Tim Fisher - "you'll be back after 3 matches" (1 Viewer)

CarpyCov84

Just read on cov mad website fisher thinks the protest & boycott won't last and we will be back supporting them in Northampton after 3 games...

Thinks were weak by the sounds of it...

chiefdave

he said something at the forums along the line of win a few games and everyone will come back I think (just going from memory). obviously that plan relies on actually winning some games which means stop shipping goals like it's going out of fashion.

think he's mistaken to be honest, we've had enough false dawns that a couple of wins isn't going to bring fans flooding back.

Nick

Administrator
If we did start winning people probably would give in and go though to be fair....

Grendel

I think its that's a really sad reflection of your view of City fans.

Your right - most fans don't go when we are playing in Coventry.

Nick

Administrator

Look at the Crewe game as an example...

I am not saying EVERYBODY will give up and go, but if we start winning and get a few new faces people will give in and go.

bigfatronssba

I am not saying EVERYBODY will give up and go, but if we start winning and get a few new faces people will give in and go.

I think that's a very cynical view of the world, I think in reality people are more principled.

TheUKGryphon

I remember when he said that and to me it was like a red rag to a bull. It made me even more determined not to go.

Nonleagueherewecome

Agreed. It's been a hideous ordeal to drag myself along for the past few season's: dragging myself all the way to Northampton because a team that doesn't feel like CCFC have won a couple of poxy L1 games against people who aren't actually good enough at football to justifiably draw a wage for it is about as enticing as gargling domestos whilst listening to Big Ron sing The Hits of The Rat-pack. We are not an enticing prospect, even with a few wins.

Nick

Administrator
I think that's a very cynical view of the world, I think in reality people are more principled.

OK, so we start winning and get a chance to go to Wembley and play Crewe at the Ricoh and fill it out but the next league game and the one before when we were at home (in Coventry) the attendances were below half that...

It is just the truth, if we start winning and get success people will go. I'm not saying everybody will give up and go, just some...

covhead1

How can you compare the crewe game to CCFC playing in northamton FFS

Nonleagueherewecome

OK, so we start winning and get a chance to go to Wembley and play Crewe at the Ricoh and fill it out but the next league game and the one before when we were at home (in Coventry) the attendances were below half that...

It is just the truth, if we start winning and get success people will go. I'm not saying everybody will give up and go, just some...

I think a very low % of the people who aren't going (because of their principles) would suddenly start to go because of a few wins (because of...their principles!).

Nick

Administrator
How can you compare the crewe game to CCFC playing in northamton FFS

Because if we get more successful, more people will go. I'm not saying that thousands will flock to Sixfields like it is a Mecca, just that more people would go.

I am pretty sure if we drew Man Utd or Chelsea in a cup game at Sixfields there would be a struggle for tickets...

Nonleagueherewecome

Because if we get more successful, more people will go. I'm not saying that thousands will flock to Sixfields like it is a Mecca, just that more people would go.

Yeah, maybe about 50 more people.

ArchieLittle

I am pretty sure if we drew Man Utd or Chelsea in a cup game at Sixfields there would be a struggle for tickets...

You're right Nick, there are people who will go to Sixfields now, there are people who will never go and there is a large portion who will go when they feel like it. Just like the Crewe game

Every one is entitled to go or not go, or change their minds

Mr T - Sukka!

I will never step foot in Nortampton. No matter how well they are doing. We are shit btw. Harsh but true.

And to this point have a look at these facts the mighty SISU have created:

-10 points.
Played 2 lost 2.
Debt piling up.
Coventry not in Coventry.
Lowest crowds ever predicted.

Whichever way you look at it disaster is on the horizon with SISU in charge.

I would have Bryan Richardson over SISU and thats how bad they are!

ajsccfc

The vast majority of people staying away on principle will continue regardless. Some of those are likely to have ummed and ahhed over the decision not to go so a bit of good form would be enough of a sway to bring them round. It's human nature.

italiahorse

No we won't.
You miss the point again.
We don't want to go because it is not in Coventry.
We don't won't to go because the future plans are a backward step and we will become a permanent league 1 side.
Stay longer than a few games and most will move on.

Vedere

By saying that TF is basically saying Coventry fans are glory supporters.

I appreciate your point Nick about the Crewe game but as it has been said, we're one o the least successful (in terms of being in play-offs or finishing top 6) teams in the country in the last 50 years. That was a slight glimmer of hope in a dim existence as City fans!

However, that was before we were shipped out of Coventry! I can't see it! If we got a glamour tie in a cup then I'm sure it would be sold out - with neutrals and The big team's fans from Coventry!

Over the years the number of times I've gone to games that were full of Arsenal/Liverpool/Man Utd fans in the home end (without colours but from Cov) is just crazy!

italiahorse

Yea from the people who don't normally go, of course.
The hardened fans will not go.
Its not Coventry City it's Coventry Cobblers.

georgehudson

OSB58's calculation of cost for a season @ N'thampton, was accurate, i.e. anywhere between £690 & £960,
Fisher, imho, is undoubtedly the worst CEO to have ever been at this club,
his actions, along with the other buffoons, Dulieu, Brody, Igwe, Seppala, etc., means that a whole generation of fans will be lost,
yet he (Fisher), continues to trot out utter bilge,
if he believes what he is saying, there must be a case for questioning his validity for CEO,
sorry, but in my opinion he is that low, that;
'he could parachute from a snakes a*** & freefall half way to the ground'

Vedere

Excellent point George, that is one of the saddest things in all of this: a lost generation of City fans! It's bad enough seeing so many Liverpool/Arsenal/Man Utd (and now Chelsea and Man City) 'fans' around Coventry, it's only going to get worse!

Nonleagueherewecome

I really hope nothing kicks off at sixfields apart from the match. We want our plight to be reported and sympathised with and a few idiots could overshadow this if they get a bit worked up.

Users who are viewing this thread