Things that annoy you (16 Viewers)

chiefdave

I don't accept that the tip being closed is any excuse for fly tipping tbh
its not excusable but it would be incredibly naive to think its not going to happen. Same as when the council changed the rules on waste collection, it was followed by a surge in fly tipping which the council claimed wasn't linked!

shmmeee

Another thing: Coventry City Council shutting the tip down where we have bags and bags of waste in the garden.

No reason why they cannot be open whilst adhering to social distancing measures. Fly tipping is on the rise; I don't condone it but not surprised!

If Sheffield can do it, why not Coventry?
Household Waste Recycling Centres

Agreed. To be fair it’s only cos I totally missed bin day due to not knowing what day it is, but couldn’t believe it when it went on to check it was open. What am I supposed to do with my rubbish?

skyblue1991

Queues to get into shops at 11:30 on a Wednesday morning.

I'm on annual leave this week and needed to buy some groceries from Tesco Crosspoint. On the way I drove past B&M (where Homebase was), the queue was out of the car park to the entrance to Wyken Croft nature park. It looked like it would take at least 30 mins to get in.

Got to Tesco and again it was a 30 min queue!

I know there is a restriction of the number of people in the store at any oen time but... you cannot all surely by on annual leave or furloughed!

NorthernWisdom

I'm on annual leave this week and needed to buy some groceries from Tesco Crosspoint. On the way I drove past B&M (where Homebase was), the queue was out of the car park to the entrance to Wyken Croft nature park. It looked like it would take at least 30 mins to get in.

I know there is a restriction of the number of people in the store at any oen time but... you cannot all surely by on annual leave or furloughed!
But we are all on flexible working patterns

Nick

Administrator
Did you see that video of the massive queue for Waitrose, then the guy pans round behind him and there’s a co-op with no one in :D

Gimps.

Haven't seen but don't know why they do, I just went in the off license over the road.

Brighton Sky Blue

Outside Morrison’s two children were wiping their hands all over the railings and their mum was sat there doing fuck all

wingy

BBC breakfast .
It's become like a religious cult.
Propaganda machine .
You'd never know a thousand poeple were dying daily .
Captain Tom this Captain Tom that.
No1 hit next week for his birthday.

Nick

Administrator
If you limit the numbers going in there's no issue. At worst you have a traffic issue and need to stop cars queuing on the public highway. If that continues to be an issue just have a system where you have to book a slot in advance.
Cov tip has loads of space for queing. About a mile

ajsccfc

There's a point where it says you'll be waiting 45 mins so it's definitely well set up for queues if they did an appointment system which would prevent tailbacks onto the road

OffenhamSkyBlue

Britain at the minute is like watching some dystopian film
The demand from the media to know what the exit strategy is, and whether to wear a facemask or not (NOT, by the way) is simply because they are running out of things to report or speculate on, such is the need to fill their 24 hour rolling broadcasts and website updates.
I think there are very sound reasons for the government not advertising it at the moment.

Oh, and DON'T wear a mask ... it probably won't help you very much!

wingy

The demand from the media to know what the exit strategy is, and whether to wear a facemask or not (NOT, by the way) is simply because they are running out of things to report or speculate on, such is the need to fill their 24 hour rolling broadcasts and website updates.
I think there are very sound reasons for the government not advertising it at the moment.

Oh, and DON'T wear a mask ... it probably won't help you very much!
Depends where you live and whose advice is being offered.
The fact that professionals are short of kit maybe informing the advice.

Mcbean

Just smiled when I updated on this thread - I have become a grumpy old man - because so many of these wind me up - and some make me laugh like a drain

can imagine at the dump that the dump minder can’t socially distance himself while you chuck the rubble into the wrong skip or you bung the wood into the small electrics skip accidentally at the same time his mate is retrieving what he thinks is a perfect stereo for his car .

I have given up on the BBC just bias sensationalist journalism - pointscoring interviewers - they have become the mail online of tv and we have to pay for it !!!!!

anyone who flytips should have their vehicle confiscated and cleaned with bin juice

I am on a fb group of a local
Housing estate - well this is just comedy gold to read - a thread the other day started with a small pothole and then by post 50 was one that children could be lost in requiring a search party , instant punishment of the local council and a hanging of the bloke who first reported it .

da Di da

ccfctommy

Your best bet is Tesco arena park. As it's huge they can let several in.

SBAndy

Working from home and consistently having IT problems; feels like people think I’m taking the piss now I’m not being supervised but it’s stressing me out!

Nick

Administrator
There's a woman all over comedy shows who's disabled. She's clearly only on TV because she's disabled because she's is v about as funny as cancer. Although they play audience sounds to make out she's hilarious.

Other people on the awkwardly laugh too.

chiefdave

There's a woman all over comedy shows who's disabled. She's clearly only on TV because she's disabled because she's is v about as funny as cancer. Although they play audience sounds to make out she's hilarious.

Other people on the awkwardly laugh too.
Rosie Jones? She's awful. Probably the only person who makes me turn over when she appears on a show.

Nick

Administrator
Rosie Jones? She's awful. Probably the only person who makes me turn over when she appears on a show.
I think it might be, it's uncomfortable watching. Its clearly only because she's disabled she's on TV.

Its taking this equal opportunities too far, If she was actually funny then fair enough. I'd say she's worse than Miranda.

shmmeee

Is she the one that speaks really really slowly? It’s excruciating listening to her and as you say her jokes aren’t great, it’s always forced polite laughter.

This is my problem with quotas. You put forward substandard people as representatives and it ends up making that group look worse not better. Same for Geoff Norcott TBH. Not funny at all and only on because he’s a rare right wing comedian.

That said the BBC comedy circuit as a whole has been shocking for a while.

Nick

Administrator
Is she the one that speaks really really slowly? It’s excruciating listening to her and as you say her jokes aren’t great, it’s always forced polite laughter.

This is my problem with quotas. You put forward substandard people as representatives and it ends up making that group look worse not better. Same for Geoff Norcott TBH. Not funny at all and only on because he’s a rare right wing comedian.

That said the BBC comedy circuit as a whole has been shocking for a while.
Yeah, her Jokes go on for ages and are really really awful followed by fake laughing.

fernandopartridge

Working from home and consistently having IT problems; feels like people think I’m taking the piss now I’m not being supervised but it’s stressing me out!
I never log on to my work VPN as it makes working remotely a misery, luckily I can just use the Internet to access Sharepoint etc. I know what you mean though about the perception.

ccfc92

The one way aisle system and the looks some people give you.

I get the point of the system, but if I'm in the main centre aisle and need to go into an aisle which has opposite arrows, does it make sense I go up another aisle that I don't need to, increasing risk of exposure/me contaminating that aisle?

ajsccfc

I would have said yes but having seen how absolutely nobody pays any attention to them they're all but redundant anyway

Terry Gibson's perm

I think it might be, it's uncomfortable watching. Its clearly only because she's disabled she's on TV.

Its taking this equal opportunities too far, If she was actually funny then fair enough. I'd say she's worse than Miranda.

Worse than Miranda that is some call, I don’t really enjoy Rosie either, as I have a disabled daughter I am all for inclusion but not forced inclusion and would expect no favours or box ticking.

Users who are viewing this thread