Things that annoy you (9 Viewers)

eastwoodsdustman

And people who insist on playing music with their car doors open in a residential street on a sunny day when the majority of the population are now at home. Plain fucking inconsiderate.
I was in the garden yesterday and one of the neighbours decided to play music in theirs through their alexa. I heard the dreaded words 'Alexa play UK Garage' and I had to endure an hour and half of it. It really sounded like an episode of People just do nothing which in the end I started to find amusing!

OffenhamSkyBlue

I recognise that staff in the NHS and related services are going well above and beyond at the moment. However (and i don't know if this individual was wearing her scrubs as a badge of honour, or what), it does boil my piss when anyone in healthcare wanders around in public (i.e. amongst the great unwashed) wearing their hospital (etc) uniform, scrubs, and the like.
What do they NOT UNDERSTAND about infection control? Their uniform should be left AT WORK to avoid (a) infecting the wider population or (b) transferring infectious material from the wider community to the healthcare setting!

Tommo1993

I was in the garden yesterday and one of the neighbours decided to play music in theirs through their alexa. I heard the dreaded words 'Alexa play UK Garage' and I had to endure an hour and half of it. It really sounded like an episode of People just do nothing which in the end I started to find amusing!

BANG! Lyrical blow to the jaw!

shmmeee

I recognise that staff in the NHS and related services are going well above and beyond at the moment. However (and i don't know if this individual was wearing her scrubs as a badge of honour, or what), it does boil my piss when anyone in healthcare wanders around in public (i.e. amongst the great unwashed) wearing their hospital (etc) uniform, scrubs, and the like.
What do they NOT UNDERSTAND about infection control? Their uniform should be left AT WORK to avoid (a) infecting the wider population or (b) transferring infectious material from the wider community to the healthcare setting!

Most are told not to wear it outside work anyway especially now with stories of people getting mugged for their badge. But they have to take them home to wash them.

skyblue1991

Clap for the NHS.

I appreciate the NHS for all of their hard work during this time but I can do that without standing out on my doorstep, potentially breaching social distance rules and posting a status on Facebook stating I did it for likes.

Go and volunteer instead.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Clap for the NHS.

I appreciate the NHS for all of their hard work during this time but I can do that without standing out on my doorstep, potentially breaching social distance rules and posting a status on Facebook stating I did it for likes.

It was actually a really nice touch, and heart warming to see so many people out on their doorstep showing support. We did it and didnt breach social distancing. And I can tell you NHS staff and carers appreciate the gesture.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

Clap for the NHS.

Ok grumpy, have your Horlicks and get off to bed.

oscillatewildly

Clap for the NHS.

Boooooooooo!!!

ajsccfc

Clap for the NHS.

Not like it's a choice between those two exact things though, bit misjudged this one

skyblue1991

Clap for the NHS.

I would like to rephrase my post which I did at the heat of the moment.

Clap for NHS whilst maintaining a social distance would have touch a lot of the front lines hearts and something as simple does show the appreciations.

My anger is (yet again) relating to social media. Why do people need to record themselves clapping or even state in the status they took part just to receive a few likes? Can't be people just do it and then carry on with staying at home?

Apologies for being abrupt in the first place.

To summaries things that annoy me: abuse of social media.

Mcbean

I got one of these but have not started it up as I am not convinced it can’t send something back to its makers or be hacked - couldn’t you just shout Alexa don’t ever play garage music if you can hear them talk to it ? Even the phones listen - that Siri thing often turns on in conversation

fellatio_Martinez

My anger is (yet again) relating to social media. Why do people need to record themselves clapping or even state in the status they took part just to receive a few likes? Can't be people just do it and then carry on with staying at home?

As humans we are wired to require validation for things we say and do. That's why it's so annoying when you're talking to someone and they either ignore you or talk over you. Same goes for ignored text messages etc.

Social media has tapped right into that and now sections of society are addicted to that buzz of validation that a like or comment receives.

That's why virtue signalling is so huge now. The more likes the bigger the buzz.

shmmeee

I would like to rephrase my post which I did at the heat of the moment.

Clap for NHS whilst maintaining a social distance would have touch a lot of the front lines hearts and something as simple does show the appreciations.

Apologies for being abrupt in the first place.

To summaries things that annoy me: abuse of social media.

Said to the missus last night, how is anyone filming also clapping?

shmmeee

I got one of these but have not started it up as I am not convinced it can’t send something back to its makers or be hacked - couldn’t you just shout Alexa don’t ever play garage music if you can hear them talk to it ? Even the phones listen - that Siri thing often turns on in conversation

Mate the government have been able to hack your comms since before you were born. If you own a mobile you’ve got a hackable tracker, Mike and camera on you at all times. That horse has well and truly bolted. So may as well get on the lazy as fuck “Alexa turn on the lights” train.

Mcbean

Mate the government have been able to hack your comms since before you were born. If you own a mobile you’ve got a hackable tracker, Mike and camera on you at all times. That horse has well and truly bolted. So may as well get on the lazy as fuck “Alexa turn on the lights” train.
Oh bollox -still anyone listening to my sex life would be very bored

OffenhamSkyBlue

Oh bollox -still anyone listening to my sex life would be very bored
Reminds me of Rhod Gilbert's gag about him needing to maintain phone silence when flying into Afghanistan to entertain the troops.
His Mum (who can talk for Wales) rings him, and he said "If the Taliban were listening, they'd hang up before she does!"

skybluesam66

We have a lot of government contracts and have been told not to tAke any work calls in earshot of an Alexa

JAM See

Things that annoy you...

Jesus and corduroy.

Users who are viewing this thread