The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (10 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clint van damme

Shocked defeat was by so much. I was so wrong thinking the MPs would suck up her deal in the end but I guess it was so bad and unclear no one could take it.

I'm hoping we just leave without a deal and then build up a deal in stages from a position of strength.

I am very dissapointed by the politicians they are still playing party politics when now they should present a united front to the EU and take no more shit!

how on earth will leaving with no deal and being the only country in the world without a trade deal be a position of strength?
It's not just about the EU other vultures are circling, position of strength my arse!

skybluetony176

The worry would be who comes next.

Usually, they end up with a compromise candidate, but who the hell would be considered suitable for both sides in the Tory Party?

Gove?!??!?!?

Gove would be most likely and compared to some of the alternatives I’d probably be relieved if it was. Never thought I’d ever hear myself say that.

Ian1779

I think Thatcher tabled a number of no confidence motions in Labour government before she got one to stick.

Mucca Mad Boys

The worry would be who comes next.

Usually, they end up with a compromise candidate, but who the hell would be considered suitable for both sides in the Tory Party?

Gove?!??!?!?

I imagine that the next Tory leader would be a Brexiteer as the Tory membership now favours a no deal Brexit. Gove and Johnson probably ought to be the frontrunners, or Rees-Mogg should he decide to run.

The Tories are divided now, a ‘heroic’ Brexiteer willing to actually go through with a no deal Brexit would split them totally. Ironically, that outcome would be the best thing for the Labour Party and Remainers.

In 2016, May was a good bet to unify the Tory Party, but she’s utterly failed and her position is untenable. To me, it’s a matter of when, not if she’s ousted.

Otis

I imagine that the next Tory leader would be a Brexiteer as the Tory membership now favours a no deal Brexit. Gove and Johnson probably ought to be the frontrunners, or Rees-Mogg should he decide to run.

The Tories are divided now, a ‘heroic’ Brexiteer willing to actually go through with a no deal Brexit would split them totally. Ironically, that outcome would be the best thing for the Labour Party and Remainers.

In 2016, May was a good bet to unify the Tory Party, but she’s utterly failed and her position is untenable. To me, it’s a matter of when, not if she’s ousted.
She's been a disaster and not even supported by a large section of her own party.

Sick Boy

There’s no way JRM would get the support within his party.

Ashdown

Can I just suggest, May is a useless fucking Remainer, Corbyn is just an opportunist traitor and there are no other options, so what's the answer .,,.. The UK is a calamity, rudderless with no direction at all..... Still all the dickheads in the country reckon there is room for half the planet so let the rot continue....

Grendel

According to you they’ll lose the vote tomorrow anyway in the balance of probabilities

Grendel

Whatever happens the Tories that voted to get rid of her in December but back her tomorrow look like massive hypocrites.

No they don’t - and if you do the maths they haven’t

Grendel

Mucca Mad Boys

According to you they’ll lose the vote tomorrow anyway in the balance of probabilities

The Government has said its their deal or no deal and has promptly said no deal is not Government policy. That was the condition under which a few mentioned Tories would break ranks.

The facts have changed, therefore, my opinion has too.

skybluetony176

I wasn’t even convinced that her government would lose a vote of no confidence until Grendull started confidently predicting she’ll win. ;)

CCFCSteve

How will a GE sort out this mess ?

Likely hung parliament. Im not a fan of polls but one at the weekend had Tories 6 points up - I presume that may have be partially caused by public perception of Corbyn politicising Brexit.

A majority of the public and business just want parliament to get on with it. They’re an embarrassment.

One of the extremes sides (No Deal Brexiteers or Cancel Brexit Remainers) could well end up with their worst case scenario now. Got a feeling it will be the No Deal Brexiteers with a softer brexit and/or no brexit now becoming more likely.

SkyblueBazza

Likely hung parliament. Im not a fan of polls but one at the weekend had Tories 6 points up - I presume that may have be partially caused by public perception of Corbyn politicising Brexit.

A majority of the public and business just want parliament to get on with it. They’re an embarrassment.

One of the extremes sides (No Deal Brexiteers or Cancel Brexit Remainers) could well end up with their worst case scenario now. Got a feeling it will be the No Deal Brexiteers with a softer brexit and/or no brexit now becoming more likely.
Inclined to agree. Trouble is I believe that turning back will mean we will be steamrolled on many many EU issues moving forward. Not a good thing imo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

I think Thatcher tabled a number of no confidence motions in Labour government before she got one to stick.

The only one she won was by one vote because a terminally ill labour mp couldn’t get there

Ian1779

On the polls - every polling organisation has Labour ahead or level except You Gov (created and sponsored by the Tories) which is where that poll came from.

I believe that in a GE - Labour would probably be the largest party but not enough for a majority. That would probably see a Lab/SNP\PLC/Grn coalition - and in the short term a delay in Brexit. I do think Corbyn will push for the result to be respected though.

PV only really comes into play for Labour if they can’t dislodge the government.

Mucca Mad Boys

That may well be the case but not within his own party. How anyone could contemplate voting for a man who would be opposed to abortion in cases of rape.

When I seen his position on that, I thought any hope he had of a leadership challenge were finished. The Tory membership certainly don’t seem phased by these positions.

There’s a reason I listed Gove and Boris Johnson before JRM...

CCFCSteve

On the polls - every polling organisation has Labour ahead or level except You Gov (created and sponsored by the Tories) which is where that poll came from.

I believe that in a GE - Labour would probably be the largest party but not enough for a majority. That would probably see a Lab/SNP\PLC/Grn coalition - and in the short term a delay in Brexit. I do think Corbyn will push for the result to be respected though.

PV only really comes into play for Labour if they can’t dislodge the government.

As I said Ian, hung parliament (not Tory win even if they are leading in one poll - appreciate most have a biase !)

The public have no faith in Corbyn. If a decent/competent centre left leader was in charge Labour would win by a landslide ! Whilst most are slating May (I’m not fan but she’s been dealt a shit hand) she’s still usually miles ahead of Corbyn in head to head polling and considering the shambles she has made of negoations tht says all you need to know

Corbyn in charge is not the answer. PV (lets call it what it is though, Second referendum) is now more likely as parliament is a joke. Self interests, no compromise

Grendel

Still won and opened the door to 18 years of Tory rule... unless you’re saying you wish she lost it...

Well clearly no

Users who are viewing this thread