Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

New Club Shop

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Sky Blue Hero
Joined
Jun 5, 2020
Messages
9,536
Reaction score
6,939
Took the trip down, was a great experience to be fair. Its really big and you dont feel all cramped in together, plenty of tills and queues go down quick for once. The F1 simulator was really cool and fun, the bar looks nice.
I really liked the green training top it looked really smart, its nice and spread out in a logical way.
The “pocket money” section is actually decent value for money for the kids to spend their saved up money.
Only real critique would be signage on the Women’s rack and Junior rack, and price tags would be handy as there was none on any of the shirts.
 
The no price tag thing is deliberate.
 
The no price tag thing is deliberate.
Obviously however it would be nice in future to know the prices of the shirts, I had to ask to see how much personalised ones were as I didnt read anything online
 
I didn't go into the bar/simulator/etc so can't comment on that.

I thought the actual shop was underwhelming.... its basically the same stuff they had previously but more spaced out because of two floors.

I do think the retro range is excellent though. And the new home kit is really nice.

£60 for a kid's top is obscene though.
 
So compared to the best club stores about does it rate highly ?
 
So compared to the best club stores about does it rate highly ?
I went in and got a couple of shirts. It is a vast improvement on anything before. Bar a nice touch and plenty of people doing the personalisation albeit a long wait currently so bought blank and will go back when quieter.

The real star of the show though, is that badge you have as your new avatar. You walk through the entrance tunnel and then to see that is frikkin amazing. Worth the trip along just to see that alone. Detail, the craft and the scale just so impressive. I want one!!
 
Last edited:
I went in and got a couple of shirts. It is a vast improvement on anything before. Bar a nice touch and plenty of people doing the personalisation albeit a long wait currently so bought blank and will go back when quieter.

The real start of the show though, is that badge you have as your new avatar. You walk through the entrance tunnel and then to see that is frikkin amazing. Worth the trip along just to see that alone. Detail, the craft and the scale just so impressive. I want one!!

The video of the guy making it, looks amazing! Some serious skill.
 
Anyone taken any photos of it?
Living in Ireland so can't just nip down for a look
 
Anyone taken any photos of it?
Living in Ireland so can't just nip down for a look

Plenty on Facebook posted by CCFC.
 
I'm looking forward to comparing it to the Barcelona club shop. Three floors, the amount of absolute tat in there was unreal, they will stick the badge on any old shit.

I never saw any windscreen wash though. Losers.
Did they have the RC monster truck?
 
Last edited:
I'm looking forward to comparing it to the Barcelona club shop. Three floors, the amount of absolute tat in there was unreal, they will stick the badge on any old shit.

I never saw any windscreen wash though. Losers.
you should check out any of the big clubs online stores, you are right all of them will stick a badge on anything for cash
 
Find it absolutely mental that it looked worse on a poorly edited photo that was leaked by some nobody. Mad that.
To be honest I hope it looks better than it did in the official launch video.
 
Genuine question and suspect the answer is yes but does the shop have a lift within it?
 
So compared to the best club stores about does it rate highly ?
I've been to the Boca Club shop plus Real Madrid and Barcelona , Roma , and a few others ,so will be interesting to see what our new shop is like in comparison.
 
New shop looks pretty awesome
Father Ted GIF by Pixel Bandits
 
Just been down to pickup kit for the lad.

Shop is a big improvement on before. Didn't check out the Haas Race Experience (coz I'd have never got him back out!).

Word of warning for anyone who wants shirt printing, there is NO kids printing at the moment as they had issues with the letters/numbers. Expecting to be resolved in 2-3 weeks & can pop back in to get it done.

5hr wait for printing on Adults sizes.
 
Just been down to pickup kit for the lad.

Shop is a big improvement on before. Didn't check out the Haas Race Experience (coz I'd have never got him back out!).

Word of warning for anyone who wants shirt printing, there is NO kids printing at the moment as they had issues with the letters/numbers. Expecting to be resolved in 2-3 weeks & can pop back in to get it done.

5hr wait for printing on Adults sizes.

Hopefully the wait for the adults ones is for CID to turn up and search their hard drives if they are getting their own names on the back.
 
Hopefully the wait for the adults ones is for CID to turn up and search their hard drives if they are getting their own names on the back.
Ha ha, just to clarify, we didn't want adult shirt printing, (I didn't even buy the shirt for myself) but they told us the wait when we joined the queue.

They do have pre-printed ones with the players names on as others have said.
 
They do have pre-printed ones with the players names on as others have said.
And depending on how arsed the person at the till is, could be £70 or £85+ if they add the printing charge or not.
 
Last edited:
Ha ha, just to clarify, we didn't want adult shirt printing, (I didn't even buy the shirt for myself) but they told us the wait when we joined the queue.

They do have pre-printed ones with the players names on as others have said.

My source at the club shop said there was an order for "Frostie" with number 69 on the back in adult sizes 😲
 
Went to the shop it’s better but still the organisation is horrible,loads things to put the names on the shirts but only two staff doing it, they said no more printing because we are six hours behind I said what difference would it make if you were seven behind I said I can leave it an pick it on Monday she just walked off, I did put the shirts back and walked out. It always feels like customers are a bit of a shock to them
 
Went to the shop it’s better but still the organisation is horrible,loads things to put the names on the shirts but only two staff doing it, they said no more printing because we are six hours behind I said what difference would it make if you were seven behind I said I can leave it an pick it on Monday she just walked off, I did put the shirts back and walked out. It always feels like customers are a bit of a shock to them
They're not done pre-printed shirts before have they?

Not sure how they've managed to build up a 6 hour queue when there's already shirts with the players names on. Would be interested to know the numbers involved.

Surely with no kids printing yet available there can't be that many adults buying shirts and wanting their own name on it can there???
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom