Things that annoy you (6 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

I always try and get served by a person as it costs the same and it keeps somebody in work, these supermarkets would love it if we do all the work next they will ask you to stack the shelves on the way round.
I've been reading a lot about this sort of stuff. Apparently we should expect a sort of 'neo-Luddite' movement where people resist the changes bought about by automation as they see unemployment rising and a few people becoming very wealthy.

Nick

Administrator
Fat families with their fat ugly kids at the self service checkout spilling over onto the tills either side. Then proceed to take ages as the fat ugly parents let their fat ugly kids scan everything through.

Shit drivers in general, but shit drivers with dash cams are really pissing me off lately.

I hate it when kids are obese, obviously if an actual medical condition it's OK but there's no way a small kid should be massively fat as thats down to the parents. Lack of exercise, too much junk food.

bringbackrattles

So called works of art that sell for silly money. In the paper today there's a Picasso painting that sold for £50 million. It is of a woman who was his young lover it says, it looks like something you'd paint if you'd just had a load of magic mushrooms ! I like art but it niggles me when someone has said this is genius so let's sell it for obscene money. Garbage !

Terry Gibson's perm

I was annoyed but now happy.

Following the potential poisoning of the ex spy May is now saying dignitaries may not be able to go the World Cup good why should they travel there at our cost with loads of security and then swan about if they are unhappy about it let them travel with no security and pay for their own fares.

covmark

Certain aspects of our justice system annoy the shit out of me.
Two stories came on our local news channel this evening, one after the other.
The first one. A bloke who killed a woman and seriously injured her 2 children and husband after he ploughed into the back of them on the motorway was found to have been driving without a licence for 40 years. His punishment, 12 months suspended sentence.
The second one. A gang of fraudsters who made a load of money through dodgy internet websites have been sentenced to 35 years between them. The longest sentence was 18 years I think.
Absolutely fucking mind boggling.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Certain aspects of our justice system annoy the shit out of me.
Two stories came on our local news channel this evening, one after the other.
The first one. A bloke who killed a woman and seriously injured her 2 children and husband after he ploughed into the back of them on the motorway was found to have been driving without a licence for 40 years. His punishment, 12 months suspended sentence.
The second one. A gang of fraudsters who made a load of money through dodgy internet websites have been sentenced to 35 years between them. The longest sentence was 18 years I think.
Absolutely fucking mind boggling.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
We keep hearing that our justice system is the best in the world. But why when you read/hear about sentences given out that are weak and often bizarre ?
If you steal money from a bank in a robbery you will get a hefty sentence, but if you molest a child or kill someone by dangerous driving you may get a light sentence. The sentences don't match the crime. As someone who's done time in the past I deserved to go to prison, but I was banged up with many prisoners who were doing a few weeks only, when you'd think for the crime commited they'd be in a lot longer.

Nick

Administrator
Car insurance, multi car discount, customer for 8 years.

Cheaper for me to buy 2 policies separately than get multi car discount?

Nick

Administrator

Hassle them, it's suddenly halved from what they told me it was to change car when I tell them gocompare tells me it's cheaper and give them quote references.

Robdogs.

NorthernWisdom

Not sure who's actually to blame, but whoever was responsible for the parking farce at Walsgrave.

Cars at a standstill, some geniuses decided to cut up the queue by going on the opposite side of the road... with inevitable results that that got blocked, too. Car park attendants doing little in the way of attending, people shouting, nothing moving whatsoever.

Glad I walked!

Westendlad

Not sure who's actually to blame, but whoever was responsible for the parking farce at Walsgrave.

Cars at a standstill, some geniuses decided to cut up the queue by going on the opposite side of the road... with inevitable results that that got blocked, too. Car park attendants doing little in the way of attending, people shouting, nothing moving whatsoever.

Glad I walked!
Thanks.......was trying to blank Walsgrave.Had to go there earlier on......£3 70 for less than 2 hours........ROBBING BASTARDS.....

SBAndy

Hassle them, it's suddenly halved from what they told me it was to change car when I tell them gocompare tells me it's cheaper and give them quote references.

Robdogs.

Admiral by any chance? Phoned up on my last renewal and magically the renewal quote shed £200 before I took it up. Unbelievable how valuable a phone call is at times.

fernandopartridge

Admiral by any chance? Phoned up on my last renewal and magically the renewal quote shed £200 before I took it up. Unbelievable how valuable a phone call is at times.
Unbelievable how disingenuous the robbing bastard insurance companies are. Imagine going into a pub and every week they try to put the price of a pint up!

Otis

Dogs that suddenly drag behind you when you are walking them.

They are nearly always in front of you, but sometimes they will lag behind and sometimes they suddenly stop and you carrying on walking and you feel this tremendous dead stop tug on your lead. I hate that and it does really annoy me.

Sometimes you have to give a little tug and sometimes a bit of a heavier one. Stops you in your tracks.

In saying that though, the other day my dog lagged behind and without looking back I gave a gentle tug on the lead, but she wouldn't budge. I still didn't look back and pulled a bit harder and then a bit harder still, until I was really pulling quite hard.

It was only then that I looked behind and saw she was wrapped round a lamppost.

All is well though, cos I bought an identical dog and gave her the same name, so my daughter has no idea whatsoever.

It does annoy me though when dogs suddenly stop behind you while you are walking them.

Covstu

Dogs that suddenly drag behind you when you are walking them.

They are nearly always in front of you, but sometimes they will lag behind and sometimes they suddenly stop and you carrying on walking and you feel this tremendous dead stop tug on your lead. I hate that and it does really annoy me.

Sometimes you have to give a little tug and sometimes a bit of a heavier one. Stops you in your tracks.

In saying that though, the other day my dog lagged behind and without looking back I gave a gentle tug on the lead, but she wouldn't budge. I still didn't look back and pulled a bit harder and then a bit harder still, until I was really pulling quite hard.

It was only then that I looked behind and saw she was wrapped round a lamppost.

All is well though, cos I bought an identical dog and gave her the same name, so my daughter has no idea whatsoever.

It does annoy me though when dogs suddenly stop behind you while you are walking them.
Kids walking behind you or even worse walking right in front of you!

NorthernWisdom

People trying to out do people today on social media about how much they love their mum or trying to go to amazing places for the day.... why do you need to advertise it tot the world?
I hate individual days like today (Bah Humbug). You should be nice to people all through the year, not on one arbitrary day nominated by people wanting to flog you stuff.

Mcbean

Just going through the merry go round - while i hate these comparison sites as its like the Spanish inquisition i got my renewal and promptly went onto the comparison site - within 5 mins or so i had a similar quote from the same company but £110 less - rang them and demanded that they give me the same rate - the conditions were vaguely similar - took them 2 mins to agree - if running multi vehicle dont take one off unless you are near the end of the policy as they give you three eights of fuckall back

Nick

Administrator
Exactly them!

I've now halved it per month with house insurance, it did take two hours on the phone thogh.

olderskyblue

Unbelievable how disingenuous the robbing bastard insurance companies are. Imagine going into a pub and every week they try to put the price of a pint up!

Yes, especially if the pint you had last week was someone else's fault...

Covstu

People who photograph really strange events in their life and put on social media.......
1) funerals and a picture of the graveside
2) taking pictures in hospital with a seriously ill family member
3) photos of their poorly kids

There are things that are just not appropriate for social media.

Users who are viewing this thread