Things that annoy you (8 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Have done two flights today to get home - was touch and go all the time with the logistics of the trip , the airports were packed and the taxi we got back home in should have been sanitised as a favour to public health and condemned and to cap it all the effing passport E gate wouldn’t recognise my picture - it’s virtually brand new - arse rant over
East Midlands?

robbiekeane

If anything it seems to be the opposite. Unless a year away from arseholes has just made me more sensitive to them.
I think it’s a combination. I think I’m much more conscious of personal space and just hygiene, but also fucking idiots have forgotten how to function.

Also, someone came to the office the other day and was blowing her nose every two seconds and was visibly sick. Fuck off! Have you learnt nothing? You’re not that important

Nick

Administrator
I think it’s a combination. I think I’m much more conscious of personal space and just hygiene, but also fucking idiots have forgotten how to function.

Also, someone came to the office the other day and was blowing her nose every two seconds and was visibly sick. Fuck off! Have you learnt nothing? You’re not that important

She had a cold? People go to work with runny noses, imagine if everybody rang in sick with that. 😂

Reactions: vow

fernandopartridge

She had a cold? People go to work with runny noses, imagine if everybody rang in sick with that.
You don't need to ring in sick, employers enforced home working when it suited them and it's in their interests to have people work from home if they're ill. There aren't many office jobs that can't be carried out remotely.

robbiekeane

She had a cold? People go to work with runny noses, imagine if everybody rang in sick with that. 😂
She doesn’t have to ring in sick does she, just stay at home and work remotely? Could’ve been cold could’ve been the flu? Have we learnt nothing about contagion in the last two years

I don’t want the fucking flu because you want to look like a hero at work

Nick

Administrator
A few things just from lunchtime.

1. People who work in shops who are slow as fuck, there's a queue of 5 people but they have to finish stacking the shelf at snail pace before they slowly walk over and serve each person slowly like they had inconvenienced them.
2. Meal deals gone up in price
3. Meal deal pasta no longer has a fork in.

shmmeee

A few things just from lunchtime.

1. People who work in shops who are slow as fuck, there's a queue of 5 people but they have to finish stacking the shelf at snail pace before they slowly walk over and serve each person slowly like they had inconvenienced them.
2. Meal deals gone up in price
3. Meal deal pasta no longer has a fork in.

1 always pisses me off. When I worked retail it was drummed into me that IRL customers come before anything else you’re doing. If you’re on stock and the queues are building you stop and jump on a till.

Nick

Administrator
1 always pisses me off. When I worked retail it was drummed into me that IRL customers come before anything else you’re doing. If you’re on stock and the queues are building you stop and jump on a till.

It's terrible now, Tesco at the Ricoh is the worst for it.

Never seen queues like it as they only have about 4 checkouts open in peak times.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

It's terrible now, Tesco at the Ricoh is the worst for it.

Never seen queues like it as they only have about 4 checkouts open in peak times.
It's because most supermarkets want you to do self service tills so they make sure there are always huge queues at the manned check outs.
Asda in the centre of Rugby has now more self sev checkouts than manned checkouts .
It's bloody awful. People now using self sev with huge trolley loads and somewhere down the line the red light flashes because there's a bagging problem or barcode reader is wrong. The person who stands around fixing these problems would be better employed sitting at a till actually putting these items through ...ironically.

Nick

Administrator
It's because most supermarkets want you to do self service tills so they make sure there are always huge queues at the manned check outs.
Asda in the centre of Rugby has now more self sev checkouts than manned checkouts .
It's bloody awful. People now using self sev with huge trolley loads and somewhere down the line the red light flashes because there's a bagging problem or barcode reader is wrong. The person who stands around fixing these problems would be better employed sitting at a till actually putting these items through ...ironically.

Yeah, the thing is at the Ricoh is if you have more than a basket's worth it isn't practical to do self service because there's no room.

It's alright with a few things or lunch to just go through self serve but if you need more, no chance.

The Ricoh Tesco is a bit of a state now anyway, half the shops inside empty and half the shutters on checkouts always down.

SkyBlueSoul

Prefixing a club with their manager's name just because they were a big name i.e. Frank Lampard's Derby (now Wayne Rooney's Derby), BBC Sport announcing that "Kompany's Burnley start at Huddersfield" etc.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Supermarket shopplng mines a long rant wait till you have time for a beer.Biggest shop in bedworth her choice not mine.Park the car in big parking space.Take your "we know everything about you"" card otherwise you'll get robbed beyond belief also coin for trolloy saves you going up down back up.Lift not working for the upteen time this month have to use travelator.Start to shop find the isles full of pickers(shops for shopping warehouses for picking) cannot use isle nearest tills blocked with people trying to get out .When you finish you shopping you make your way to self service tills,barcodé réaders shit.Hope you've got nothing with a tagg on attracting an assistants is nigh on impossilbe.Leave the shop over 2 hours later must get out a bit quick 3 hours nearly up.Forget to gét can opener ,twat next to me léft loads of room for himself I could not get a fagpapér between us.Picked up pétrol passed Asda later in the day to find it 4 p liter.cheapér.Tesco motto should be "every little helps maké us richer"

Tommo1993

That BP on the A45 at the Stretton junction towards Drugby is feeling Billy Big Bollocks. £2.03 per litre on diesel. Mind you, that was on Monday. Could be £2.08 by now.

Terry Gibson's perm

I drive past one on the a5 each night they must be getting a delivery daily as the price increases every day by a penny minimum 194.9 for diesel.

Tonight filled my wife’s i20 up cost £81.

Greggs

Constantly being the positive/happy person who helps people who are down or upset, yet when you have a dark day or two and reach out for help but the people you need just talk about their own shit again. Fucking give up. Life is shit. No fucking point

Seaside-Skyblue

Constantly being the positive/happy person who helps people who are down or upset, yet when you have a dark day or two and reach out for help but the people you need just talk about their own shit again. Fucking give up. Life is shit. No fucking point
Sorry if I've read this wrong mate or misunderstood but are you ok? I know you don't know me but if you ever need a chat, vent, listening ear feel free to drop me a message I'm sure many on here would also be happy to do the same.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Greggs

Sorry if I've read this wrong mate or misunderstood but are you ok? I know you don't know me but if you ever need a chat, vent, listening ear feel free to drop me a message I'm sure many on here would also be happy to do the same.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Cheers mate. Just having a few dark days and life weighing heavy. Appreciate the kindness.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Cheers mate. Just having a few dark days and life weighing heavy. Appreciate the kindness.

Well I don't know you from Adam and I struggle with the black dog too...
...but you make me chuckle, so just thought I'd remind you of that power you have.....its important.
Chin up. Head down. Back against the wall. Skin up. Chill out. It's all gravy.

Sky Blue Harry H

All the bl**dy strikes. Where do they all think the money will come from? It's a vicious circle and it's almost as if the unions etc are oblivious to the fact that there is a major war affecting everything that feeds into these cost hikes. Bet Vladimir is bl**dy loving it.. What happened to a bit of true Brit grit. Yes I know a lot will be struggling, but everything is relative, and I know a lot of the rail workers are not in that category. The fact is we will all have to chip in to help offset the effects - rant over.

ccfctommy

All the bl**dy strikes. Where do they all think the money will come from? It's a vicious circle and it's almost as if the unions etc are oblivious to the fact that there is a major war affecting everything that feeds into these cost hikes. Bet Vladimir is bl**dy loving it.. What happened to a bit of true Brit grit. Yes I know a lot will be struggling, but everything is relative, and I know a lot of the rail workers are not in that category. The fact is we will all have to chip in to help offset the effects - rant over.

Haha it's three days of rail strikes. I doubt Vladimir will give a fuck and since when is 'true Brit grit' meant accepting your shitty lot and not complaining? Seems like the opposite to me

Alan Dugdales Moustache

"Let's go Andy, let's go ! " Always annoying from the rabble on the SW19 terraces this time of year.

JAM See

Passive aggressive complaining.
There's really no need to take that tone with me.

I mean, I agree with you but I just wish you'd dial it back a bit.

Are you okay with that?

I'm not having a go, but y'know?

Think about how I feel, that's all I'm saying.

Reactions: vow

fernandopartridge

You're usually a rational poster but this is utter nonsense

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Alan Dugdales Moustache

There's really no need to take that tone with me.

I mean, I agree with you but I just wish you'd dial it back a bit.

Are you okay with that?

I'm not having a go, but y'know?

Think about how I feel, that's all I'm saying.
"With respect" . We all know what that means.

Sky Blue Harry H

You're usually a rational poster but this is utter nonsense

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's probably too much time in the sun. I think a lot of it stems from my nephew, who (having moved jobs) can't believe how generous his pay and conditions are working for the National Railwork, Signalman up near Newcastle.
The other bit, I genuinely don't get, is where people expect 10% etc pay rises and not considering where the money comes from. An example (let's say teachers - and I worked with them for decades, so have empathy for the profession) Give them 10% and their employers pension costs etc increase, so schools need to cut staff to balance the books or need to get budgets increased massively, as their salaries account for crudely 70% of budget costs) The government have to find that money from somewhere - us, in increased taxes. Give lots of the population more money through salary increases and the cost of the services they provide increase. Bus fares, train journeys, prices in shops. I'm just saying I think it's a vicious circle. To those who disagree with me, I never studied Economics to any great degree, so will bow to those that did!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread