The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (18 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ian1779

How you feel about farage is how I feel about people on the remain side such as Blair, bob geldof and nick clegg. How anyone can vote on their side of the argument is beyond me also. They aren’t worth the air in this world.

It’s always two sides of the argument.

You mentioned 3 twats... who I wouldn't agree with and a lot of people that voted to remain wouldn't either. But none of them get the press that Farage does. And yet he still plays the bigoted, intolerance card. That's what is the worst, him saying that every failing in this country is due to people that are not indigenous. And he insinuates it at every opportunity.

clint van damme

Yes and you know for certain if they gave it a British company and they messed it up all the remainers would be out on force saying what a joke we are.

We can’t win either way. I agree with you.

How the fuck do you mess up supplying passports? You have a low opinion of our workforce.

clint van damme

Well that's where I'm seeing all the noise come from this morning to be honest. I don't see how it is a fuck up. If the passports are good quality and the deal to make them is currently better than the one we have then that's fine.

I'm constantly hearing 'leave voters hate Europe and its people' and that noise comes from remainers nearly every time. I don't actually know any leave voters who share those feelings, and I know quite a lot of them.

straight out of the EU manual!

Kingokings204

You mentioned 3 twats... who I wouldn't agree with and a lot of people that voted to remain wouldn't either. But none of them get the press that Farage does. And yet he still plays the bigoted, intolerance card. That's what is the worst, him saying that every failing in this country is due to people that are not indigenous. And he insinuates it at every opportunity.

I don’t think that’s the case at all. I think that’s the media view of farage and you hate him. That’s fine. Many millions do but many millions don’t. You either love him or hate him.

As for the 3 twats I mentioned then that’s fine but I guess proves my point. There was twats on both sides of the referendum wasn’t there?

chiefdave

Also I disagree with some stock comments. Haddock stocks are very high at the moment especially in the West Country and they can’t help but catch them, my point was because the stocks are plentiful they have to give them back. You can’t ask which fish you catch in your net can you? Doesn’t work like that.
Why is so much haddock being thrown back when the entire catch is supposed to be landed under the discard ban?

Astute

I fully agre...just like the vast majority if people do. But those who are looking at reasons to have a go use Farage as an excuse to have a go. There are plenty on both sides that act like idiots.

SkyblueBazza

No. It is not shaky, it is stating one possibility which is less likely. It is more likely that Brexit will cause immense damage. It is impossible to predict with 100% accuracy, but up until now, there is nothing to suggest we will have any great benefits from Brexit. We haven’t got a deal with EU and we haven’t got a deal with anyone else or even Port controls to enforce any deal with anyone. Grayling has said it is impossible to control Dover for customs. Throwing fish into the Thames from a boat when you haven’t even got permission to dock the fxxking boat only makes the liar in chief and his fans look stupid.

You can call that an anti Brexit rant, but it doesn’t alter what I am saying. Where are the benefits?

But you seem able to predict all the negatives, & with apparent surety. We DO have a deal with the EU - a transition deal. Now the talks have moved to the stage. May
Be you need to stop looking for negatives, have a little faith in the negotiators (coz your rants won't change anything)...& get on with your life?!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

See the French are unhappy today. Economic reform is unpopular anywhere...but there is every possibility of widespread unrest in France as the attitude long catered for by the EU has been French economic accommodation rather than reform

Grendel

That was your choice, and if the EU was always the big issue which we needed to get out of, you and your leaver friends could have joined them in the same way as you are suggesting all remainers are voting or should be voting liberal. Why weren't people so angry in the past that they voted extreme right or left? What do you think rather suddenly made them want to leave? IMO it is the right wing UK msm and fake news plastered over FB by Farage's friends like Bannon, Breitbart and the Mercer family, CA etc. and other dubious parties. The status quo plus EU reform was the safest option for Britain and most of it's population.

No we couldn’t as there was no alternative at the time. All parties had their snouts in the EU trough. There was no mainstream political party not wedded to the gravy train.

martcov

No we couldn’t as there was no alternative at the time. All parties had their snouts in the EU trough. There was no mainstream political party not wedded to the gravy train.

Or not wedded to European cooperation in the interest of peace and trade. The worst party for having gravytrainers and dippers is actually UKIP who were only there for the beer and their own anti EU agenda.

martcov

See the French are unhappy today. Economic reform is unpopular anywhere...but there is every possibility of widespread unrest in France as the attitude long catered for by the EU has been French economic accommodation rather than reform

France was always a bureaucratic centralised state. All roads lead to Paris. They work fewer hours than many and always drop everything for the 1. May and generally for „Midi“ which can last 2 hours. They need some reforms to compete in the global economy. Some won’t like that. Nothing to do with the EU. They are a sovereign state.

martcov

But you seem able to predict all the negatives, & with apparent surety. We DO have a deal with the EU - a transition deal. Now the talks have moved to the stage. May
Be you need to stop looking for negatives, have a little faith in the negotiators (coz your rants won't change anything)...& get on with your life?!

Yes. It is going vaguely as I predicted. I would have thought there would be more resentment in Scotland though, but they need us to support them.

I predicted Ireland as the big problem in an interview in German TV on the day after the vote.

I also got newspaper headlines by declaring the vote as a „stupid decision“. I haven’t changed my mind one bit.

Where is article 32 in the deal you mention?

I have just handed my forms and documents in for German citizenship. I have signed a loyalty declaration. That is loyalty to the German constitution and a pledge not to join anti constitutional parties ( Nazi or extreme left ) and not to join any prescribed/ terrorist organisation. Which I obviously won’t.

Sick Boy

One more thing.

So what rights do I believe should be taken away from whom?

I have been asked the same questions countless times on here. Usually what good can come from this. And countless times I have given the same answers.

I have not taken any rights away from anyone. But you don't like it when I point out that we don't have the infrastructure to cope with an open border policy. You moan that you pay too much in rent. But you would be delighted if millions more could come to live here and put rents up even more. You blane past governments. Partially correct. But if millions of people didn't have the right to come here if they fancied it then the priblem wouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

My sister went with money. She struggled at first as she bought an ex pub that was just a shell and a little.more. Had a severe lack of funds towards the end of doing it up. But she would never dream of claiming a single Euro. Now it is up and running she has brought life back into the place where her pub is. People travel for miles to go there as all pubs in the area closed. She took a massive gamble. But she invested her own money. She didn't just move to France with nothing and expect to get housed or to get funded in any way.

But I suppose everyone that has come to the UK is the same.....

Most EU immigration is due to people coming here to work and pay taxes. Fair play to your sister, it's a shame that future generations will never get the chance to do what she has done. To blame the housing crisis on immigrants is the easy option and has been going on for decades, you'd have blamed those coming from the east and west had this been in previous decades.

martcov

Most EU immigration is due to people coming here to work and pay taxes. Fair play to your sister, it's a shame that future generations will never get the chance to do what she has done. To blame the housing crisis on immigrants is the easy option and has been going on for decades, you'd have blamed those coming from the east and west had this been in previous decades.

In the 30s there were Welsh ex miners ( including my grandfather) , in the 50s and 60s it was the „paddies“. Then the Caribeans, Kenyan and Ugandan Asians and so on and so on... I cannot remember there being so little affordable housing being built ( but I live abroad and could be wrong). But whatever problems there were the migrants were the cause.

martcov

That is the difference between proportional representation and fptp. In Europe you would have had some representation. One of the Democratic deficiencies of the UK. They don’t even elect the head of the civil service.

Astute

If you want to have a debate with me can you please read what I say and then not maje out I have said something else.

I said not enough houses have been built and milliins of people coming to live here have made the situation worse.

Or somehow do you disagree with this?

SkyblueBazza

France was always a bureaucratic centralised state. All roads lead to Paris. They work fewer hours than many and always drop everything for the 1. May and generally for „Midi“ which can last 2 hours. They need some reforms to compete in the global economy. Some won’t like that. Nothing to do with the EU. They are a sovereign state.
But they cannot compete on the global stage. The EU doesn't let them do so as freely as we shall be able to soon.
A soverign state that operates within (sometimes) EU rules & regulations you mean. And pays into EU coffers. And when we depart will be almost certainly be required to contribute more to cover the shortfall.
What I am getting at is that the reforms that really speaking were needed 20+yrs ago have been festering as long as the other bigger economies (through the EU) covered up their inefficiencies with stuff like the agricultural policy to name one. Losing the UK will sadly bring some harsh truths to some...especially France who now need to reform as a matter of urgency for the greater good of the EU - otherwise the whole thing will collapse.

SkyblueBazza

Yes. It is going vaguely as I predicted. I would have thought there would be more resentment in Scotland though, but they need us to support them.

I predicted Ireland as the big problem in an interview in German TV on the day after the vote.

I also got newspaper headlines by declaring the vote as a „stupid decision“. I haven’t changed my mind one bit.

Where is article 32 in the deal you mention?

I have just handed my forms and documents in for German citizenship. I have signed a loyalty declaration. That is loyalty to the German constitution and a pledge not to join anti constitutional parties ( Nazi or extreme left ) and not to join any prescribed/ terrorist organisation. Which I obviously won’t.
The rat deserting what it perceives to be a sinking ship.
Auf Wiedersehen

Grendel

That is the difference between proportional representation and fptp. In Europe you would have had some representation. One of the Democratic deficiencies of the UK. They don’t even elect the head of the civil service.

Again complete rubbish - all major parties all had their snouts in the Eu trough.

Sick Boy

If you want to have a debate with me can you please read what I say and then not maje out I have said something else.

I said not enough houses have been built and milliins of people coming to live here have made the situation worse.

Or somehow do you disagree with this?

The jobs hae been there to fill due to a relatively successful economy, blame should be directed at successive governments, not those coming here to work and pay taxes.

martcov

But they cannot compete on the global stage. The EU doesn't let them do so as freely as we shall be able to soon.
A soverign state that operates within (sometimes) EU rules & regulations you mean. And pays into EU coffers. And when we depart will be almost certainly be required to contribute more to cover the shortfall.
What I am getting at is that the reforms that really speaking were needed 20+yrs ago have been festering as long as the other bigger economies (through the EU) covered up their inefficiencies with stuff like the agricultural policy to name one. Losing the UK will sadly bring some harsh truths to some...especially France who now need to reform as a matter of urgency for the greater good of the EU - otherwise the whole thing will collapse.

Losing the UK will help speed necessary reforms up. Won’t be good for trade and finance for both sides. Can’t see why that would make anyone happy.

Sick Boy

For what it's worth, I reckon that the UK is going to end up 'doing a Norway', we will still have technically left the EU and delivered on the referendum question.

The government has backed down on so many issues and this will be the final one.

Watch this space ;)

Last edited:

martcov

Again complete rubbish - all major parties all had their snouts in the Eu trough.

Proportional representation in the UK would have given leavers a voice years ago, even if they were in a minority. As it was their only voice in Parliament for 40 years was restricted to some grumpy Tory backbenchers. The EU actually allowed UKIP into the fray and gave them a platform. The irony.. without the PR democracy of the EU we would not be leaving.

martcov

Because your beloved EU won't allow us to have any.

Then you go on about fake news......

Transition period:

“Under the terms of that joint legal text, the UK will be able to negotiate, sign and ratify its own trade deals, while EU citizens arriving in the UK will enjoy the same rights and guarantees as those who arrive before Brexit.”

fernandopartridge

Boris Johnson explains the motivation for the Salisbury attack:

( as reported in the Independent)

„He told MPs: “As many non-democratic figures do when facing an election or some critical political moment, it is often attractive to conjure up in the public imagination the notion of an enemy.

“That is what I think it was – an attempt to excite amongst the Russian electorate.”“

Interesting. How did he arrive at this conclusion? Notion of an enemy..... now where have we seen that before? And who has been criticised for doing that in the U.K.?
Both Russia and the UK are playing that game. Which party was it took us to the Falklands?

Users who are viewing this thread