Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Things that annoy you (8 Viewers)

  • Thread starter Thread starter RB1992
  • Start date Start date
I get what you're saying, but say you're like I fancy putting a 5er on xyz and deposit, then you "take time to think", then you change your mind, you can't withdraw it. So you're forced to try and turn it into a 10er.
Deposit another £5 and withdraw the £10
 
I'm just telling you how to get around their withdrawal limit thing, what a weird reply

Not weird at all. You should be able to withdraw what you deposit considering their whole "take time to think" bullshit they churn out.
 
I agree, just not sure why you would come back at me with your hypothetical.
 
Last edited:
Everytime I open social media I get pages like "social traveller benidorm" where a woman posts a picture of herself and says "coming out on my own next week, who wants a drink?" and then there's hundreds of beggy blokes.

I block one and then another appears :(
 
Everytime I open social media I get pages like "social traveller benidorm" where a woman posts a picture of herself and says "coming out on my own next week, who wants a drink?" and then there's hundreds of beggy blokes.

I block one and then another appears :(

I found on the other day about Tenerife. So funny reading the replies!
 
Got dragged up Home Bargains yesterday and there was four different people all in Villa shirts. Not as if they were the same family or anything.

Where the fuck did they spring from? Still irrationally annoyed today.
 
Not sure if this belongs here or on the Death List thread, but there are a number of things about death and dying (other than the actual act) that trigger me:-
1. "I'm sorry for your loss". F*cking bland "Hallmark Cards" tagline which everyone rolls out, parrot-fashion, in response to the news of someone dying. Happens in books, on TV shows, on social media and in real life. Can no-one come up with anything original or more thoughtful anymore? Whatever happened to "my sincere condolences"?
2. Are people these days unable to cope with the term "died"? I only ever hear people using "passed on/away" or just plain "passed" (their driving test or GCSEs?). Again, in all walks of life. They haven't "passed" anywhere - just tell the truth and say they have died!
3. Nobodies on social media who think that their "followers/friends" (who wouldn't be able to pick them out of a line-up) will have a higher opinion of them if they say that the people who have died or been otherwise impacted by a natural disaster, accident or mass shooting (for example) are "in their thoughts and prayers". Whoop-de-doo. I'm sure that will help! Virtue signalling twats!

Sorry, that one's been building for a while. If anyone has been affected by the views expressed in this message, you know who to call.
 
Everytime I open social media I get pages like "social traveller benidorm" where a woman posts a picture of herself and says "coming out on my own next week, who wants a drink?" and then there's hundreds of beggy blokes.

I block one and then another appears :(
Did she blank you??? ;)
 
I didn't even know you could use a card for deposit? Mine have always wanted proof I have it.
Usually mortgage providers will not accept the source of funds for the deposit from loans or credit cards, as ultimately the mortgage holder would be lending to lend, whereas the reason for the deposit is to paydown the value of the house to reduce the amount payable over the term you decide to take out the mortgage, therefore it does defeat the object, at least for the period it takes to repay the lending for the deposit.

That being said, there is no legislation that forbids this, so I guess it is down to the discretion and risk appetite of the provider in question. The risk for the provider will be it potentially found to have lent irresponsibly if it did not conduct checks to ensure the lender could afford to repay (as ultimately the credit card/loan would also need to be repaid). If the holder did not disclose the source of funds if asked, they obviously would potentially be found to be at fault, and lying on the application could be considered a criminal offence.

Obviously that is very broad, but simply put, it is possible to fuel the deposit from a credit card or loan, but it's greatly discouraged both for holders and providers. FYI - I am no expert, this is what I have learnt from working in the industry.
 
Last edited:
Not sure if this belongs here or on the Death List thread, but there are a number of things about death and dying (other than the actual act) that trigger me:-
1. "I'm sorry for your loss". F*cking bland "Hallmark Cards" tagline which everyone rolls out, parrot-fashion, in response to the news of someone dying. Happens in books, on TV shows, on social media and in real life. Can no-one come up with anything original or more thoughtful anymore? Whatever happened to "my sincere condolences"?
2. Are people these days unable to cope with the term "died"? I only ever hear people using "passed on/away" or just plain "passed" (their driving test or GCSEs?). Again, in all walks of life. They haven't "passed" anywhere - just tell the truth and say they have died!
3. Nobodies on social media who think that their "followers/friends" (who wouldn't be able to pick them out of a line-up) will have a higher opinion of them if they say that the people who have died or been otherwise impacted by a natural disaster, accident or mass shooting (for example) are "in their thoughts and prayers". Whoop-de-doo. I'm sure that will help! Virtue signalling twats!

Sorry, that one's been building for a while. If anyone has been affected by the views expressed in this message, you know who to call.
Well, that's YOUR funeral song sorted.

 
so dog owners who think its ok for their dogs to continually bark in the warm weather disturbing others, when it is probably the same ones complaining about the odd firework going off
 
Usually mortgage providers will not accept the source of funds for the deposit from loans or credit cards, as ultimately the mortgage holder would be lending to lend, whereas the reason for the deposit is to paydown the value of the house to reduce the amount payable over the term you decide to take out the mortgage, therefore it does defeat the object, at least for the period it takes to repay the lending for the deposit.

That being said, there is no legislation that forbids this, so I guess it is down to the discretion and risk appetite of the provider in question. The risk for the provider will be it potentially found to have lent irresponsibly if it did not conduct checks to ensure the lender could afford to repay (as ultimately the credit card/loan would also need to be repaid). If the holder did not disclose the source of funds if asked, they obviously would potentially be found to be at fault, and lying on the application could be considered a criminal offence.

Obviously that is very broad, but simply put, it is possible to fuel the deposit from a credit card or loan, but it's greatly discouraged both for holders and providers. FYI - I am no expert, this is what I have learnt from working in the industry.

Our bank were relentless with checks. Even required a signed declaration from my step dad who “gifted” us a few quid (I have since paid back) that he hadn’t lent the money from anywhere himself and he didn’t want it back.
 
Our bank were relentless with checks. Even required a signed declaration from my step dad who “gifted” us a few quid (I have since paid back) that he hadn’t lent the money from anywhere himself and he didn’t want it back.
What happened to good old endowment policies. I used to love them back in the day.
Bought quite a few from an agent working for the seller. They would get a few extra quid from me rather than a miserly trade in from their provider. I would pick up the payments and receive the proceeds when they became fully paid up.
It was a nice little earner when they were popular for mortgages.
 
Our bank were relentless with checks. Even required a signed declaration from my step dad who “gifted” us a few quid (I have since paid back) that he hadn’t lent the money from anywhere himself and he didn’t want it back.
Yeah, it's difficult from a consumer perspective as that probably did seem like overkill, and it may well have been, especially depending upon the proportion of your step-dad's gift contributed towards the deposit (of course you're right not to disclose such a thing on a public forum).

However, the Financial Crisis in 2007-2008 was multifaceted, caused by speculative bubbles in the housing market, predatory lending by banks and lack of risk-aversion by all, including consumers, among other things. Since then, banks are, and quite rightly, heavily regulated on lending, especially as consumers can't really be regulated by a public body, so the onus shifts onto the regulated industry, for the most part, to ensure the consumer can afford it and not given the opportunity to be untruthful.

An Ombudsman and/or the Financial Conduct Authority may say it is best practice to undertake such stringent checks, especially given the long-term and size of the lending in question, and the potential fallout if it lends irresponsibly. Of course every application, complaint, process etc... is nuanced, but it can be difficult at times to strike the right balance.
 
so dog owners who think its ok for their dogs to continually bark in the warm weather disturbing others, when it is probably the same ones complaining about the odd firework going off
We’re surrounded by neighbours who think it’s fine to leave their dogs barking all day out on the balcony.
 
I agree, just not sure why you would come back at me with your hypothetical.

Wasn't so much that, just if someone had their last £5 in their account and went to risk it, but decided against, they have no withdrawal option.

May have been poor grammar to sound aimed at you, sorry.
 
Not sure if just my phone/android but when charging it, Twitter seems to not be able to refresh new content. Almost like it's frozen/got poor Internet connection.
 
Wasn't so much that, just if someone had their last £5 in their account and went to risk it, but decided against, they have no withdrawal option.

May have been poor grammar to sound aimed at you, sorry.
No worries. I'm not sure how they can get away with it, like you say if they really want their customers to think about what they're doing, at the very least they should then offer a 'changed my mind' instant refund, even if it's time limited
 
Got dragged up Home Bargains yesterday and there was four different people all in Villa shirts. Not as if they were the same family or anything.

Where the fuck did they spring from? Still irrationally annoyed today.
Home Bargains is like Selfridges for Villa Fans.
 
Royal Mail, they sent me an email saying that my parcel will be delivered today but there has been no sign of the postie. I followed the link to track the parcel & it doesn't tell me where it is but all it gives me is the options I have if it can't be delivered. I know they have issues with trying to change hours/working conditions of the postmen & the postmen in turn have taken some action but are they just trying to cease trading as a company as many customers are already using alternative options.
 
Not sure if this belongs here or on the Death List thread, but there are a number of things about death and dying (other than the actual act) that trigger me:-
1. "I'm sorry for your loss". F*cking bland "Hallmark Cards" tagline which everyone rolls out, parrot-fashion, in response to the news of someone dying. Happens in books, on TV shows, on social media and in real life. Can no-one come up with anything original or more thoughtful anymore? Whatever happened to "my sincere condolences"?
2. Are people these days unable to cope with the term "died"? I only ever hear people using "passed on/away" or just plain "passed" (their driving test or GCSEs?). Again, in all walks of life. They haven't "passed" anywhere - just tell the truth and say they have died!
3. Nobodies on social media who think that their "followers/friends" (who wouldn't be able to pick them out of a line-up) will have a higher opinion of them if they say that the people who have died or been otherwise impacted by a natural disaster, accident or mass shooting (for example) are "in their thoughts and prayers". Whoop-de-doo. I'm sure that will help! Virtue signalling twats!

Sorry, that one's been building for a while. If anyone has been affected by the views expressed in this message, you know who to call.

While we’re talking macabre, I’m adding poems at funerals. 9/10 times straight off google. Even if it’s quite true to the person in question, bore off. What happened to daft anecdotes?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom