Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Ticket prices v Plymouth boxing day

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 7943
  • Start date Start date
East Stand & West Stand pretty much sold out apart from a few single seats.
Behind the goals if you want multiple seats together then all that is available is near the front or back, nothing in the middle now.
Lower tier hospitality is sold out including boxes.
Prefer the West Stand because as an old git it's much easier to get to the bogs and they are fairly empty compared to other parts of the ground.
 
Do Plymouth have local Championship teams?

The nearest is Bristol, two and a half hours on a good day, funnily enough they just played them last Saturday.
I met a Plymouth fan last season when we played them away from Redruth in Cornwall and he said he never misses a game the mad bastard :ROFLMAO:

I maintain numbers wise they probably have the most impressive support in the country! At least Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough all have eachother and a few teams in Yorkshire that ain't a million miles away

Plymouth unless they find themselves in the same League as Exeter have fuck all close to them and as you mentioned their closest game this season was Bristol City which is still a mission away
 
See Man U have done away with concession pricing.
Sure more clubs will follow. It's disgusting.
Yeah-was going to mention that but you beat me to it. Just pure greed but the way the Premier League is heading now with the day trippers/tourists etc, I’d be surprised if attendances take off.
 
I wonder what sort of credit card debt people have these days. Plastic makes it so easy for to folk to get into trouble and just buy what they want irrespective of value.
I doubt they would be rushing to part with so much if they had to actually hand over some of those notes from those little brown envelope pay packets they used to give out.
 
I wonder what sort of credit card debt people have these days. Plastic makes it so easy for to folk to get into trouble and just buy what they want irrespective of value.
I doubt they would be rushing to part with so much if they had to actually hand over some of those notes from those little brown envelope pay packets they used to give out.

Or if those pay packets had an equivalent amount of money in…
 
Wow I am looking at taking the whole family this year, that's nearly 200 quid!!!!
Do I have to pay for my 3 year old granddaughter who will probably only last the first half?
 
Bless you for thinking Wayne Rooney will still be manager on Boxing Day!

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
To be fair to wazza what is the expectation for them. They do okay at home and shit away. Isn’t that the same as last year. As long as they are outside the three spots surely he doesn’t get sacked?
 
Absolute shambles but whilst people keep paying it nothing will change. Looking at the ticket site, i reckon only around 1K seats left in the whole ground.
Exactly, and I'm as bad as the next man.
I'm always complaining about ticket prices, especially ours but continue to go to nearly every single game.
While us mugs keep paying they'll keep asking!!
 
We played Villa at home on Boxing Day, so I doubt it's an actual rule.
 
Paying £90 to take me and two kids to this sucked! Lamps better have the deck marked for this one.
 
Paying £90 to take me and two kids to this sucked! Lamps better have the deck marked for this one.

Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by CBS
Leonardo Dicaprio GIF by CBS
 
About 200 left now. Hope Plymouth can shift a few more.
 
Can't we have some of the away seating if Plymouth can't shift there's like against Crewe in the JPT semi final
 
Can't we have some of the away seating if Plymouth can't shift there's like against Crewe in the JPT semi final
Last 2 away games Plymouth have just scraped a 1K following. Due to our crazy pricing especially for kids i can't see many of them travelling at all especially with their current league position.
 
Prices are still shit irrespective of the crowd tbh
So What Sooo GIF by Satish Gaire
Agreed re: kids - but most of us aren't affected due to having STs. I'd be interested to have a look at the club's cash flow/balance sheet at the moment. I suppose with limited revenue streams, it's inevitable the club are likely to have high matchday prices, It doesn't help that Doug looks like a toff. so a few think he is lining his own pockets (easy target)..
 
It’s the same as every price argument. Any business is going to charge what the maximum is. I happen to think £37 for championship football isn’t terrible and especially on a prime day. It’s the same argument every time …. What would be fair? £30? Talking about a £7 difference which is 1 pint at the ground.

The proof is always in sales. The fact is looking to be a sell out or close to makes the argument redundant . If we had only 14/15k going fans would be right to question. Although i understand most people are annoyed at kid prices which is fair enough.
 
Well impact of a certain planning consideration gets either approved or not today!
Either meaning Fraser's might hop it or maybe stick around!
 
I know people don’t want to hear it, but using the normal metric of supply & demand, most clubs in the top two divisions are undercharging for tickets
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom