Tim Fisher - "you'll be back after 3 matches" (1 Viewer)

ian lollipop

You're right Nick, there are people who will go to Sixfields now, there are people who will never go and there is a large portion who will go when they feel like it. Just like the Crewe game

Every one is entitled to go or not go, or change their minds
it would be busy they would be the local natives there to see man utd or chelsea not the coventry cobblers

Otis

No, I'm just saying more people will go if we are winning

Disappointing if true.

I thought the whole point of this was that the club was being taken out of its city and plonked some 34 miles away, not that we should start going up if we suddenly start winning.

L

longjohnskyblue

If the games were at the ricoh or within the city boundary then maybe TF (fisher now being banned!) then he might have a point. Thing is sixfields is around a 70 mile round journey, so the best they will get is the crowds they get for any away game! People go as it is the local club it really is that simple! Sisu have succeeded in making supporting the NOPM campaign extremely simple!

Anyone thinking that they will be getting even semi-serious crowds is deluding themselves. In effect every game is an away game. Maybe clubs like Man U or Liverpool or Chelsea could attract large crowds away like this, coventry city are in League 1 crap manager team full of kids and a 10 point penalty!

I will be genuinely surprised if the sky blues side will get over 1500 all season (maybe for a decent cup tie but that is about it). TF is going to be very shocked at the turnout. Will not surprise me if the sky blue turnout all season is less than for 1 game at the ricoh!

sisu out

Chinny_Hill

Because if we get more successful, more people will go. I'm not saying that thousands will flock to Sixfields like it is a Mecca, just that more people would go.

I am pretty sure if we drew Man Utd or Chelsea in a cup game at Sixfields there would be a struggle for tickets...

They don't want thousands. That ground only holds 50% of our average gate last year. They are banking on people not going, lets not disappoint them.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Because if we get more successful, more people will go. I'm not saying that thousands will flock to Sixfields like it is a Mecca, just that more people would go.

I am pretty sure if we drew Man Utd or Chelsea in a cup game at Sixfields there would be a struggle for tickets...

Dont know about Mecca but the Savoy Gala on the Radford Road will probably have more in on Sunday night than Sixfields

Monners

If we get a big cup draw then the locals will snap up the tickets. Northampton is full of Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs/Utd/Liverpool "fans" Ironic is Cov fans decided to go as a one off and couldn't get a ticket.

J

Jack Griffin

I've bookmarked this thread. It will be interesting to see what actually happens.

I'm predicting that crowds will drop form whatever they are on Sunday unless Elvis gets a win.

Houdi

Not sure Man Utd or Chelsea are in the JPT.:D

I don't think Fisher and his collection of SISU rent boys have quite understood how much damage they have done.

The only way we would be back in 3 matches is if we are back playing in Coventry and he and SISU are gone.

Nick

Administrator
I've bookmarked this thread. It will be interesting to see what actually happens.

I'm predicting that crowds will drop form whatever they are on Sunday unless Elvis gets a win.

That is me saying abig if we get a winning streak...

ESB

What happens if we go on a loosing streak? Have SISU factored that into their financial model, because reality is apart from the odd blip, we've been on a 14 year loosing run.

skybluericoh

The only way:
If fisher & Seppala paraded naked around pitch then boiled in excrement.
If they were not naked Then I walk to sixfields to see that, but still won't buy a pie, so I'd try to keep to some of my NOPM it would then be NNOPM or OAFPM

Oh for an Ian Gibson.

Been a season ticket holder for many years, until now. Having made the decision not to go to Northampton I can assure you that a good run of form will not make me change my mind. If we win our next 4 games where will we be in the league ? The answer is bottom. As for drawing a top club in the cup, they don't enter until the 3rd round, by which time we will be long gone. Only a return to the Ricoh will make me reconsider.

torchomatic

A good rule of thumb in all this for me is:

Crewe game: 30K
Online petition: 15K
Protest march: 5K

I think its that's a really sad reflection of your view of City fans.

GaryPendrysEyes

If the Crewe game was after the Northants move nonsense, petition and protest march you might have a point-- but it wasnt and you dont.

torchomatic

And what's your point? If anything the move to Northampton should have made the figures for a petition and a march go through the roof. 30K went to Crewe as many thought they'd get something out of it. A ticket to Wembley. Anyone can sit in their living room and fill in an online petition yet only half who went to that game in February did. Always been the same. 10K can go to Old Trafford but then barely that turn up for the next home game.

Johnnythespider

And what's your point? If anything the move to Northampton should have made the figures for a petition and a march go through the roof. 30K went to Crewe as many thought they'd get something out of it. A ticket to Wembley. Anyone can sit in their living room and fill in an online petition yet only half who went to that game in February did. Always been the same. 10K can go to Old Trafford but then barely that turn up for the next home game.
Which should tell us that there is very little chance of many going to northants regardless of league form.

dadgad

A good rule of thumb in all this for me is:

Crewe game: 30K
Online petition: 15K
Protest march: 5K

The Crewe gate was actually the voice of a dying swan. A "protest" at
much that had gone on before and a hopeful gesture towards any would be suitor waiting in the wings.

Not that some would choose to see it that way, hey?

cloughie

and an 11,000 average home gate now becomes only 5.000 can be bothered to march,

so accordinging to you the others could not be bothered as it did noy matter

Sorry but rubbish

I know many that just couldn't go at the short notice due to commitments, and yes some people I know do 'follow' the city but don't go very often, yet they were on the march

now who draws the line on who is a real supporter?

Users who are viewing this thread