Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Ticket prices v Plymouth boxing day

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 7943
  • Start date Start date
Fans moan about prices and being exploited, but while they keep buying and selling out they will keep going up. Fans are part of their own problem.
 
They were on about pricing on talksport today and some Fulham fans was paying £400 for 2 adults and a 4 year old Fucking ridiculous.
 
Yep, Plymouth fans deserve better. It’s not fair and very short sighted of the club using the current price structure.

£37 quid to see 2 teams down on their form. Oh, wait a minute…Frank and Wayne are the real reason for going to the game.

They’ll be increasing ticket prices as long as we continue to pay.

Season tickets next?

The people who make these decisions haven’t got a clue what disposable income people have.
 
Doug has a vision on how we will reach the Prem. It won't come cheap. I tried having this conversation on here but continually got shot down for being anti Doug. All I got back was it would be our club paying for Frank and whoever he brought in and it wouldn't cost him anything. Prices like this are our contribution to going forward with his plans.

We will have the choice. Season tickets for all or an expensive couple of hours at the game. Without season tickets it would cost us for 2 adults and 2 children about the same for a day at Drayton Manor. When we're doing well the game would be tempting. Otherwise there's only one winner.

We're used to recent years of running our club on a small budget. Bums on seats and the occasional player sale kept our heads above water. Looks like them days are gone. Is it right? Certainly not in my view. It is going to price a lot of people out of going.
I’ll stop going if I can’t justify spending my money.
 
I’m not entirely sure I want promotion to the Premier league. I know that might not be a popular opinion.

I just don’t think the extra costs will be justified. I enjoy the product that is championship football more than the premier league offering. I think the games are often more entertaining to watch and I like the fact that for the most part; there isn’t a huge disparity of wealth between the clubs resulting in a much closer league.
 
I’m not entirely sure I want promotion to the Premier league. I know that might not be a popular opinion.

I just don’t think the extra costs will be justified. I enjoy the product that is championship football more than the premier league offering. I think the games are often more entertaining to watch and I like the fact that for the most part; there isn’t a huge disparity of wealth between the clubs resulting in a much closer league.

And no fucking VAR
 
I’m not entirely sure I want promotion to the Premier league. I know that might not be a popular opinion.

I just don’t think the extra costs will be justified. I enjoy the product that is championship football more than the premier league offering. I think the games are often more entertaining to watch and I like the fact that for the most part; there isn’t a huge disparity of wealth between the clubs resulting in a much closer league.
Plus who wants to get promoted only to see your side beat every week, get relegated with a load of debt. That's the reality.
 
Tickets absolutely flying out for this now. Not really that many left.
I swear people complaining about the prices are STHs who it doesn’t really impact. Totally understand the Plymouth fans kicking up a fuss.
 
It must be priced at £5 a goal
 
Football prices are fucked across the board. All Plymouth have to do is point at some of our prices and job done.

4 hours for Boxing Day is ridiculous too. They should be scheduled so that they are as local as possible. Imagine the two Sheffield clubs doing Boxing Day and NYD home and away. Would be a great spectacle as well as perfectly convenient for the festive season.
 
Football prices are fucked across the board. All Plymouth have to do is point at some of our prices and job done.

4 hours for Boxing Day is ridiculous too. They should be scheduled so that they are as local as possible. Imagine the two Sheffield clubs doing Boxing Day and NYD home and away. Would be a great spectacle as well as perfectly convenient for the festive season.
Aren't most clubs in debt ? They have to run a business and in an inflationary last couple of years. Ticket prices at EFL level seem reasonable to me.

Do agree entirely on the travelling at Christmas. Close proximity "derby" matches would save travel expenses for fans & max revenues for clubs.
 
Aren't most clubs in debt ? They have to run a business and in an inflationary last couple of years. Ticket prices at EFL level seem reasonable to me.

Do agree entirely on the travelling at Christmas. Close proximity "derby" matches would save travel expenses for fans & max revenues for clubs.

Maybe they should stop promising millions of pounds to very average footballers.
 
Sc ds as
To be honest I couldn’t stomach the prices without a ST. It’s not a consistently entertaining enough experience.
id be pretty narked if i‘d paid £37 for some of the games. But they wont get many more takers for the Plymouth game.
 
Football prices are fucked across the board. All Plymouth have to do is point at some of our prices and job done.

4 hours for Boxing Day is ridiculous too. They should be scheduled so that they are as local as possible. Imagine the two Sheffield clubs doing Boxing Day and NYD home and away. Would be a great spectacle as well as perfectly convenient for the festive season.
The police often won't allow Derby games on Boxing Days
 
  • Like
Reactions: SBT
Pretty sure back in the old days my Grandad told me all Christmas games were always local derby's only to stop people having to travel far.
Remember us playing Stoke on Boxing day at home once at Highfield Road in about 1906 or something.
 
Remember us playing Stoke on Boxing day at home once at Highfield Road in about 1906 or something.
You must have a stack of telegrams from the Queen and King! 😃 Guinness Book of Records would like to hear from you ...
 
One ruled offside?
No, overall goals against Plymouth. They have just conceded 10 in 2 games. To be fair, with goals conceded and for from both teams, there might be a lot on show when we play them.

Not to detract from the fact that ticket prices are high mind. I am starting to see better VFM in a season ticket.
 
You must have a stack of telegrams from the Queen and King! 😃 Guinness Book of Records would like to hear from you ...
Well. You will certainly remember us beating Villa 3-0 on boxing day in the early 90s.
Rosario & Quinn were on fire that day.
Well worth £37
 
As I'm a staunch anti monarchist I hope not. Guinness would be fine but a waste now,no booze for 6 weeks so far.
At such a ripe old age I'd have thought you'd be indulging yourself more rather than denying yourself pleasures of the flesh.
 
Boxing Day is always a good seller no matter what the prices are.

Just been up the CBS to get a couple of tickets for family members.
Nothing but single tickets near me and that was the case all the way round to block 18, (got them in 12 in the end which technically is near me but obviously you can't walk round!).

Not sure how the North stand was looking.
 
Football prices are fucked across the board. All Plymouth have to do is point at some of our prices and job done.

4 hours for Boxing Day is ridiculous too. They should be scheduled so that they are as local as possible. Imagine the two Sheffield clubs doing Boxing Day and NYD home and away. Would be a great spectacle as well as perfectly convenient for the festive season.

Do Plymouth have local Championship teams?

The nearest is Bristol, two and a half hours on a good day, funnily enough they just played them last Saturday.
 
Just been up the CBS to get a couple of tickets for family members.
Nothing but single tickets near me and that was the case all the way round to block 18, (got them in 12 in the end which technically is near me but obviously you can't walk round!).

Not sure how the North stand was looking.
I bought tickets for the West stand for Plymouth and then Millwall but could not get 2 seats together.
 
East Stand & West Stand pretty much sold out apart from a few single seats.
Behind the goals if you want multiple seats together then all that is available is near the front or back, nothing in the middle now.
Lower tier hospitality is sold out including boxes.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom