The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (50 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mucca Mad Boys

What's going to happen now then?

With a loss that big, the most ever (on a whipped vote) by a sitting Government, she really ought to resign or call a General Election.

Brexit will probably be delayed now.

Liquid Gold

She'll win the confidence vote tomorrow but then what? The deal isn't going to pass at all. Parliament will delay article 50 and May will carry on with no authority. She really needs to resign.

CCFCSteve

Interesting times. They reckon the number of Tories that voted against the deal is pretty much the same those that voted against her in the confidence vote pre Christmas, so in that sense maybe the scale of loss isn’t a surprise.

What a mess !

Grendel

DUP confirm they will support May tomorrow

Mucca Mad Boys

Biggest defeat since 1924 I think Corbyn said.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The biggest of all time. The largest defeat before that was 166 votes on a whipped vote.

If May stays on as PM it will be staggering as this Brexit deal is the flagship legislation of this Government. She’s lost the confidence of the Commons and under normal circumstances, a PM would usually resign and/or call an election.

Captain Dart

Shocked defeat was by so much. I was so wrong thinking the MPs would suck up her deal in the end but I guess it was so bad and unclear no one could take it.

I'm hoping we just leave without a deal and then build up a deal in stages from a position of strength.

I am very dissapointed by the politicians they are still playing party politics when now they should present a united front to the EU and take no more shit!

Grendel

The biggest of all time. The largest defeat before that was 166 votes on a whipped vote.

If May stays on as PM it will be staggering as this Brexit deal is the flagship legislation of this Government. She’s lost the confidence of the Commons and under normal circumstances, a PM would usually resign and/or call an election.

Of course you think several Tory MPs will support labour in the no confidence motion don’t you?

Mucca Mad Boys

DUP confirm they will support May tomorrow

That was never in doubt. The question is, will any Conservative MPs resign the Tory whip and/or break ranks with the Government.

People like Soubry, Boles and Grieve are already facing calls to be deselected by their membership. They may be willing to vote against the Government. It’s certainly an interesting scenario.

Whether or not the no confidence motion passes, there’s probably going to have to be a general election either way.

Mucca Mad Boys

Of course you think several Tory MPs will support labour in the no confidence motion don’t you?

I certainly think there will be pressure on her to resign.

Right now, the picture is unclear until the Government announces its next steps since the Tory MPs who have said they’ll vote with Labour if a ‘No Deal Brexit’ became Government policy. Which Teresa May has ruled out immediately after the vote.

Users who are viewing this thread