Things that annoy you (5 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Those who will join the tens of thousands of people demonstrating about the cost of living, just as an excuse to cause trouble. (total sympathy with all genuine peaceful protesters. - cant' be doing with that (and apologies in advance if it doesn't kick off). As an aside, my nephew works for the rail service in the North East and works about 3 days in every 10, due to night shifts etc, and says he can't believe the pay and conditions they have (having moved from elsewhere). If he does any extra days he gets enhanced pay, plus additional days off in lieu. He thinks it's madness, and he realises it's strong unions that have got him these fantastic benefits, but can't believe it when he hears some of his colleagues moan about anything they are asked to do.

Sky Blue Harry H

People like those in the background on this video

Lad has a fucking sword and they are complaining about the police.

Joke response from some interferers on the sidelines, saying fair enough if it was a paedophile. Moaning about police behaviour, then saying fair enough depending on their 'crime' as if it's ok then for police to be judge and jury. Some people fry my brain.

ovduk78

I work for a supermarket and the amount of food we daily throw away is scandalous. We can give all the ambient stuff that is going out of date ( ie bread, fruit & veg etc.) to charities but we can't give them any of the chilled items. I asked the store manager why this was and she said it was something to do with the charities need to pass food & safety rules to be able to take it and store it. I asked why we don't freeze it but they can't take frozen food either. People are starving and unable to afford to buy food and supermarkets are throwing perfectly good food in the bin, it is madness!!

ovduk78

There is that app now called too good to bin or something, I installed it and you can go and collect a bag of food for really cheap to save it being thrown.
They are reduced in the shop but a lot is still left. The staff are allowed to take anything they want home but there is still loads thrown in the bin. It was the same when I worked at Greggs. All cakes, pastries and sandwiches were binned at the end of the day, we had to have all gold star products available until closing times and would make sandwiches or bake sausage rolls just to bin them. I used to lie on the system and say I made them & binned them when I hadn't and as soon as all wastage was accounted for I would give it away or take some home.

Reactions: vow

Nick

Administrator
Greggs are on that app now.

You can register and it gives you times you can go and pick up a bag of food for cheap that would otherwise be binned.

Have never tried it as it would cost me more in fuel to get to most of them than it would to just walk to Tesco.

SBAndy

Greggs are on that app now.

You can register and it gives you times you can go and pick up a bag of food for cheap that would otherwise be binned.

Have never tried it as it would cost me more in fuel to get to most of them than it would to just walk to Tesco.

Do you have to pay a membership or anything? Looked into it before and thought I saw that you do.

Nick

Administrator
Do you have to pay a membership or anything? Looked into it before and thought I saw that you do.

I don't think so, I just installed the app and it didn't ask for anything.

You can then just buy discounted bags of food, can even get a cheap carvery!

OffenhamSkyBlue

People like those in the background on this video

Lad has a fucking sword and they are complaining about the police.

The bystanders/interferers clearly have no clue about "control and restraint" techniques, which is what the plod on his legs was doing. Matey-boy in the lycra had it right - stay calm and they won't do this to you.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Common problem I guess. People can drive elsewhere. The town centre in Bedworth is truly depressing.
shmmeee you obviously have not stopped and looked at our new piece of art work in front of the church.That only cost ratepayer £50,000 feel certain you will enjoy looking at it.While we have a police force that on Sunday could not answer a call I tried to make regarding 2 teenagers I had seen on the M6 meaning I had to bother the emergency services.A police force that last night failed to send a car 'to a RTA on A444 for more than 20 minutes while an ambulance with victims in sat in a dangerous position.There again we must have our art.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I work for a supermarket and the amount of food we daily throw away is scandalous. We can give all the ambient stuff that is going out of date ( ie bread, fruit & veg etc.) to charities but we can't give them any of the chilled items. I asked the store manager why this was and she said it was something to do with the charities need to pass food & safety rules to be able to take it and store it. I asked why we don't freeze it but they can't take frozen food either. People are starving and unable to afford to buy food and supermarkets are throwing perfectly good food in the bin, it is madness!!

I was sacked from my part-time job in a chippy back in my youth for giving food away to the homeless & hopeless at the end of the night.......

....I was put on a warning & told it must go in the food waste bin (pig bin as it was back then) or it would encourage more "scroungers" to arrive for free food....

.....to be fair, the boos was right.... it did......the chippy looked more like a soup kitchen come closing time......but I gave the food way anyway & received my first ever sacking.

OffenhamSkyBlue

There’s a fucking huge amount I miss about the pandemic. No prick within six feet of me in a queue or on a train or tram, all the thick fuckers off the road, remote working, limited capacity gyms, cheap flights.
We all thought it would be a kind of reset as far as personal space and being nice to each other went, didn't we? Evidently not, then!!

Nick

Administrator
Recently after getting flights etc, you have no choice. Airport buses refuse to move until there's literally no space to breath.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Is that the wonky railing?
Nick it is.When they remove the armco barrieir from last nights RTA they could put that somewhere else in Bedworth as well.to improve the town.Mind you at the rate the barrier in the center of the town (where people walk) is being replaced 3 months and counting.It would be a long time coming.Second rant of a bad day over Ill go and have a lie down now.

Mcbean

Have done two flights today to get home - was touch and go all the time with the logistics of the trip , the airports were packed and the taxi we got back home in should have been sanitised as a favour to public health and condemned and to cap it all the effing passport E gate wouldn’t recognise my picture - it’s virtually brand new - arse rant over

Sbarcher

"Influencers", particularly on YouTube, but anywhere else as well.
The mere concept of them, never mind their fucking total self-absorption and belief that people care what they say. Scourge on children's upbringing and parasites on society.
Add absolutely nothing to society and suggest to kids that this is a “career”.

Users who are viewing this thread