Things that annoy you (8 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Most are told not to wear it outside work anyway especially now with stories of people getting mugged for their badge. But they have to take them home to wash them.

I agree they should never leave the hospital. Travesty that they have to wash them themselves for cost-cutting, despite the contamination risk.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Lewis Hamilton has got on my tits again.

Calling people not following guidelines as irresponsible and selfish (which is fine) but leaves a bit of a sour taste from someone who's avoided millions in tax. How many ventilators and PPE could his missing tax have bought?

JAM See

Lewis Hamilton has got on my tits again.

Calling people not following guidelines as irresponsible and selfish (which is fine) but leaves a bit of a sour taste from someone who's avoided millions in tax. How many ventilators and PPE could his missing tax have bought?
Anyone who avoids tax (legally or illegally) is a grade A c**t.

Nick

Administrator
Is it me or has this become the new sign off for everyone? Was there a memo that went out?
Yeah, fair enough for those risking their lives. Nurses and doctors etc.

Let's not pretend I'm risking my life sat at home drinking every day.

Nick

Administrator
Couple of weeks ago some c**t nicked my recycle bin for paper, glass and cardboard after it was emptied.

2 days later it returned but without the insert for paper to go, what a fucking hassle it is recycling now.

Gleneagles65

Just watched Countdown and Susie Dent’s anecdotes nearly make me suicidal. Nick listens intently but really wants to kill her.

Nick

Administrator
Will add to this: physically fit people wanting sponsoring to do exercise. No. Fuck off. Obese Karen from the office who has never ran in her life, HER I’ll sponsor to do the three peaks. You’re just doing a normal weekend.
Yeah exactly, it has to be something that's actually different.

Astute

Blokes doing head shave type events when they have fairly short hair anyway.
That was the second eldest lad last week. When I last saw him he had a decent amount of hair. I donated the amount to reach his target. He did a video of the shave. He must have shaved his head a couple of weeks before.

OffenhamSkyBlue

people who want me to sponsor them to go somewhere exotic to raise money for charity. I had a colleague who went to walk the Great Wall of China in aid of Myton Hospice. NO - FUCK OFF! If you want to do something to raise money for such a worthy cause, don't ask me to pay for it! Cycle to John O'Groats or something THEN i might pay!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Everyman and his dog plus his extended family, kids drones, battery motocross, RC cars, mini quadbikes and associated litter that is now the new normal in my local dog walk woods.....

I know it's wrong, but a big part of me cant wait for them all to fuck back off to their 4x4 gym bunny sunbed ted retail therapy rental car 60" 4k TV zombie lives....

skyblue1991

People in my household not tidying up after themselves.

Never noticed it before when we've all been at work but when some in the house are furloughed or taking voluntary annual leave they spend more time in the house.

Never used to be a clean freak but it's actually a good habit I've got into. It's nothing OCDish, just putting rubbish in the bin when you've finished unpacking food/parcels instead of leaving at the side for hours. There's no excuse in these times why households cannot be tidier.

skyblue1991

Another thing: Coventry City Council shutting the tip down where we have bags and bags of waste in the garden.

No reason why they cannot be open whilst adhering to social distancing measures. Fly tipping is on the rise; I don't condone it but not surprised!

If Sheffield can do it, why not Coventry?
Household Waste Recycling Centres

Sbarcher

Another thing: Coventry City Council shutting the tip down where we have bags and bags of waste in the garden.

No reason why they cannot be open whilst adhering to social distancing measures. Fly tipping is on the rise; I don't condone it but not surprised!

If Sheffield can do it, why not Coventry?
Household Waste Recycling Centres
This I fully agree with. Oxford Council have closed all our tips too. Just managed to move house the weekend before the lockdown, so really lucky but now have a carfull of stuff loaded for the tip only to find out that day that they have closed. Still got a mountain of stuff to get rid of too. This will encourage loads of folk to fly tip which will cost a fortune to clear up. If they controlled the number of cars entering and asking people to keep their space, then there should be no problem. I know it probably can't be called essential, but neither can getting a tin of paint or a bag of compost from the DIY.

NorthernWisdom

This I fully agree with. Oxford Council have closed all our tips too. Just managed to move house the weekend before the lockdown, so really lucky but now have a carfull of stuff loaded for the tip only to find out that day that they have closed. Still got a mountain of stuff to get rid of too. This will encourage loads of folk to fly tip which will cost a fortune to clear up. If they controlled the number of cars entering and asking people to keep their space, then there should be no problem. I know it probably can't be called essential, but neither can getting a tin of paint or a bag of compost from the DIY.
Massive queues around B&Q this morning.

Nick

Administrator
The tip in Coventry is setup with a barrier to only allow so many people in at a time anyway.

There's already a fair amount of fly tipping going on down the lanes by me.

skyblue1991

The tip in Coventry is setup with a barrier to only allow so many people in at a time anyway.

There's already a fair amount of fly tipping going on down the lanes by me.
Exactly, there's no reason from what I can see why the tip cannot be opened.

Where fly tipping is concerned, ultimately Coventry City Council will have to recover the waste so increasing unnecessary cost and travel to Council staff. This can easily be reduced and prevented if recycling and waste disposal centres were open.

I've fired off an email to the Council asing them to explain their rationale as to why the tip is closed.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Exactly, there's no reason from what I can see why the tip cannot be opened.

Where fly tipping is concerned, ultimately Coventry City Council will have to recover the waste so increasing unnecessary cost and travel to Council staff. This can easily be reduced and prevented if recycling and waste disposal centres were open.

I've fired off an email to the Council asing them to explain their rationale as to why the tip is closed.
I don't accept that the tip being closed is any excuse for fly tipping tbh

Users who are viewing this thread