finds out I never really went to games anyway."
- Post in a thread about your favourite City moment resembling "I'm not going to Northampton. I AM A SUPER FAN! VALIDATE ME!"

Last edited:

covcity4life

Yay! The old "Coventry Cobblers" wheeled out again.

Now I just need the following phrases to complete my SBT bingo card ...

- "Are you a SHITSU employee? Cos I have no idea why you wouldn't want to murder Joy Seppala and her family."
- "SISU FC"
- "TIM FISH-FACE"
- "JOY SEPPALA CAN SUK OF A DAWG"
- Post resembling "The club is dead and I'm off to hang myself, don't try and stop me!!!111oneoneone. Hope no one finds out I never really went to games anyway."
- Post in a thread about your favourite City moment resembling "I'm not going to Northampton. I AM A SUPER FAN! VALIDATE ME!"

i fill my card 3 times a day

BINGO!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
with crowds of 700 still more than cov rugby, pity about the butts plenty of room for temp.stands.
FL wouldn't mind that as long as fixtures fulfilled

I really couldn't understand why the Butts wasn't even in the running as an option? Perfect choice as an alternative!

duffer

A good rule of thumb in all this for me is:

Crewe game: 30K
Online petition: 15K
Protest march: 5K

That's a remarkable response from someone who says that they are going to Leamington this season and is clearly gutted to be doing so.

If you want a statistic to draw proper inference from, I'd look at the one regarding average attendances whilst SISU have been in charge.

Even without all of this season's bullshit, gates at the Ricoh would have fallen again. To imagine there's any great desire to go to Northampton, even on the back of a few wins seems remarkable.

The die-hards at CCFC are the the season ticket holders. Look at those figures - we've gone from thousands to hundreds.

The people most likely to go and watch the club are the ones who now seem least likely to go, probably because they hold the team closer and therefore feel the most hurt at what's happenned.

The occasional supporters (and I'd probably include myself on this list now, having long since given up my season ticket) are never going to be arsed to organise themselves to go Northampton.

Yes, if we get a few wins you'll see some creeping back, but the reality is that we've got a paper-thin squad, a long season, and owners who can neither afford nor care sufficiently to invest to change that.

Last edited:
L

longjohnskyblue

Coming on to a fan's forums and not expecting cliches littered left right and centre?

Football is a funny old game of 2 halves!

Just give it 110% Let the ball do the talking and the fans are the twelth man

(if the fans were the twelth man, would the league dock us points for fielding too large a squad?)

theferret

I really couldn't understand why the Butts wasn't even in the running as an option? Perfect choice as an alternative!

Because it has a capacity of 3000, no segregation, a couple of turnstiles and would require at least 7000 temporary seats - and that would require planning permission from CCC, who of course, own a whacking great football stadium on the edge of town sitting empty. On top of that, don't they also own the land on which BP sits? And the FL ruled it out categorically early on.

But yeah, apart from all that it is the perfect choice :D

J

Jack Griffin

If we did start winning people probably would give in and go though to be fair....

Bump...

Though the team was winning early in the season the boycott remained strong.

spider_ricoh

Bump...

Though the team was winning early in the season the boycott remained strong.

Yes and thank god for that. The only bright spot of this miserable season has been the strength of the Sixfields boycott. Whilst SISU make me ashamed of CCFC, the fans more than make up for that with their collective "up yours" attitude.

Sba180

Hands up. I went to one game. Was on a freebie ticket, but gave in to the obligatory half time bovril and a pie. We lost 5-1, right load of old tosh and didnt go again. Stuck to away games.

Kingokings204

The odd person on here changed their stance after a few exciting matches TBF

The odd person isn't "you'll all be back" quite is it. The man is an egotistical prick. Deserves everything he gets in life. Next year less with go unless more free tickets handed out of course.

dongonzalos

The odd person isn't "you'll all be back" quite is it. The man is an egotistical prick. Deserves everything he gets in life. Next year less with go unless more free tickets handed out of course.

I know it was the exact opposite to what he thought. He only tuned into the mindset of a few people.

TurkeyTrot

I know it was the exact opposite to what he thought. He only tuned into the mindset of a few people.

Maybe he listened to some of those on the SCG. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If the momentum had of continued I'm sure a few more would have attended. None of this really helps though does it. If something doesn't give it'll be the same next season. Outside of the JR ruling the small numbers at six fields may have forced a softening in SISU and maybe the council might soften their approach too and some sort of mutually beneficial deal can be done. At the moment there are no winners

Hobo

"Odd person" being a very accurate description. Nothing will get me to Sixfields to watch home (?) game. Fisher epitomises modern business culture...treat your customers like shit.

Astute

It would be good to hear Timothy say anything interesting.

Otis

It would be good to hear Timothy say anything interesting.

Well the capacity is usually 7,500, but that is being reduced while they carry out some expansion work to the ground, so am guessing with the capacity reduced, Tim will predict something like 10,000. :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread